NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 42 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:00 pm

ytsb wrote:Currently running with the sub-gun non-pods. It's likely to blow up in my face but I believe I've talked myself out of a gun mid to start off.

Cheese
    Cotter Tatola Silly
    Wong Piakura
    Clearly Fog
    Kris Strange
    Teddy Pappy Rapana

Lussick Smithies Luki Lolo/Curran

Hutch Burbo Mikaele/Salmon Hughes

If Weekes selected, Teddy to Kiraz (CTR), Strange to Weekes (WFB)

Curran/Salmon selected is covered.

I like it. You're in good company with Matt and I.

I feel like Cotter Cheese Silly reads better, but understand it's not the most ideal setup.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 42 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by the_great_wobbler Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:00 pm

Loomer wrote:

Bradley supposedly not getting named and you have no CTR cover. That would terrify me

When you are running two shitters at centre I don't think you really need cover, you're just accepting that you aren't likely to score well there and hope rest of team makes up for it. Last year a bunch of people took Tommy Talau as centre cover. In hindsight would have been better just to use a trade. I think this is more viable now with the extra trades each year too.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:05 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I like it. You're in good company with Matt and I.

I feel like Cotter Cheese Silly reads better, but understand it's not the most ideal setup.

Silly Cottage Cheese?
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:06 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Fucking sold mate - if you live in SEQ lets make it happen at some point this season.

If we’re ok to have some bants count me in. Otherwise you can both get fucked.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:13 pm

mattnz wrote:Some of my worst Airlines experiences have actually been through USA on their local carriers. I have travelled USA extensively with my wife and I would say that at least half the time (no exaggeration), even though my wife and I booked our tickets at the same time on the same booking, we were seated separately a long distance from each other.

Just really weird. Have never experienced it anywhere else.

Sounds like your wife has some good contacts in the American airline industry Lol
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:13 pm

It amazes me that we can turn something as glorious as air travel into something so hideous.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:18 pm

AL wrote:

Sounds like your wife has some good contacts in the American airline industry Lol

Nice one Smile
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:21 pm

Lemmy KGB wrote:It amazes me that we can turn something as glorious as air travel into something so hideous.

Absolutely this. Try telling my grandfather as a child that one day he could fly at unthinkable speeds across oceans in hours, while watching a dazzling selection of moving pictures of extraordinary scenes created by some sort of sorcery, and also talking to someone on the other side of the world through invisible waves that are bounced into space. Then tell him the legroom is a bit tight.

That said, all US carriers in my experience are trash. Singapore is the best by a distance, food, service etc top notch even in economy.

Most fun and noisy flight I've had was an Air India on the New York/London/Mumbai route. Everyone bringing their own food and sharing it round, with Bollywood on the drop-down movie screen (I'm old).
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:24 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Absolutely this. Try telling my grandfather as a child that one day he could fly at unthinkable speeds across oceans in hours, while watching a dazzling selection of moving pictures of extraordinary scenes created by some sort of sorcery, and also talking to someone on the other side of the world through invisible waves that are bounced into space. Then tell him the legroom is a bit tight.

That said, all US carriers in my experience are trash. Singapore is the best by a distance, food, service etc top notch even in economy.

Most fun and noisy flight I've had was an Air India on the New York/London/Mumbai route. Everyone bringing their own food and sharing it round, with Bollywood on the drop-down movie screen (I'm old).

Air India is actually GOAT. Flew with them to London in 2017 and only cost us $1.4k return. Kicker was 8.5 hours stopover but as uni students we just wanted it cheap. When we got to Delhi they put us in the Holiday Inn for free so we ended up sleeping for 6 hours anyway. 10/10 would recommend.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:26 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

I'm looking forward to flying cars becoming a mainstream form of travel - maybe in the next 20 years? Was just a thought in the Jetsons tv show when I was a kid.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:29 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Capitalism babyyyy

I am some freak of nature that has never had a really bad flying experience across probably 100s of flights in my lifetime. Bizarre really.

(Altho being 173cm i dont have the legroom issue)

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:29 pm

I used to have to fly around once a week (both domestic and international) for work so I’m pretty jaded…..magic of air travel? One of the fiery rings of hell…
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:31 pm

Aardvark wrote:I used to have to fly around  once a week (both domestic and international) for work so I’m pretty jaded…..magic of air travel? One of the fiery rings of hell…

I dont even want to go to an office regularly, let alone fly
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:32 pm

This sort of discussion would never happen on a full TLT1 week.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:35 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

I bet your grandfather wouldn't believe it if you said team lists would be split in two, and the latter team list was released after two games were played in Las Vegas either! We live in troubled times.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:38 pm

Yeah, sorry for the derailment, or rather.. deviation of assigned altitude, but it was better than cleaning.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:39 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    Anyone not like vegas? Ive been twice and it was a good time but it felt so...sterile and commerialised (obviously). Not sure id be that interested in going back. I did spend all my time on the mains strip which i admit is a bit of a rookie error

I went 20 years ago. It was OK, but wife and I aren't big clubbers and we totally didn't make the most of the trip.

Best thing we did there was a day trip to the Grand Csnyon
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:41 pm

Also had to go to Vegas every second year for a trade show…..it was a bearable time but didn’t inspire me to return for leisure

On a brighter note I haven’t been to the office for a month and my passport has expired

What no Cook??????
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:51 pm

It's not that long ago that to see team lists you had to buy Big League Magazine on a Wednesday . None of this fancy internet .

That's why TLT is on a Tuesday . It was to meet publishing deadlines , and when publishing became irrelevant they still kept the Tuesday for team naming
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:55 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    It's not that long ago that to see team lists you had to buy Big League Magazine on a Wednesday . None of this fancy internet .

That's why TLT is on a Tuesday . It was to meet publishing deadlines , and when publishing became irrelevant they still kept the Tuesday for team naming

And you got the poster in the middle. If it was a team shot or player from your team you had to get it and put it on the wall. Otherwise you could pick one up off the ground at Henson park after you'd jumped the fence at fulltime in an attepmt to get the corner post then ran to halfway to slap these giants on the back as they walked off.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:34 am