NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Reklaw
    Reklaw

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by Reklaw Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:32 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Via NRLPhysio:

For the Warriors:
    - Wayde Egan (elbow) is considered a week to week proposition - likely to return sometime in the next 1-3 weeks but will depend how he progresses with rehab
    - Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad is still 2-3 weeks away as he continues rehab for a hamstring/back issue

Wish I had went with Tua over Kini
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:33 pm

Didn't hear it from me but Hastings "personality issues" have followed him. The squad as a whole aren't a fan, when he speaks the boys check out which obviously isn't what you want from a playmaker.

I expected pre season that he'd get dropped at some stage and not too long after ask for a release. I thought it'd be further into the season than now but one to keep an eye on
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:35 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Tl;dr you see him as a season keeper so who cares if he makes or loses money?

You do still care about money movement as it's tied to value.

If he makes money it's not a benefit in terms of cashing out, but it does mean you have gained value for your coin (rather than say paying $700k for a 50 average player i.e. cut priced keeper)

If he loses a lot of money without mitigating circumstances (injury/HIA) then he might not be the keeper I hoped
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:35 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Broncos forum seems to think Haas is playing, and they're usually on the money with injuries if nothing else. Kevvie interview saying Haas went for knee scans but they didn't find anything much there. Don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.
    I’m glad they didn’t do a brain scan on some of these footballers as I’d almost guarantee they wouldn’t find anything!
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:36 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Didn't hear it from me but Hastings "personality issues" have followed him. The squad as a whole aren't a fan, when he speaks the boys check out which obviously isn't what you want from a playmaker.

I expected pre season that he'd get dropped at some stage and not too long after ask for a release. I thought it'd be further into the season than now but one to keep an eye on

bloody love your posts. my wife is a massive knights fan and always loves hearing a tidbit from you. i remember telling her your thoughts about old brandman before his debut
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:45 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Didn't hear it from me but Hastings "personality issues" have followed him. The squad as a whole aren't a fan, when he speaks the boys check out which obviously isn't what you want from a playmaker.

Makes sense.

Would be good for Ponga.

Back to england for the lad I guess.

Knights have gone from Grand Finals contenders to wooden spoon contenders with him back in the spine.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:45 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    People think May will be benched this week. It might happen or it might not

But Robinson doesn't strike me as the kind of person to start a guy just because its a milestone game if it will in any way hurt his chances of winning.
    The only game May started this year they lost.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:46 pm

Wonder if he gets another gig in the NRL, this is 4 clubs where he's had the same issues now
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:46 pm

Reklaw wrote:

bloody love your posts. my wife is a massive knights fan and always loves hearing a tidbit from you. i remember telling her your thoughts about old brandman before his debut

Poor woman. I try not to post things I shouldn't but I feel like the writing is probably on the wall with this one

Some good young guns coming through if we can hold onto them. Cody Hopwood, Jermaine Mcewen, Beau Slade, Wilson De Courcey, Connor Votano and more who I'd give a fair chance of making NRL

Did any of you see Wilson's hit online in their game against Manly a few weeks ago? Got a fair bit of air time. All time hit. Poor kid left in an ambulance

EDIT: Only video I could find. Doesn't quite do it justice but worth a watch https://www.tiktok.com/@nrlknights/video/7342406728190840072

Last edited by Ponga Yeo the Mann on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:46 pm

Spoiler:
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:49 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:From the daily tele

Brisbane coach Kevin Walters has declared superstar prop Payne Haas an almost certain starter in a boost for the Broncos ahead of Thursday night’s clash against the Panthers.
    There were fears Haas could join skipper Adam Reynolds (knee) on the sidelines after Brisbane’s chief enforcer failed to train on Sunday with a knee complaint that flared during Brisbane’s round 2 defeat of South Sydney.
    But Walters remains confident Haas will be on deck for the grand-final replay. The NSW Origin enforcer will be named in the starting side and will get the green light if he trains well at Brisbane’s captain’s run on Wednesday.
    “We will make a final decision on tomorrow but at this stage Payne is going to play,” Walters said.
    “It’s not a serious issue.
    “He ran by himself the other day with the rehab group, but as it stands Payne will be playing.
    “We’ll see how he pulls up after the captain’s run but unless there’s a major change Payne will be there.”

