NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by GreenMachine Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:08 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Good to see you still hanging around GM

Haven’t been around long but nice to be back guessing the wrong round 1 players!

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:15 am

GM back in da house...great to see you bro
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:18 am

White Lightning wrote:GM back in da house...great to see you bro

WL you legend. Hope you crushed it last year.

I spent over a year in startup hell back to having some fun NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 7 1f60e
    Brookzy

Post by Brookzy Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:25 am

Middle selection for 1 round only - head to head matchup against my friend

-Welch
    -Ruldoph
    -Jsaif
    -Elliot
    -Paseka
    -Duncan

Which 3 are you picking ?
    Thanks guys
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:43 am

Boozecluez wrote:Going to have to sacrifice a fullback to the gods this week

Need to bulk out my mid, took the piss with a few too many fullbacks and last minute squeezed in hynes and it bit me in the ass.
    Cheapies going low and the guns not firing and the tunnel looks bleak.
    Anyways I enjoy a challenge from 73k overall and for the first time this year actually excited about fantasy again.

While I don't have huge faith in Paps/Rapana I need Pongas cash to combine with Cotric to be able to do anything with it beyond trading sideways

Could run it back with no trades but another red dot or 2 and it would be last drinks without Duncan
    So going to take the lazy mid approace and get a couple this week.
    2 scorers for the price of one

Out - Ponga+Cotric
    In -   Smithies+Duncan and 55k bank

While I am in no way the Fantasy god you are Booze, my humble opinion would have been that dropping Ponga (of all the "gun FBs) at this point in the season is the best call. Max cash free-up, looking at a couple of sub 50s games as the Knights iron out the bugs.

I was forced into 2 trades (Lenny + SOS), so have picked up T.May8 + Duncan.
    Probably gonna bite me on the ass, but what the hey, this is meant to be fun.
    Wildbux
    Wildbux

Post by Wildbux Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:46 am

Would you trade Sitili or Hutch to afford Taylan May? Depth in my centres/wfb is no good in my team with Cotric not named and Melbourne bye coming up, so looking for a season keeper in this position. Would promote Flanno into starting half (good match up this week vs Dolphins).

TU: Sitili
    TD: Hutch

Churr
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:50 am

Ando wrote:

I told you what moves in PM mate, Fog!

Yes guys that's right, it's time for me to announce I signed a lucrative deal to join the Rabbit's 8 in the off season, rumour has it I took @ytsb spot. Sorry mate I didn't want you to find out this way.

Forum nemesis: unlocked ✅

@Ando I have been through thick and thin with Rabbits, ive watched him soar, I’ve watched him whore, and I’ve watched him roar (at the refs). We are the unlikeliest of allies, me a Rorter, and him a filthy little invasive species.

I will get my revenge, Ando, Mark my Zuckerberg. May all your cashies flounder like Gerrard Sutton after he penalises the South’s unfairly, and your guns lose their barrels. Rabbits will take me back.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:52 am

Anyone playing fantasy AFL? The UI is bloody horrendous, enough to make me say too hard.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:54 am

Wildbux wrote:Would you trade Sitili or Hutch to afford Taylan May? Depth in my centres is no good in my team with Cotric not named and Melbourne bye coming up, so looking for a season keeper in this position. Would promote Flanno into starting half (good match up this week vs Dolphins).

TU: Sitili
    TD: Hutch

Churr

Neither?

You're switching out two cash generators that are playable in your 17, for another cashie who might only average 45 pts.
    The forward rotation at the Roosters is still a huge unknown and while May has the talent to demand more minutes, it's not guaranteed. Even with Leniu out for 8 weeks.

Sitili could easily go 50+ points this week, if given the chance. His BE is only 34, even with last weeks flop. He should be able to get 34 points as his floor.

If you really feel as though you have to have May and there's no one else that screams trade, then go Sitili. Simply cause Hutch has done nothing wrong or unexpected and Sitili's role is the bigger unknown.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:01 am

Vaguely interested in Pezet, but doubt I'll go there.

Pro - good player in a good side, 450s
    Con - bye, 450s, probably needs luck to make real cash.

Yeah, pass.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:03 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

The worst part of this is that his NSW cup highlights are only 1 minute long

The highlights video doesnt tell the full story. Ive just finished re-watching every game Talau played in nsw cup in 2019. He is my number 1 trade in. Many will miss him

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:04 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

My tip is let the anger and tension out don’t hold it in…. I did a short audio on the In the Bin podcast and it was on tonight’s pod 14mins in you should go give it a listen mate.

