NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

King Assassin
    King Assassin

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by King Assassin Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:16 pm

ytsb wrote:

I'd certainly take Berry over Suli. As you said, has a bit of upside on that edge with SJ and Capewell in a good team and sticks around until R13. Has a couple points of value on his >70 min center 2023 games too. A nice pick to sure things up in a troubling position if you're not prepared to gun it up. I went with Kris instead due to more obvious value, and weighing up whether to just run Strange + Burbo in R1, or have some security in Penis. I don't think having two mid-range centres is great.

Don't see the value tbh in 80 minute games at centre has a career avg of 29.9. Even if you just look at last year that avg is 31.5. Priced at 29. I don/t see how a Capewell inside him gets him 8-10 more points.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by WT Winfield Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:18 pm

ytsb wrote:I've just made the most disgustingly delicious Mid-range team, based on the assumption that Salmon doesn't start, and don't hate it. Strong focus on players with later byes. Lolo to Salmon if he's starting, 19k ITB (problem)

Robson
    Tatola Cotter Silly
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hutch
    Penis Kris
    Ted(v)esco Pappy Rapana

Lussick Smithies Lukie Lolo
    Mikaele Hughes Burbo Strange/Weekes.

Yeah I punted Foggy to see if I could upgrade Salmon and get every filthy midranger.. doable Very Happy

CTRs and HKs our main difference.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:22 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah I punted Foggy to see if I could upgrade Salmon and get every filthy midranger.. doable Very Happy

CTRs and HKs our main difference.

It's so disgusting but actually filled with fun players. Penis is excess to needs if Strange is starting 6 and allows even more tomfoolery. Doubt I run with it because 5 middies are obviously going to be stinking it up.

RE: Foggy, i've come to terms with Cleary, Hutch, Strange/Weekes being decent enough halves cover.
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:30 pm

I see a lot of teams without Hynes. I am captaining him in Round 2, 3 and 4 for double points against the Bulldogs, Tigers and Raiders. That will more than make up for the Round 5 bye. For round 1 i am Captaining Haas for his million tackles on the slimmer fields in yank land.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:33 pm

ytsb wrote:

It's so disgusting but actually filled with fun players. Penis is excess to needs if Strange is starting 6 and allows even more tomfoolery. Doubt I run with it because 5 middies are obviously going to be stinking it up.

RE: Foggy, i've come to terms with Cleary, Hutch, Strange/Weekes being decent enough halves cover.

Yeah I wouldn't mind trying it out. Having patience or seeing the early warning signs to punt could be tough, but have seen pricks with midranger forwards outscoring me and building squad value too fast for me to catch them.

I'll be open to ditching the Fog too. See him as ~3 points of value, more just a solid option to avoid Hutch being a disaster, but having to play Flanno can't be much worse than IKat like I was doing for a time last year.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:40 pm

Eaglestar wrote:I see a lot of teams without Hynes. I am captaining him in Round 2, 3 and 4 for double points against the Bulldogs, Tigers and Raiders. That will more than make up for the Round 5 bye. For round 1 i am Captaining Haas for his million tackles on the slimmer fields in yank land.

Hynes averages about 10 points lower with Trindall and hence is vastly over priced. That is what is turning him off for me
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:40 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't mind trying it out. Having patience or seeing the early warning signs to punt could be tough, but have seen pricks with midranger forwards outscoring me and building squad value too fast for me to catch them.

I'll be open to ditching the Fog too. See him as ~3 points of value, more just a solid option to avoid Hutch being a disaster, but having to play Flanno can't be much worse than IKat like I was doing for a time last year.

This is the thing. The more successful value calls you make, the better your weekly scores will be on top of making you money. The only reasons to have guns to start at all are to not leave money (and hence points) itb, to save later trades and to have a strong captain.
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:42 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Hynes averages about 10 points lower with Trindall and hence is vastly over priced. That is what is turning him off for me

We shall see by end of round 4 Wink
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:46 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Hasn't this been somewhat disproven? More like 5 points less with Trindall because that calculation of 10 was made with Trindall interchange/replacement games?

Certainly last year the difference was only 4 points lower with Trindall.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:56 pm

Obbeats wrote:

Hasn't this been somewhat disproven? More like 5 points less with Trindall because that calculation of 10 was made with Trindall interchange/replacement games?

Certainly last year the difference was only 4 points lower with Trindall.

Pretty sure 4-5 is the correct answer. The 10 point thing was where someone threw up that he was 10 points better with Trindall but that included all his Melb interchange games and so on and so forth
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:57 pm

Id roll the dice on Hynes but a quad issue and having to lock C and VC before TLT-2? No fuckin way
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:00 pm

my tv broke wrote:Id roll the dice on Hynes but a quad issue and having to lock C and VC before TLT-2? No fuckin way

I'm sure he'll be fine for round 1. Just precautionary. Haas locked as captain straight up anyway. So if he not up for round 1 do have option to take him out.