At this stage of the season you'd have to be completely nuts to risk your star forward for 2 points. If he plays, just wow. If so, the coach has lost it and I won't be the only one saying it..
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:56 pm

easytiger wrote:I'd almost put money on JWH starting in his 300th game and Terrell back to the bench.

Who could've imagined the buy of the week being a $574k bench middle?
    A fool and his money are soon parted! Why would anyone assume anything with Robbo, especially even considering betting on it! At the end of the day none of us have any idea what Robbo will do. Either trade him in or don’t, it as easy as that. Whether May starts or doesn’t start really doesn’t matter. He’s scoring the same as Haas at 300k less so just trade him in! It isn’t rocket surgery folks!
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:58 pm

I can keep a secret , its those I tell ya got to worry about.

I would have Cogger there anyway.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:08 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

Poor woman. I try not to post things I shouldn't but I feel like the writing is probably on the wall with this one

Some good young guns coming through if we can hold onto them. Cody Hopwood, Jermaine Mcewen, Beau Slade, Wilson De Courcey, Connor Votano and more who I'd give a fair chance of making NRL

Did any of you see Wilson's hit online in their game against Manly a few weeks ago? Got a fair bit of air time. All time hit. Poor kid left in an ambulance

EDIT: Only video I could find. Doesn't quite do it justice but worth a watch https://www.tiktok.com/@nrlknights/video/7342406728190840072

I'm all for a game as tough as possible, but that type of hit on a defenceless catcher is a bit ordinary really. You can take him out of play without try to kill him.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 pm

if jfh is out it's gotta be good for henry...they said jfh is a week to week issue if he misses the odd game would henry get more mins maybe starting but they do have eisenhuth who is a bigger body
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:14 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Easy to say for me as a Hosking owner already but would be very brave to bring him in now without seeing what happens on Whitehead's return.

As speculated by others on here I reckon Whitehead on the bench is a likely scenario and takes ~20mins from Hosking. 60mins of Hosking for $700k? And there is still a much worse case scenario possible where Hosking goes to the bench (yes despite the fact we can all see he is a gun player - it's Ricky).
    I can’t see a world where Whitehead starts ahead of Hosking immediately upon his return, but Horse starting over Smithies I certainly can. Ricky does Ricky things but surely not so dramatically change two players in a team that has started so well. Whitehead surely gets named on the bench so buying Hosking this week in Fantasy seems a bit brave. The question you have to ask is will he make another 100k with Whitehead on the bench? In SC or DT he is your first trade in as prices rise after this weekend and he’ll be making money for the next three weeks simply by taking the field. I know in my team a Hosking trade in is not in my top two must do’s this week.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:17 pm

Rabbit wrote:

I'm all for a game as tough as possible, but that type of hit on a defenceless catcher is a bit ordinary really. You can take him out of play without try to kill him.

the hit was fair he smashed him good nothing wrong with it...as for the severity of it i disagree with you bro league is about the smash & bash if you can take out the opposition legally that's the aim of the game.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:20 pm

White Lightning wrote:

the hit was fair he smashed him good nothing wrong with it...as for the severity of it i disagree with you bro league is about the smash & bash if you can take out the opposition legally that's the aim of the game.

Agreed although he did get one pretty wrong later in the game. Definitely pushes the limit.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:26 pm

Rabbit wrote:

White Lightning wrote:

Agree with both of you, which is somewhat confusing.

The solution is of course to do the old "Billy Slater". Catch every ball and put your legs up in the air in front of you.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:29 pm

Rabbit wrote:

There's a few of you on here that love to take pot shots, but cry like babies when I bite back. He called me a jerk. Unprovoked.

He included me in a rebuke at B/L that I had nothing to do with. I didn't 'aggressively abuse' Matt at any point. I had a humorous dig at him.

If you can find any abuse I directed at him, show it, and I'll apologise. Otherwise, why don't you just butt out and stick to fantasy?

That's what I do.

I agree people shouldn’t be calling you a jerk In this instance, feel free to bite back if you are being unfairly targeted. All I ask is keep the blatant racist stuff off this site. It was bought to your attention at the time and you bit back instead of apologising. I must be old as I have no idea what woke even means in this instance.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:35 am