NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 47 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by ForanAgainst Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:08 pm

It might be time to go back to an uninspiring wfb3 option.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 47 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by GreenSchist Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:08 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

where did you find the image ?

It’s been shared around on multiple socials, all with the reference to Rugby League Guru, including directly from the Rugby League Guru’s Facebook page.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:13 pm

my tv broke wrote:Back injuries are legit though, even if youre good to play, it doesnt mean youll go as hard as you would if you had absolutely zero concerns.

Anyway probably still roll with him

just needle him up if necessary
    TherealTimSimona

Post by TherealTimSimona Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:18 pm

Thoughts on Tesi Niu? Will have dpp and seems like guaranteed heaps of tb’s per game, Easy draw as well
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:20 pm

precursor wrote:While we're on the topic of traps... did we reach a verdict on Kini? He's currently not in my squad but if someone like Salmon proves non-viable I suppose I could grab him... Seems kind of pointless to have him and not play him though. I still think having him and gunning up in other areas is a bit of a risk, especially with Pap's early bye.

Only makes my squad if TLT2 goes horribly wrong. The early bye kills him as an option IMO
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:22 pm

TherealTimSimona wrote:Thoughts on Tesi Niu? Will have dpp and seems like guaranteed heaps of tb’s per game, Easy draw as well

Not mad about Titans or Dolphins players with early bye
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:35 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

There are a few issues with Flanagan

1/ He has only played 5/8 once. This was with a much less dominant half (Chad Townsend) and for the most part, they shared long-range kicking duties. During this period (in 2019) he averaged 37
    2/ During this time, he average 2 goials per game, so you can take four points of him straight away. He is not kicking this year so his comparative avg slides to 33.
    3/ Also kicks metres were obtained every 20 metres, compared to 30 now. Assuming he maintains the same share of kicking duties, he is back down another 2.5 points per game to 30.5.
    4/ He is playing with a much more dominant HLF, who is likely to do most of the long kicking If you take this into account he might at a pinch wake out 28 points per week if he is lucky
    5/ You could argue that Hunt is far lmore dominant than Burton. Yet his scores at the Bulldogs were putrid.

I hope that Flanagan goes well for those that plck him... But I am gambling that if he is not the messiah - and not even particularly naughty

Flanno is a gross pick, but you can at least trade him down to a cow that arises later on. With a pretty dire sub-300k class this year he's not an awful asset - he will hit his BE most weeks and maybe earn 50k. If I can trade him to Galvin in round 6 who then makes 250k then that's not a bad deal
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:35 pm

TherealTimSimona wrote:Thoughts on Tesi Niu? Will have dpp and seems like guaranteed heaps of tb’s per game, Easy draw as well

If he gets DPP I'll probably bring him in for Seb Kris - depending on Burbo loop
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:37 pm

He is in my team
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:38 pm

when i saw tesi niu in the trials he impressed me looks fit, very sharp & fast but he has the early bye & the dolphins played strong teams both trials & looked poor...them & the cowboys looked off pace
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:01 pm

Loomer wrote:If I go Flanagan as 2nd half to Cleary I can afford Murray along with Grant Haas Ponga as expensive guns. Tempted. I would VC Murray C Haas

Grant
    Haas Murray Cotter
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Flanno
    Strange (Kris)
    Ponga Papy Kini

Sitili Luki Salmon Hughes
    Burbo Willison Levi Mikaele +72k itb
    Very similar team to me excep the depth at FRF seems so much better than at halves. I went heavier at 2nd Half over 3rd Mid. Your biggest problem is if Strange doesn’t get picked. You potentially have one playing centre and that’s Burbo. Most are preparing for a poor Burbo score. I think you need to prepare your team with one decent Centre and if TLT 2 (and Ricky) somehow answer our prayers then revert to this plan. What happens if Salmon doesn’t start? I don’t like the idea of starting Shoes! Mikaele is a player you pick after TLT 2 and rumour has been Willison now misses the 17. I think as far as Flanno goes -trial 1 is far more likely than trial 2. I would hate to have to have any of those cheap halves under FOG in my 17, let alone in my 13.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:07 pm

danseels1985 wrote:

I’m thinking I might take a punt on Fainu as a placeholder for this week at least as I have 367k to use for the last spot and not crash hot about any of the options there. Was thinking Arthurs but I already have Cotric and Kini so probably overkill. Have no idea about any Tigers players of course haha

Galvin is apparently ahead of him. Jamie on youtube is saying Galvin is worth stashing, I think it is more a hunch for him than any inside knowledge though. Seyfarth looks the safest of these options for getting a decent starting role. Someone will benefit from Blore going and Seyfarth looks to be the one picking up those minutes.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:10 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:It might be time to go back to an uninspiring wfb3 option.

Agreed. I’ll be going Bradley, but if not chosen it will be Kini. Rd 2 he becomes Weakes. If Strange is miraculously chosen I’ll be forced to go Cotric for Rd 2. As uninspiring as it gets!

mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:11 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Yeah its something only fantasy nerds would care about

The field is still marked 10m intervals but it’s really only 9.45m apart. Meaning a 40/20 is really 38ish metres and a 20m kick return is 19ish and so on

I think the biggest impact is going to be kick offs. Will see some sailing over the dead ball line.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:15 pm

precursor wrote:

Looking like I may have to with Kiraz in a bit of doubt... was keen on him for CTR dual when Burbo or Strange don't work out.

The good thing about Kiraz is that if he is out, you can grab an Eels CTR instead in that same game.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:18 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Only makes my squad if TLT2 goes horribly wrong. The early bye kills him as an option IMO
    I think Kini is worth the risk, you’ll no doubt have Weekes in Rd 2. They have a good run, if he kills it Campbell won’t come straight back in. Surely Campbell gets a test run in cup first.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:22 pm

White Lightning wrote:when i saw tesi niu in the trials he impressed me looks fit, very sharp & fast but he has the early bye & the dolphins played strong teams both trials & looked poor...them & the cowboys looked off pace
    Titans did look terrible but I think you missed both Tigers trials too! I can’t believe we look as bad, if not worse, than last year.
    It looks like we’ll be peaking after Rd 1.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:26 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:

Agreed. I’ll be going Bradley, but if not chosen it will be Kini. Rd 2 he becomes Weakes. If Strange is miraculously chosen I’ll be forced to go Cotric for Rd 2. As uninspiring as it gets!

Seems reliable info Bradley not making 17. One of Strange and Weekes gets half spot and rumours so far will be Strange. If correct Bradley and Weekes are no go.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:27 pm

24 hours to kick off
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:27 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    I think Kini is worth the risk, you’ll no doubt have Weekes in Rd 2. They have a good run, if he kills it Campbell won’t come straight back in. Surely Campbell gets a test run in cup first.

I think one of last year's lessons (could be isolated to last year) was to avoid cows with early byes. Throw in the shakey JS for Kini and he's a no-go for me unless I run out of options and panic Laughing That bye is a killer, or I'd be a lot more keeny.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:38 am