VC will be any Vegas player

Last edited by Eaglestar on Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:00 pm

Seen a a few POD posts and thought I'd chuck these guys into the ring for discussion. Looking to play it very straight bat this year so not sure I'll actually take any of them but interested to hear thoughts!

Tino. He's been adding 5 to his average last couple seasons, is the forward leader now and has a huge ceiling. Does like a suspension though. I think he ends the year as the highest averaging MID. Early bye annoying though.

Boyd , can see him averaging over 50 under Des and HK/HLF is fantastic. Solid 30 point base. Average bought down last year by a couple of stinkers that I don't think he has this season with more experience under his belt.

Max King, think he'll need to play bigger minutes this year with how small the dogs pack is. 52 average in 60+ min games, looked good in the trial.

Wayde Egan. Started with him last year, did a job despite having to deathride head knocks. Think he could light it up in a warriors team with belief. Looked really sharp in the second trial.

Ilias. Added 7 to his average last year, mostly in base (+5 tackles, -.5MT (despite making more), +50km) great job security
    and I think he continues to improve. Think I'd rather pay an extra 50k for him over Metcalf. Downside is I think Bunnies are worse this year and he'll miss having Graham outside him.

Cory Jensen. .9ppm almost all base, averaged 45 mins last year starting prop, priced at 34. A bump to 50 mins with Flegler gone gives expected 45.

Sorry for formatting, typing this on phone while providing moral support to a bub trying to get themselves off to sleep.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:04 pm

After seeing this post I have included both Murray & Cookie.
    Murray for his looks and Cookie for his added skill of beach volleyball (on top of his 'beach sprinter' skill).
    Cant go wrong with this.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:05 pm

Flegler only averaged 43 mins last year. Dont think Jensen is getting more than that.

I like tino boyd king. Titans bye is a fucker.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:11 pm

my tv broke wrote:Flegler only averaged 43 mins last year. Dont think Jensen is getting more than that.

I like tino boyd  king. Titans bye is a fucker.

Yeah Boyd's hk dual would come in handy but that rd 2 bye is a pain
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:13 pm

Thanks for these thoughts, good to have a think about. My thoughts in bold.

the_great_wobbler wrote:Seen a a few POD posts and thought I'd chuck these guys into the ring for discussion. Looking to play it very straight bat this year so not sure I'll actually take any of them but interested to hear thoughts!

Tino. He's been adding 5 to his average last couple seasons, is the forward leader now and has a huge ceiling. Does like a suspension though. I think he ends the year as the highest averaging MID. Early bye annoying though.
    Tino finished so hot last year, it's kind of like buying him at his peak. He dropped at one point to 670k last year, because he does have the odd run of bad scores. Reckon you can definitely wait for the dip and pick him up (potentially right after origin for the back end again). Seems like the Tedesco of the forwards.

Boyd , can see him averaging over 50 under Des and HK/HLF is fantastic. Solid 30 point base. Average bought down last year by a couple of stinkers that I don't think he has this season with more experience under his belt.
    I love Tanah Boyd and think he has a bright future. Reckon you're right and that he drops a few errors from his game (kicking out on the full etc) and under Des a more experienced coach, could do a lot for him. Might be talking myself into him, especially with the outrageously good HLF/HOK dual. Devastated I didn't get him in draft.

Max King, think he'll need to play bigger minutes this year with how small the dogs pack is. 52 average in 60+ min games, looked good in the trial.
    Decent 4-6 points of value for sure, probably not enough though. Wont be an out-and-out keeper, and other MIDs provide more money making.

Wayde Egan. Started with him last year, did a job despite having to deathride head knocks. Think he could light it up in a warriors team with belief. Looked really sharp in the second trial.
    Again, another guy with 4-6 points of value, but won't be a season keeper. Might be worth considering if you don't rate Robson/Api/Mahoney to be enough value. Injury risk a concern, but a fun watch otherwise.

Ilias.  Added 7 to his average last year, mostly in base (+5 tackles, -.5MT (despite making more), +50km)  great job security
    and I think he continues to improve. Think I'd rather pay an extra 50k for him over Metcalf. Downside is I think Bunnies are worse this year and he'll miss having Graham outside him.
    One I don't actually rate. Just feel like he's got no spark. Young fella of course, but I'd like to see 4-5 rounds from him before I jump on.

Cory Jensen. .9ppm almost all base, averaged 45 mins last year starting prop, priced at 34. A bump to 50 mins with Flegler gone gives  expected 45.
    5-8 points of value, could be a solid pickup. Will be pretty boring, but a decent slow burn. Good for those who are Tatola unbelievers.

Sorry for formatting, typing this on phone while providing moral support to a bub trying to get themselves off to sleep.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:16 pm

Think I'll just grab Penis because I've never grabbed him before. At least for no respectable stretch of time.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:16 pm

and fucks sake, why is Lolo in my team
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:20 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Think I'll just grab Penis because I've never grabbed him before. At least for no respectable stretch of time.

Haha what a name. The Penis jokes never get old.
    I always find myself typing Penis to look him up in search.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:08 am