NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 7 - Vegas, Baby

GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 7 - Vegas, Baby - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 7 - Vegas, Baby

Post by GreenSchist Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:06 am

13CokeHeads wrote:Saab went down, who is next in line? Does garrick move out and Parker or talau come in? Don't see value. Vaega maybe?

Would have to think it’s Talau season.

I’m ready to be hurt again.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 7 - Vegas, Baby - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 7 - Vegas, Baby

Post by GreenSchist Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:09 am

47 points for BS9 is great but are people concerned about the minutes and role? Only 51 minutes, even with all the injury and forward rotation issues the Roosters had.

I’m happy enough with mid to high 40’s but with those low minutes, that could easily become high 30’s/low 40’s.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:13 am

wolfking wrote:

Nah, he's a dud, early days but he can piss off next week.

Might try and leave some money spare come Tuesday to upgrade him.  

Wong looks the goods.  Will be an 80 minute edge soon enough.

Disagree brother. Wong went off early for a stint and was looking gassed too. Sitili was all good and I think it sounds like he had an injury otherwise (yes its heresay) but he likely could've been 80 and been fine for his BE.
    Looked involved on attack, will definitely score a few.

Take your potion and hold on Smile
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:15 am

GreenSchist wrote:47 points for BS9 is great but are people concerned about the minutes and role? Only 51 minutes, even with all the injury and forward rotation issues the Roosters had.

I’m happy enough with mid to high 40’s but with those low minutes, that could easily become high 30’s/low 40’s.

Big time as he looked very involved for that 47.

Shame he didn't get the 40/20 pts too.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:29 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:

Big time as he looked very involved for that 47.

Shame he didn't get the 40/20 pts too.

Yea that was annoying. Arthar's only makes a play at the ball because it was gonna be a successful 40/20.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:23 am

This is the Crichton article without the paywall
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/350199389/they-strapped-me-stretcher-and-tasered-me-nrl-stars-mental-health-battle
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:27 am

mattnz wrote:This is the Crichton article without the paywall
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/350199389/they-strapped-me-stretcher-and-tasered-me-nrl-stars-mental-health-battle

Thanks mate
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:36 am

My thoughts on the fantasy relevant options

Burbo - Looked good for the first ~10 minutes. About 13 minutes in had one of the worst hit ups I've ever seen in first grade where he took 4 steps forward then immediately went sideways and looked scared of contact. Didn't repeat it again for the rest of the game. Still don't think he will get anywhere near his brothers but that is by far the best game I've seen him play

Turbo - Terrifying as a non owner. Will have the occasional game where he doesn't get to have his way with the defense when he plays a non bottom 1 team but I think this is a priority in. Will look at as my first upgrade.

DCE - Forgot how scary it is not owning him when Manly are flying. Brooks gives another point of attack to draw defenses which free DCE up a little more. Will be a final 17 keeper yet again

Nathan Brown - Surprised to not see him mentioned at all. If he keeps that role he will be very fantasy relevant in games where there aren't 60 points scores. Career average of 44 in games between 50 and 60 minutes priced at 28. Will have another look next week

Koula and Garrick - Pairing these two together because centres. Going to have up and down scores but both look 40 average guys. Garrick higher floor with goal kicking but price likely to get away in the interim.

Latrell - Has these games where he is in everything before touching the ball twice next week for 8 points. Wait for a low point then jump on the roller coaster

Murray - I think the move to 2nd row rather than just getting a spell on the bench is worse for his fantasy game. Doesn't get to completely rest and barely scores points out wide. If you've got him hold him and assess at first bye. Won't go close to matching Haas

Cook - Looked reinvigorated early and still managed 42 tackles in a game with 60 points. Looks every bit a keeper and top 2 hooker

Tatola - Minutes are there just needed a few things to go his way. 6 point swing on the offload turned error. Just hope he can make his money before the bye

Manu - Again doing centre things happened to hit a ceiling score this week

May - Got significantly increased minutes with 2 injuries. Will be priced at ~40 after this week and I project him around 45 long term

Teddy - Looks back to his best. Hope for a low score in the next few then jump on board

BSmith - Where was this 12 months ago? Looks very good as a non owner in mostly base. In a more competitive game he probably comes back for a second stint in the last 10 or so. Will be interesting to see how Watson impacts the interchange. Good buy if you started with him but I wouldn't be rushing him in as a non owner

Wong - Looks to have improved over the offseason(shocking that young players do this!). Will be the main second rower by mid season. Gets another 12 minutes if no injury and probably scores in the 50s. Radley scored a late try playing in his spot

Leniu - Lacked punch in his runs and didn't suit the starters role. Back to the bench please Robbo

Tupouinua - Hard to tell how the rotation plays out but certainly wouldn't have been subbed 3 minutes after half time if fit. Historically been a 30s and 70s guys in second row and that doesn't have looked to change

