NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Regulator
    Regulator

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 42 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by Regulator Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:01 pm

Weiland wrote:I love Fantasy but I just hate how similar all the teams are already after 2 rounds, including my own. This week most people are getting the same 1-2 players in. Even in my mates leagues, most are the team are basically the same apart from 2-3 players.

Has it got worse in the last few years? or is it just that I am better leagues now? it is easily my biggest issue with NRL Fantasy. I suppose I should give the draft leagues another crack.

The more people who take it "serious" and join groups like this, the discords, the YT channels etc, the more teams will become similar.

Most people don't play the game that seriously, and so you get more variation because it's just fans fucking around having fun picking players they like etc. But as with most games, you'll have a subgroup of sweats who find the meta and stick to it.

It can feel like people who take it as serious as people do on here is the norm, but it isn't. But finding your way to the meta think tank has never been easier. I'm sure many of us found this place years ago when their wasn't many places to look. But now again multiple big Facebook groups, discords, YouTubes, you don't need to look hard to find your way to the same answers everyone has.

There's still people though, like I have a workmate who just plays in a comp with his family. He loves it, but he sucks. In his family comp he goes alright, but they're completely different types of players just trying to have fun. I'll be like why the fuck don't you have Cleary "because he's a cunt", wtf do you have DWZ "up the Wahs" etc lol.

We had a mate join our long running comp a couple of years ago. He's a good mate but we were a little apprehensive because we've ran that comp a long time and everyone is strong, lots of really good finishes etc but we were like alright jump in. Check out his team expecting it'll be horrible and was instantly like wtf how did you figure this out "watched some videos".

But yes draft is the solution if you're wanting that type of experience.

Last edited by Regulator on Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    OB
    OB

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 42 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by OB Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:09 pm

King Assassin wrote:I think ive missed something... Body Slam and Whirlwind. Who tf are they  NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 42 1f602

Adding to Liverpool Bulldog's explanation. Bodyslam is Terrell and Whirlwind is Taylan.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 pm

Wong to Fine seems obvious but I feel like it's just resetting a trap.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:17 pm

Think I’ll wait a week on Fine… see how this cowboys rotation plays out with no Luki. Not really worried about Gosiewski. His form is very exposed at this point. Want to make sure they are going to be a winning side against a team like the dragons before punting a trade into another of their forwards. Hopefully good for cotter.

Nothing has changed for Galvin. He’s a trade (in)

I know he’s a PPM cash grab but I’m surprised people going equally hard on May. Roosters still to add Crichton, and Watson into their rotation. Butcher now in both Watson and Crichton capable in the middle not just Hooker or Edge respectively. Remains on minutes watch for me.

Lussick looks boring but a trade with Hands finally gone.

Hosking is an avoid for new suitors and potentially only two more weeks for those clever enough to start with him. Get his cash and flip him up to Hopgood
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:17 pm

Regulator wrote:

The more people who take it "serious" and join groups like this, the discords, the YT channels etc, the more teams will become similar.

Most people don't play the game that seriously, and so you get more variation because it's just fans fucking around having fun picking players they like etc. But as with most games, you'll have a subgroup of sweats who find the meta and stick to it.

It can feel like people who take it as serious as people do on here is the norm, but it isn't. But finding your way to the meta think tank has never been easier. I'm sure many of us found this place years ago when their wasn't many places to look. But now again multiple big Facebook groups, discords, YouTubes, you don't need to look hard to find your way to the same answers everyone has.

There's still people though, like I have a workmate who just plays in a comp with his family. He loves it, but he sucks. In his family comp he goes alright, but they're completely different types of players just trying to have fun. I'll be like why the fuck don't you have Cleary "because he's a cunt", wtf do you have DWZ "up the Wahs" etc lol.

But yes draft is the solution if you're wanting that type of experience.

Youre spot on re wealth of info out there now that is super easy to access. But maybe there is so much of it that it becomes confusing.

