NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by Loomer Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:28 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Very similar team to me excep the depth at FRF seems so much better than at halves. I went heavier at 2nd Half over 3rd Mid. Your biggest problem is if Strange doesn’t get picked. You potentially have one playing centre and that’s Burbo. Most are preparing for a poor Burbo score. I think you need to prepare your team with one decent Centre and if TLT 2 (and Ricky) somehow answer our prayers then revert to this plan. What happens if Salmon doesn’t start? I don’t like the idea of starting Shoes! Mikaele is a player you pick after TLT 2 and rumour has been Willison now misses the 17. I think as far as Flanno goes -trial 1 is far more likely than trial 2. I would hate to have to have any of those cheap halves under FOG in my 17, let alone in my 13.

A lot of TLT2 part of my team is subject to change. If Lussick or Hands outright hooker I'll probably get instead Grant and spread the money around
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:29 pm

mattnz wrote:

Galvin is apparently ahead of him. Jamie on youtube is saying Galvin is worth stashing, I think it is more a hunch for him than any inside knowledge though. Seyfarth looks the safest of these options for getting a decent starting role. Someone will benefit from Blore going and Seyfarth looks to be the one picking up those minutes.
    After trial 2 surely Seyfarth is no longer safe. Even if he is would you really want him in your side? As far as The Tigers 6 goes -who knows? Galvin looked the best option in Trial 2 but he’s 18. I doubt he starts.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:36 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I think one of last year's lessons (could be isolated to last year) was to avoid cows with early byes. Throw in the shakey JS for Kini and he's a no-go for me unless I run out of options and panic Laughing That bye is a killer, or I'd be a lot more keeny.

If I can miss Carty and still finish 184th, I think I'll be fine without Kini who's upside to Carty has no comparison. If news comes out that Campbell is stuffed, can bring him in R3 no sweat.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:36 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    After trial 2 surely Seyfarth is no longer safe. Even if he is would you really want him in your side? As far as The Tigers 6 goes -who knows? Galvin looked the best option in Trial 2 but he’s 18. I doubt he starts.

Seyfarth did fine. He came on and off at exact 20 minute intervals for 40 minutes for 35 points. Would expect him to get more than that if starting at lock, as he has in both trials. He is getting lots of touches as a ball playing lock and has a high work rate. Should be great value - cheap, high ppm, active role. Bateman slots straight in at EDG as he did last season.

That said, he isnt currently in my team. Will see how things pan out, but definitely on my radar, especially if I have a player in slot 18 that kills it.

Last edited by mattnz on Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:37 pm

mattnz wrote:24 hours to kick off

First 24-cut of the season is already 5 minutes late, and it's not even the Eels with their notoriously late cuts and final teams.

Both teams 1-17

Jake Arthur/Aaron Woods

Tallis Duncan/Dean Hawkins

The reserves for Manly and Rabbits resp.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:41 pm

Loomer wrote:

A lot of TLT2 part of my team is subject to change. If Lussick or Hands outright hooker I'll probably get instead Grant and spread the money around
    I can’t see an 80 minute Parra HOK. The way he said that I read it as what he would like so an eventual rather than for Rd 1. He never said he was going to start with an 80 minute HOK. If he had then surely the trials was the place to trial a big minute HOK. Assume the worst case at all times in this game! God I hope Strange gets picked over Weekes. Strange at 2nd Centre looks so much better than Weekes at 19 or 20.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:44 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

First 24-cut of the season is already 5 minutes late, and it's not even the Eels with their notoriously late cuts and final teams.

Both teams 1-17

Jake Arthur/Aaron Woods

Tallis Duncan/Dean Hawkins

The reserves for Manly and Rabbits resp.
    How does Woods make any team’s top 21 let alone 30?
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:46 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    I can’t see an 80 minute Parra HOK. The way he said that I read it as what he would like so an eventual rather than for Rd 1. He never said he was going to start with an 80 minute HOK. If he had then surely the trials was the place to trial a big minute HOK. Assume the worst case at all times in this game! God I hope Strange gets picked over Weekes. Strange at 2nd Centre looks so much better than Weekes at 19 or 20.

The much less conditioned Hodgson started off last year as an 80 minute hooker, Lussick finished the year as an 80 minute hooker, I think downside is what Lussick is priced at (30 in 50 mins) and upside is 10 points of value. If he sucks, he goes for Grant after R4 and I cry myself to sleep at night.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:56 pm

ytsb wrote:

The much less conditioned Hodgson started off last year as an 80 minute hooker, Lussick finished the year as an 80 minute hooker, I think downside is what Lussick is priced at (30 in 50 mins) and upside is 10 points of value. If he sucks, he goes for Grant after R4 and I cry myself to sleep at night.