Listened to this on the way to work this morning.

Loved the rant, fucking amen brother that shit was hilarious!
    Wildbux
    Wildbux

Post by Wildbux Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:05 am

GreenSchist wrote:

Neither?

You're switching out two cash generators that are playable in your 17, for another cashie who might only average 45 pts.
    The forward rotation at the Roosters is still a huge unknown and while May has the talent to demand more minutes, it's not guaranteed. Even with Leniu out for 8 weeks.

Sitili could easily go 50+ points this week, if given the chance. His BE is only 34, even with last weeks flop. He should be able to get 34 points as his floor.

If you really feel as though you have to have May and there's no one else that screams trade, then go Sitili. Simply cause Hutch has done nothing wrong or unexpected and Sitili's role is the bigger unknown.

Thanks for the advice mate, appreciate it!

PS I'm referring to Panthers CTR May, not Roosters MID May
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:20 am

Mulvy wrote:

Nice Chewie. Wasn't pages 39-50 mostly Matt praising himself and bagging out others? Has NZ gone to sleep now? Is it safe to say, no one missed Seyfarth. We are all perfectly aware of Seyfarth. We didn't pick Seyfarth because he wasn't playing in rd 1. Seyfarth might not even start in rd2 for all we know. If Seyfarth does indeed start, he might get shit minutes. If Seyfarth does get good minutes he might still score shit, because well, he's not Haas.

If Seyfarth starts, and gets the minutes, and scores well, we all pick him up for not that much more next week. Well done, genius play.
    I'm trying to keep it concise so can't fit everything in. Last thread was pretty packed with the end of round, lock-out lifting, and TLT
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:31 am

Wildbux wrote:

Ahh shit, my bad!!
    I guess some of it remains, in the sense that neither are necessary tradeouts.
    What is the current state of your CTR's and do you like FUN? TM4 could be very fun but its a lot of money on a position that already has a lot of proven guns at a similar price.
    Personally, I would hold and wait a week to see what happens with Hutch and Sitili.

Edit: Disregard me entirely, I should have just read your original post properly. Time to go focus on work.

Last edited by GreenSchist on Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:34 am; edited 2 times in total
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:32 am

Wildbux wrote:

You mean Whirlwind?
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:32 am

In a similar position to LB with 21 green dots and hoping to hold. Moses is giving me a bit of grief though. If we find it that he's not kicking he becomes Fog. Problem is I think Moses will be a trade in target for people in a couple of weeks, which makes me want to hold.
    Wildbux
    Wildbux

Post by Wildbux Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:36 am

GreenSchist wrote:

Ahh shit, my bad!!
    I guess some of it remains, in the sense that neither are necessary tradeouts.
    What is the current state of your CTR's and do you like FUN? TM4 could be very fun but its a lot of money on a position that already has a lot of proven guns at a similar price.
    Personally, I would hold and wait a week to see what happens with Hutch and Sitili.

All good bro!

Context in this situation will help better I think. See my team below:

Grant
    Haas Murray Smithies
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hutch
    Strange Turbo
    Pap Walsh Rapana
    Sitili Salmon Chan Kini
    Levi Flanno Hughes Cotric

$240k ITB.

Looking for any suggestions - the obvious trade out being Cotric.

Last edited by Wildbux on Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:37 am

Anyone want to check out my team tracker and help with my trades.  NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 7 1f602  NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 7 1f602  NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 7 1f602
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:37 am

Pretty interesting week of options thrown up by TLT, these are the players of most interest to me I suppose.

KPP - Lucas missing because of concussion, if KPP keeps that starting spot he's a good buy. Can wait a week

Galvin - Cheap AF, nothing wrong with grabbing him now or just giving it a week to see what happens.

Seyfarth - Doesn't strike me as a priority buy. Average footballer. Another one you can wait on and see how many minutes he plays and whether he actually gets selected come week 3.

Duncan - I am more tempted by this fella because it looks like he can play football. If he gets 50 ish minutes he should go well. Again no harm in waiting a week.

Terrell - I just like him but who knows what happens with the Roosters minutes. I think he's good enough to be worth grabbing.

Then there's guys like RFM/McIntyre/etc who had a big week 1, but probably settle back down in week 2.

Kini is my only obvious trade. Guys like Sitili/Piakura/Wongy can probably be given an extra week. Rapana can hang around. Still considering Hopgood out, which also feels a bit silly.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:53 pm