NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by WT Winfield Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:26 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Don't like either.

Think there is more value in Wong and Piakura in the EDG positions. Thats probably an obvious statement though.

Even Blore looks more attractive in a better team.

Gotta love a man in purple aye lad?
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by lukeayee Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:29 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Gotta love a man in purple aye lad?

When will you get over it? Have we (you) not learned the lesson about politics getting into every aspect of corporate and sporting culture over the last 12 months.

Why don't you go have a bud light. Aye lad?
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:31 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Don't like either.

Think there is more value in Wong and Piakura in the EDG positions. Thats probably an obvious statement though.

Yea but your point about Cowboys bye schedule being good would indicate a guy like luki would be better to grab then a guy like blore given the round 4 bye
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:33 pm

King Assassin wrote:

I dont think hes talking about the number on his back. more the guy next to him, Last year wearing 6 the 7 next to him (dont remember who it was) took kick metre off him. Compared to when he played 7 he took nearly all the kick metres.

I still don't think it will be as clear cut in terms of kick metres as it may seem. Hutch was sharing long kicking duties in trial 1 while they were both on the field. Granted that wasn't for all that long, but I reckon it will fluctuate week to week.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:39 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Just a reminder to those considering Salmon:

Probably best to be building your team around CURRAN, not Salmon. Curran is like 200k more, so if he’s named and salmon isn’t, you’ll have to rejig quite a lot to fit him in. If you plan for Curran, and salmon is picked, you actually gain that 200k to use elsewhere.

It’s risky planning to rejig to get Curran in because you’ll already have your Vegas players locked and you’ll have less cash to work with.

I only say this because every team I see posted has Salmon in it and not a big bank. IMO we should be planning for the worst and hoping for the best.
    Even if starting prop I don’t think Curran gets more than 50mins not gonna get the 60-65mins we wanted
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:40 pm

Look, Hutch isn't the second coming but I think people may be overestimating Burton's ability to be the dominant player in a team.

IMO Burton is a good RL player best suited to CTR who seems to retreat into his shell when asked to dictate play. He can also kick the ball very high, which is no good for KMs.

Having Hutch take a bit of the kicking & guiding the team around the park stuff away from him might help him and may drag Hutch up to the 40 points a game that we are looking for. It may all go to shit but that's the risk.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:43 pm

I have been actively avoiding all Wests news. Is Koro likely to get 80 mins? I am considering running with Koro because I am struggling to see the value in the usual hooker suspects
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:43 pm

With the lack of confirmation on mid price Middle options, the safe thing to do would to probably run with 1 of Tatola, Leniu or (Sitili - if you're running Wong as well). No guarantee Curran, Plath, Smithies even Lolo, on the back of that trial form, get the starts.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:47 pm

ytsb wrote:I have been actively avoiding all Wests news. Is Koro likely to get 80 mins? I am considering running with Koro because I am struggling to see the value in the usual hooker suspects

Honestly, Koro is probably the best value of the 'next best' guys but that round one bye is a fucking killer. I'm loath to have any Tigers in my team until I see an actual team list.

I've also got a feeling that Robson is going to turn it around in the season proper just to fuck with us (not a big enough feeling to go with hmi though......yet)
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:50 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Honestly, Koro is probably the best value of the 'next best' guys but that round one bye is a fucking killer. I'm loath to have any Tigers in my team until I see an actual team list.

I've also got a feeling that Robson is going to turn it around in the season proper just to fuck with us (not a big enough feeling to go with hmi though......yet)

Definitely agree, tigers probably to be avoided for round 1. Id say having more than 1 Titan or Dolphin given the round 2 and 3 byes is probably a no no as well.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:56 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Bro acts like re-jigging a team takes more than 2 minutes

Kind of also why posting squads is pointless atm with so many unknowns

Yeah I just re-jigged mine in two minutes. Depending on lists, if there is cheapies I can do say Salmon + Hopgood. If not and the midrangers look better, could be Blore and Curran for example. No need to panic there. Just might make it hard if you really really over did it and locked in too many Vegas players.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:58 pm

What happens when JWH back? Worried about owning Wong Sitili and more so Lenui. Limited options in price bracket that I don't already have
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:58 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Don't like either.

Blore was a beast last season, just wasnt getting the minutes.

I'm planning to grab all these guys, Piakura, Wong, Sitili, Blore, Smithies, Luki. Go where the value is.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:59 pm

Aardvark wrote:

After being burnt by him just before origin last year, I didn't even consider him. Upon reflection, he was so frustrating a) because he was picked for origin during his bye round, and b) i held him and he scored atrociously thereafter.

A case can be made that Robson was cooked after his origin debut, and his scores certainly reflect this.

He has 5 points of value if you take his R1-14 games from last year, but there's additional value in being a certain starter until Bye round 1. If Grant didn't have a R4 bye I'd be all over him...

Lussick + Robson might be the play, and let Cheese slip through to the keepers in lieu of Cotter.
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:59 pm

Rocco is slowly making his way in to my team. The more I think about Capewell on the same side the more I reckon that'll open more space for him. Looked good in the Dolphins trial. Not loving having Burbo and Strange stinking up my team either, think I can cope with just one of them
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:03 pm

I've just made the most disgustingly delicious Mid-range team, based on the assumption that Salmon doesn't start, and don't hate it. Strong focus on players with later byes. Lolo to Salmon if he's starting, 19k ITB (problem)

Robson
    Tatola Cotter Silly
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hutch
    Penis Kris
    Ted(v)esco Pappy Rapana

Lussick Smithies Lukie Lolo
    Mikaele Hughes Burbo Strange/Weekes.
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:05 pm

If i got Blore i'd probably have to go without Grant. With Papy there i don't like having so many Storm for round 4. Damn these byes.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:08 pm

kamikamicameleons wrote:Rocco is slowly making his way in to my team. The more I think about Capewell on the same side the more I reckon that'll open more space for him. Looked good in the Dolphins trial. Not loving having Burbo and Strange stinking up my team either, think I can cope with just one of them

I'd certainly take Berry over Suli. As you said, has a bit of upside on that edge with SJ and Capewell in a good team and sticks around until R13. Has a couple points of value on his >70 min center 2023 games too. A nice pick to sure things up in a troubling position if you're not prepared to gun it up. I went with Kris instead due to more obvious value, and weighing up whether to just run Strange + Burbo in R1, or have some security in Penis. I don't think having two mid-range centres is great.

Last edited by ytsb on Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:11 pm

Don't know if it changes anything for Curran, Salmon, Hughes. But the Dogs have signed Zane Tetavano for the year.
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:16 pm

So much harder to make a team on Fantasy. Removing Grant i got Lussick as main hooker and someone like Levi as back up hooker. Yuck. Delete team and start again!

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:57 am