NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:23 am

Anyone keen to see how Cogger looks next couple of weeks? Could be a worth a sneaky look when he bottoms out just below 550k?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:26 am

Mulvy wrote:

Agree with all of that mate. Finefeuiaki is a risk, minutes unknown, might not even start. I'm picking him though, mostly just the vibe of the thing, looks likely, also not too worried about Gosi. Cowboys look decent so far, knocked off Dolphins and Knights. Granted, match ups don't mean shit, but I don't know why you need to see how they go against the Dragons?

Agree, Galvin a trade in. Have him already.

Agree about May. I think he's a trade in. But also agree that Robbo, Crichton, Watson, Robbo etc should give at least a little bit of pause. He looks the goods absolutely, and I'm scared, but I might not pick him, due to other reasons:

Lussick I can afford more easily, and looks a trade in with a four forward bench. He was probably a trade in already. Agreed, less exciting, but just as undervalued probably. Also depends on team make up. I only have one hooker. Unless you count Levi. I do not count Levi.

Also agree, well done to Hosking owners. I really really wanted to start with him, but thought this might happen. But you're laughing anyway, I should have just done it and damn the consequences. Decent chance he still starts anyway. But yeah take that sweet cash and run. Either now or next week is fine and non-season defining.
    Hey mate great analysis as always.

Who would you buy first out of Galvin and Fin? I can only get one this week.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:31 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

All he did was agree with everything old mate said.

Sounds like Galvin based on GM's analysis and Mulvy's agreement.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:33 am

Regulator wrote:

I think the idea is who "everyone" consists of is much smaller than many think. Which your example reinforces really.

But also, what I think your point also reinforces, "everyone" may try to start at the same point, but then when shit inevitably blows up, people start charting their own path.

People who have the willpower to hold a big value player out for a couple of weeks vs those who don't etc starts to become more of a factor as the season goes on.

Agreed. Trades through the year are way more important than starting team (gee it would be nice jag it once though). I suspect that that's why MTB has low-key started with the same team as another prominent poster on here. A case study, probably well known to those who play autofill, a great concept I unfortunately don't have the energy for, but another one of those games that I think makes one a better fantasy player overall.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:34 am

my tv broke wrote:This week, my sell list is long, and my buy list is long..

Potential buys:
    Galvin - almost certainly my number 1 trade in. Terrible team but passes the 1 week eye test with flying colours, and enables funds.
    Curran - i think he's good for pretty much 60 mins every week and probably starts soon.
    Lussick - probably an 80 min player and if so, a solid scorer. a bit of a dull pick though.
    Finefeuaki - bit of a risky pick but i like the way he plays.

I think I have to go with one cow and one solid scorer this week.

I could probably squeeze Fog in, depending on who I trade. Think I might have been wrong about his scoring potential. Looking like a 50+ scorer.

Agree with everything mate.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:39 am

ynot wrote:

tell me bout this long game

It's where each and every week, you tell yourself, this is it! This is the week I save a trade! And then you let yourself down. You don't save a trade. You feel terrible, you need a doughnut. Mmm doughnuts.

#longgame.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:47 am

Mulvy wrote:

It's where each and every week, you tell yourself, this is it! This is the week I save a trade! And then you let yourself down. You don't save a trade. You feel terrible, you need a doughnut. Mmm doughnuts.

#longgame.
    I saved 2 last week mate but seems to have put me a bit behind a couple of others lol
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:48 am

Mulvy wrote:

Agree with all of that mate. Finefeuiaki is a risk, minutes unknown, might not even start. I'm picking him though, mostly just the vibe of the thing, looks likely, also not too worried about Gosi. Cowboys look decent so far, knocked off Dolphins and Knights. Granted, match ups don't mean shit, but I don't know why you need to see how they go against the Dragons?

Agree, Galvin a trade in. Have him already.

Agree about May. I think he's a trade in. But also agree that Robbo, Crichton, Watson, Robbo etc should give at least a little bit of pause. He looks the goods absolutely, and I'm scared, but I might not pick him, due to other reasons:

Lussick I can afford more easily, and looks a trade in with a four forward bench. He was probably a trade in already. Agreed, less exciting, but just as undervalued probably. Also depends on team make up. I only have one hooker. Unless you count Levi. I do not count Levi.

Also agree, well done to Hosking owners. I really really wanted to start with him, but thought this might happen. But you're laughing anyway, I should have just done it and damn the consequences. Decent chance he still starts anyway. But yeah take that sweet cash and run. Either now or next week is fine and non-season defining.

Nice to be in the same page brother.

If I could I would go Hopgood and Lussick this week and just watch all the newbies for one more week but easier said than done/costs!
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:48 am

And likewise don’t count Danny Levi hahaha he’s one of my 10 that need to go as soon as feasible
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:50 am

Mulvy wrote:

Agreed. Trades through the year are way more important than starting team (gee it would be nice jag it once though). I suspect that that's why MTB has low-key started with the same team as another prominent poster on here. A case study, probably well known to those who play autofill, a great concept I unfortunately don't have the energy for, but another one of those games that I think makes one a better fantasy player overall.

Hey, dude. I don't play it now, but I *invented* autofill. Give me a bio note, dammit.