Lussick averaged 49 in 70 minutes the last time he was the Eels big minute HOK. Worth having if he gets the role.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:58 pm

No way i am stashing Seyfarth unless things are dire next week. Hes a wait and see, easy trade in from another failed mid if so. I dont trust him to score well let alone start at lock regularly
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:59 pm

I’m far from thrilled about it, but currently I have Smith in Mids as I think there is more chance Big Foot is named as an 80 min HOK at Parra on Tuesday than Lussick or Hands. This myth has really gained traction hasn’t it. If by some act of God one is named and the other is in 21 then they will come in straight away, but by then Smith is locked. What is your plan B? I hope it isn’t Levi. Other than the HOK guns I’m not happy with any of the mids. 24 hours to go!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:00 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:

I dont think any team planning to play an 80 min hooker would do that in trials?

I feel theres a reasonable chance Hands is on the bench but lussick still plays ~basically 80.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:01 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:I’m far from thrilled about it, but currently I have Smith in Mids as I think there is more chance Big Foot is named as an 80 min HOK at Parra on Tuesday than Lussick or Hands. This myth has really gained traction hasn’t it. If by some act of God one is named and the other is in 21 then they will come in straight away, but by then Smith is locked. What is your plan B? I hope it isn’t Levi. Other than the HOK guns I’m not happy with any of the mids. 24 hours to go!

I will run without cover until Grant's bye if I have to. Cheese is indestructible, as we all know. On a serious note, If we get a decent cashie come TLT B, and there's slim chance of Lussick getting 60+ mins, I'll downgrade a middie and upgrade Lussick to likely Robson or Cook/Grant if funds allow. I'm keen to take the risk on Lussick.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:05 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:I’m far from thrilled about it, but currently I have Smith in Mids as I think there is more chance Big Foot is named as an 80 min HOK at Parra on Tuesday than Lussick or Hands. This myth has really gained traction hasn’t it. If by some act of God one is named and the other is in 21 then they will come in straight away, but by then Smith is locked. What is your plan B? I hope it isn’t Levi. Other than the HOK guns I’m not happy with any of the mids. 24 hours to go!

Play Smith at HOK, then you have the ability to bring Lussick in on the bench, or even run Smith as only HOK for a bit if needed until it is clearer where there is value.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:10 pm

ytsb wrote:

I will run without cover until Grant's bye if I have to. Cheese is indestructible, as we all know. On a serious note, If we get a decent cashie come TLT B, and there's slim chance of Lussick getting 60+ mins, I'll downgrade a middie and upgrade Lussick to likely Robson or Cook/Grant if funds allow. I'm keen to take the risk on Lussick.
    Smith is more crumbly than cheddar! I’m just hoping he can get me through to Rd 4. That DPP is very handy though. What could possibly go wrong?
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:12 pm

mattnz wrote:

Galvin is apparently ahead of him. Jamie on youtube is saying Galvin is worth stashing, I think it is more a hunch for him than any inside knowledge though. Seyfarth looks the safest of these options for getting a decent starting role. Someone will benefit from Blore going and Seyfarth looks to be the one picking up those minutes.

I actually was talking about the FRF Fainu? Again I have no idea about the Tigers pecking order so merely guessing. For me it more comes down to whether I pick Moses or Fogarty,if it’s Moses I’ll need to consolidate elsewhere. I’ll put it to a vote actually

TU: Moses and up to 367k player
    TD: Fogarty and up to 522k player

Team is like this minus the gaps

Grant
    Haas Cotter Sitili
    Piakura Luki
    Cleary ?
    Strange Burbo
    Papy Walsh Kini

Smithies
    Salmon
    Hutch
    Flanagan
    Hughes
    Mikaele
    Cotric
    ?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:17 pm

danseels1985 wrote:

I actually was talking about the FRF Fainu? Again I have no idea about the Tigers pecking order so merely guessing. For me it more comes down to whether I pick Moses or Fogarty,if it’s Moses I’ll need to consolidate elsewhere. I’ll put it to a vote actually

TU: Moses and up to 367k player
    TD: Fogarty and up to 522k player

Team is like this minus the gaps

Grant
    Haas Cotter Sitili
    Piakura Luki
    Cleary ?
    Strange Burbo
    Papy Walsh Kini

Smithies
    Salmon
    Hutch
    Flanagan
    Hughes
    Mikaele
    Cotric
    ?

Prop Fainu is way down the pecking order. EDG Fainu ($344k) is a chance to make the bench, but looks like Kepoa is much more likely to be bench EDG at the moment, having started in both trials for Bateman's EDG.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:18 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    How does Woods make any team’s top 21 let alone 30?

Even better, he made the top 19 Very Happy Always good to have a big soft pillow for the other 18 guys to rest up on.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:21 pm

mattnz wrote:

Play Smith at HOK, then you have the ability to bring Lussick in on the bench, or even run Smith as only HOK for a bit if needed until it is clearer where there is value.
    If Lussick is named as an 80 min HOK then it’s goodbye to Hutch or just about any other of my 17-21! It doesn’t really matter where he or Smith are placed in my 1-17. I am actually considering Smith at 18 and Burbo at 19 as there will be some DPPs added next week. Surely Rd 1 is the safest round to start Smith if ever there is one.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:23 pm

P sure nrl players are the only people on earth to slip in the shower

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:49 am