Haas - Still by far the best MID in fantasy. Went close to going over a few times on top of his usual work rate. Maybe got a few extra minutes with Carrigan moving to edge but seemed to be pacing himself for longer stints. If you didn't start him it was probably for a reason

Walsh - Once again looks electric but I think he is slightly behind the Teddy/Turbo/Latrell/Ponga tier

Carrigan - Playing most of the game on the edge tanked his scores. Pretty decent bye schedule for an origin player so might be able to grab as a long term 17th/18th man if you can juggle origin players well

Arthars - The greatest player to ever lace a boot. Actually looked very good on a side that will score plenty of points. Tempered expectations I don't think he loses cash from starting point

Mam - Scored 18 tries last year and averaged 30. Remember this when he hits mid 300s in a few weeks and looks a decent cash down

Piakura - Unfortunate timing will stall his cash gen. I wouldn't jump off unless his role changes. B/E around 45 next week would make round 3 a nice pick up point at around 360k for any that didn't start with him
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:02 am

TLDR

Get Arthars
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:09 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    I don’t think anyone should be making light of this. Everyone’s experience with racism is different, Regardless of the content there is absolutely no place for it in the 21st Century. Whether they like it or not these players are role models and kids do pay attention! I have absolutely no idea what you have been called but absolutely none of it is acceptable. Please consider others before you comment in future.

They're both coloured. It wasn't racism. I think he was having a go at his haircut and looks and nothing to do with race, but everyone wants to pipe up these days and make a drama out of nothing. Don't lecture me.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:13 am

Rabbit wrote:

They're both coloured. It wasn't racism. I think he was having a go at his haircut and looks and nothing to do with race, but everyone wants to pipe up these days and make a drama out of nothing. Don't lecture me.

If it was a white guy saying it they would say it is racism, can't have it both ways depending on the colour of someone's skin, that is racism.
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:19 am

Rabbit wrote:

"Coloured"?? We're living in the 1950s are we
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:28 am

kamikamicameleons wrote:

"Coloured"?? We're living in the 1950s are we

I repeat "I think he was having a go at his haircut and looks and nothing to do with race".

That's my opinion. Now we'll leave it to judiciary. That's all I'm going to say on the matter, but I'm sure ill get blasted by the virtue signalers here regardless.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:29 am

Rabbit wrote:

I repeat "I think he was having a go at his haircut and looks and nothing to do with race".

That's my opinion. Now we'll leave it to judiciary. That's all I'm going to say on the matter, but I'm sure ill get blasted by the virtue signalers here regardless.

I think this is an rather odd stance to take on it, in my opinion.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:32 am

A few years ago, Steven Adams was fined in the NBA for racist comments. He referred to the opposition guards as 'Quick Little Monkeys', due to the fact they were so small and quick and he was a lumbering giant. It was perceived as a racist comment, as the opposing guards were African American.

Adams didn't intend it as a racist comment but that's how it was perceived (and that's probably all that matters). He apologised, copped the fine and everyone moved on.
    Rotinaj
    Rotinaj

Post by Rotinaj Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:35 am

Not that I think it's worth discussing on an anonymous fantasy forum, but the suggestion that two non white races can't be racist towards each other is laughably moronic.
    CorruptSquid
    CorruptSquid

Post by CorruptSquid Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:41 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:My thoughts on the fantasy relevant options

Wong - Looks to have improved over the offseason(shocking that young players do this!). Will be the main second rower by mid season. Gets another 12 minutes if no injury and probably scores in the 50s. Radley scored a late try playing in his spot

Haas - Still by far the best MID in fantasy. Went close to going over a few times on top of his usual work rate. Maybe got a few extra minutes with Carrigan moving to edge but seemed to be pacing himself for longer stints. If you didn't start him it was probably for a reason

Wong "gets another 12 minutes if no injury". It seemed that the only reason Wong was on the field to begin with was the injury to Sitili. We may not have seen Wong in the second half at all if it wasn't for this.

Haas definitely backed off the pace when Piakura went off early to sustain. Hard to see a world where this wasn't just a once off game.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:47 am

I call my wife a monkey, if we buy a bunch of bananas, they are all gone the same day and I don't get any.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:56 am

mattnz wrote:I call my wife a monkey, if we buy a bunch of bananas, they are all gone the same day and I don't get any.

Me too, the bananonymous meetings are a real hoot though
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:59 am

CorruptSquid wrote:

Wong "gets another 12 minutes if no injury". It seemed that the only reason Wong was on the field to begin with was the injury to Sitili. We may not have seen Wong in the second half at all if it wasn't for this.

Haas definitely backed off the pace when Piakura went off early to sustain. Hard to see a world where this wasn't just a once off game.

Yes I'm sure Wong as the starting edge would have had a single 25 minute stint and never came back

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:05 pm