I do believe that the large majority of people dont know the long game. Im not talking about people on this forum.

There are guys here that are in and around the top 100 every year because they get the long term game.

If everyone has basically the same team after a couple of weeks, i shouldnt have been able to work my way from 8000th ish after 6 or so rounds, to 60th overall by round 27. But thats kind of why i enjoy it. That wasnt meant to be a brag but i guess it was.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:21 pm

Rocket surgery ??
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:21 pm

Apparently Granville has the long game sorted too
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:23 pm

Loomer wrote:

Ponga last chance for me almost
    C’mon Pong, punish all the non believers!

Last edited by The Pascoe Fiasco on Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:28 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Pokémon references. TMs give Pokémon their skills/moves such as Bodyslam and Whirlwind.

TM = Taylan and Terrell May so those are their names

Based on discussions here and folks naming players from 20-30 years ago, I'm not sure if they will even know who Pikachu is Beer
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:29 pm

So you have May already.

Who of these 2 are you targeting this round

👍lussick
    👎Cotter

**current hooker is 🧀
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:33 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Youre spot on re wealth of info out there now that is super easy to access. But maybe there is so much of it that it becomes confusing.

I do believe that the large majority of people dont know the long game. Im not talking about people on this forum.

There are guys here that are in and around the top 100 every year because they get the long term game.

If everyone has basically the same team after a couple of weeks, i shouldnt have been able to work my way from 8000th ish after 6 or so rounds, to 60th overall by round 27. But thats kind of why i enjoy it. That wasnt meant to be a brag but i guess it was.

I think the idea is who "everyone" consists of is much smaller than many think. Which your example reinforces really.

But also, what I think your point also reinforces, "everyone" may try to start at the same point, but then when shit inevitably blows up, people start charting their own path.

People who have the willpower to hold a big value player out for a couple of weeks vs those who don't etc starts to become more of a factor as the season goes on.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:35 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Been playing for 10+ years, I don't know the long game at all Very Happy
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:37 pm

Add another one to the run of the mill trades list.

Luki and Wong out for May and Galvin. Feels so very bland
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:38 pm

Revraiser wrote:

I'm a man.

jocolor

Sold!
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:38 pm

Updated Team Tracker*
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:39 pm

Luki/Wong out for Lussick/Teddy for me

Eyes on FineF role for next week
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:40 pm

THEGAME wrote:So you have May already.

Who of these 2 are you targeting this round

👍lussick
    👎Cotter

**current hooker is 🧀

I have May & Cotter already so defs looking into Lussick.

Means I’d be skipping Fine and playing Chan at EDG for a week but think it’s worth it.
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:48 pm

my tv broke wrote:

tell me bout this long game
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:53 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I wish Fantasy would turn those yellow dots green

Just easier to stuff around with your team with clear red/green dots
    And not having injury symbols next to guys who were just named to play( Rapana)

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 42 Coming-to-america-eddie-murphy

Absolutely. It's bloody annoying!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:53 pm

BCT05 wrote:

At first I thought this, but the problem is we have no idea what his role is going to look like from the bench.

If he only plays 20-25mins and scores 20 points he makes like $15-$20k, if that is the case I think I'd rather just ditch him to improve my scoring 17 this week, $700k is a lot to have sitting in EMG just to milk $20k from.

Edit - just looked at the Raiders bench, he should get more than 25mins lol. Still, not sure how much $$ is enough to make him worth holding - 30-35pts for $30k - $35k?

Yeah, I'm not a minute predictor, but I feel like Hosking still plays a decent amount of minutes to earn some good coin and with a lot of teams playing a Salmon, Hutch, Chan, Sitili, Kini etc (or is that just my shit team, lol), I feel like he'll probably still score as well as, if not better than most those plodders anyway.

To each their own. I do see the allure of going early for a gun this week, but I'd personally be holding. But I'm pretty shit at this, so that's probably a good indication to do the opposite. Wink

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:49 am