Check out the blasts from the past in this beauty: https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t436-wags-autofill-league
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:54 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

I initially wanted to fold into myself and squeeze into an envelope when I saw Ponga was playing the Storm this week, but I didn't realise Hughes was out too. Storm still find a way to do things, regardless of who's playing or not, but I do like Ponga playing a team without Munster and Hughes far more than a team with them. I also like Cogger as a player more than Hastings.

I am certain Ponga will disappoint, again, but there's a platform for him not to disappoint.

Hang in there mate, like someone already said, it's more about what you do with your team during the year. Holding those guys that are hard to hold. Starting with Teddy and Cook last year fucked me. I got rid of Cook but held Teddy all year. It was a sucky season. Still finished just outside the top 100. I'm holding Ponga. I know forum God Booze traded him. But I agree with his decision for his team because it needed rebalancing. Most teams need rebalancing in the first few weeks. But for my team, I want to hold, fix other areas, and suck up the shitty current rank and have faith, that I know what I'm doing.

Maybe.

Edit: Now that I think about it, think I kept Cook until origin, which paid off, and was also hard to do, given he was bleeding cash. Anyway, don't trade guns, unless you have a really really really good reason. Good advice for newcomers, But there are certainly times when I've done it because of multiple reasons, other times fail.... like trading Cleary out for his bye last year. Terrible. got him back in a couple of weeks later for his tonne though, phew!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:07 am

Mulvy wrote:

Hang in there mate, like someone already said, it's more about what you do with your team during the year. Holding those guys that are hard to hold. Starting with Teddy and Cook last year fucked me. I got rid of Cook but held Teddy all year. It was a sucky season. Still finished just outside the top 100. I'm holding Ponga. I know forum God Booze traded him. But I agree with his decision for his team because it needed rebalancing. Most teams need rebalancing in the first few weeks. But for my team, I want to hold, fix other areas, and suck up the shitty current rank and have faith, that I know what I'm doing.

Maybe.

Yeah, I had Teddy from R1 until the bitter end last year too. That was a tough ride. Thankfully The Ponga Experience isn’t quite that bad… yet. Definitely on the same trajectory, but he’s still got another 150K to lose to match Teddy last year.

It wouldn’t make sense for me to trade him out either with my team make up, so I’ll keep holding, putting out the other fires and hope, for the love of sweet Jesus, that he starts scoring a try or two along the way.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:17 am

Ando wrote:Am I being stupid considering Cook > Lussick... Trying to completely ignore last weeks scores as part of my thought process but instead seeing it as an opportunity to strengthen my 14-17. Across this week and next week.

I would have started with Lussick over Cook if there had been no Hands on the bench RD1.

TU: Shut up idiot
    TD: I like it

Similar for me. I didn't want any gun hooker let alone two. Picking Grant meant the time pressure of getting another one by next week. So went with Cook. Last week could just be a blip. Should probably hold...

But yeah, what if it is the beginning of a down turn. I've seriously considered the restructure (possibly mentioned a couple of posts ago). Cook to Lussick frees up some cash, so depends on what your teams needs. I think Cook is a hold though, and I really really just want to buy what getting rid of Flannagan and Wong can afford.

But also depends on balance. Getting Lussick gives me a second hooker. Cook to Lussick still leaves me with one hooker etc, different for every team.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:21 am

mickspicks wrote:What are people doing with Seyfarth? Is he an immediate trade out? I brought him in for R2 so I feel a bit filthy considering moving him on already, but the minutes etc just didn't come to fruition at all.

I wouldn't say it's urgent necessarily, but moving on duds as fast as possible is a fantasy mainstay. IMO:

He's a loser Marge, dump him!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 am

Boozecluez wrote:

Yeah wrong brailey haha, jayden I meant
    Sharks fan so Jayden is dead to me once he left haha

I was super keen on JBrails in preseason. Waiting for him to come good in my draft team. Interesting thought waiting for how he goes. As I said before, I don't have the time pressure of a Grant bye next week, hmmm
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:28 am

Toothlessshark wrote:The consensus seems to be on lussick but I really feel like taking a shot at someone else seeing as I picked Robson to avoid the grant bye. If you had about 720k and wanted a different pick who would you look at?
    I like Curran and am not too fussed on position as they'll be 13-17

Decent punt imo
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:28 am

Mulvy wrote:

Similar for me. I didn't want any gun hooker let alone two. Picking Grant meant the time pressure of getting another one by next week. So went with Cook. Last week could just be a blip. Should probably hold...

But yeah, what if it is the beginning of a down turn. I've seriously considered the restructure (possibly mentioned a couple of posts ago). Cook to Lussick frees up some cash, so depends on what your teams needs. I think Cook is a hold though, and I really really just want to buy what getting rid of Flannagan and Wong can afford.

But also depends on balance. Getting Lussick gives me a second hooker. Cook to Lussick still leaves me with one hooker etc, different for every team.

Yeah I briefly thought about Cook to Lussick if Cook's knock meant he'd miss this week. Firm hold now with so few guns in my team as it is.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:28 am

Mulvy wrote:

I wouldn't say it's urgent necessarily, but moving on duds as fast as possible is a fantasy mainstay. IMO:

He's a loser Marge, dump him!

First you get the duds
    Then you get the injuries
    Then you max the trades
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:40 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

Yep, one of them
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:42 am

WT Winfield wrote:

All he did was agree with everything old mate said.

Sounds like Galvin based on GM's analysis and Mulvy's agreement.

Yep, great analysis WT, agree with all those points.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:13 am