NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

King Assassin
    King Assassin

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by King Assassin Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:59 pm

For the record I enjoy MattNZ's post I think he has some great insights and I always enjoy reading his perspectives. If we need someone to bully and take it out on, I'll happily put my hand up to cop it.

If you need some fuel, I started the season with both Lolo and Kiraz and I was so sure they'd be great picks. I have also posted in the past that Terrell May will only play 35 minutes in round 2 and even before that tried to make a case for Leniu being a good pick.

If you want to attack me personally instead, I play a heap of footy myself. I got dropped from HDC last year 3 rounds into the year and then only lasted a week in a cup preseason this year before getting cut after running a 6+ minute bronco. I've been single the last 3 years mainly because i'm still in love with my ex and I wear a beard to hide the fact I have no jawline.
    User Name
    User Name

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by User Name Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:04 pm

King Assassin wrote: I've been single the last 3 years mainly because i'm still in love with my ex and I wear a beard to hide the fact I have no jawline.

I was going to say something until I read this.

You just keep doing you champion!
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:05 pm

Tempted by Mann bounce
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:06 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:If I wanted to make the super sideways trade of Ponga to Tedesco, you guys would all support me emotionally even whilst condemning my ridiculous sideways trade, right?

💯. I ended up with Ponga kind of by accident (or lack of planning) because I was saving cash for Curran and when he wasn’t named in the stupid split round team lists I got Vegas fullback envy and chased points.

I should have tossed him last week and re-balanced my team. Only people ridiculing you will be people that don’t have him, who are also chuckling as they pull further away in the fog.

I’ve got too many problems now he is gonna have to just lift his game.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:10 pm

ytsb wrote:Yeah witch hunting makes for poor reading. No need for personal attacks on an anonymous made up fantasy forum. Ando you're a fat prick.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'm the fat prick.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:11 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'm the fat prick.

I can’t make the SEQ meetup, but if I could I’d settle this debate pretty quickly.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:11 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'm the fat prick.
    Come on Mulvy don’t be harsh on yourself, you’re not a prick.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:12 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'm the fat prick.

I,m a fat prick though I identify as thin , I am trans slender.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:12 pm

AL wrote:

I should have tossed him last week and re-balanced my team. Only people ridiculing you will be people that don’t have him, who are also chuckling as they pull further away in the fog.

If you want to ditch Ponga (or any gun who hasn't killed it in the first 2 weeks), I guess do it sooner rather than later

But at some point he'll put up the scores you bought him for. How pissed off will you be when happens?
    As a similar trade lets say you traded Hopgood to Haas after round 1 - that would not have been a good trade.

Specifically on Ponga I thought he over-achieved a little in the back end of last year and wouldn't quite hit those heights this year, but his price was also lowered by some injury games so maybe it all evens out.
    But once he's in your team and it costs a trade to move him on you want to be sure you'll get an actual benefit before doing so.

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:13 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'm the fat prick.

We're all fat pricks.

But some of you wankers are fat, bearded pricks.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:15 pm

Regarding Matt, not to drag this out but I think it’s a combination of things
    Hidden so people can keep talking footy but there if you want to read it still

TLDR :

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:16 pm

mickspicks wrote:Tempted by Mann bounce

Everyone so busy watching Salmon + Curran that Mann has managed to slip in back to back 50s pretty much unnoticed.

Due to injuries we don't really know what Dogs interchange plan looks like, so I still don't trust him long term, perhaps to my detriment
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:19 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

We're all fat pricks.

But some of you wankers are fat, bearded pricks.
    Fuck off, I’m not like you!!!!! I’m only a slightly flabby, bearded, balding, old smart arse prick.

And what the fuck is up with the format when I hit reply these days?

What’s @si up to?
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:20 pm

What if you just trade in 2 players and pretend this was your starting side, does it feel different?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:20 pm

King Assassin wrote:For the record I enjoy MattNZ's post I think he has some great insights and I always enjoy reading his perspectives. If we need someone to bully and take it out on, I'll happily put my hand up to cop it.

If you need some fuel, I started the season with both Lolo and Kiraz and I was so sure they'd be great picks. I have also posted in the past that Terrell May will only play 35 minutes in round 2 and even before that tried to make a case for Leniu being a good pick.

If you want to attack me personally instead, I play a heap of footy myself. I got dropped from HDC last year 3 rounds into the year and then only lasted a week in a cup preseason this year before getting cut after running a 6+ minute bronco. I've been single the last 3 years mainly because i'm still in love with my ex and I wear a beard to hide the fact I have no jawline.

Way to post.... no chin!

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 24 Giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95280lir7tbb2eyjb3rez01q7oimi7703q7q3uva5sy&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:21 pm

My trades this week might be Hutch - Galvin and Tupo - Curran.

If Galvin can at least match Hutcho's scores then he and Curran are an upgrade.
    I am hoping Curran can average close to 50 (happy with 44.2+) and the DPP is handy.
    He is great cover over the byes if he keeps scoring well.
    Also adds 45k to the kitty to fund free soft drink machines for the players.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:26 pm

I was going to say Reuben Garrick earlier but he shit the bed last week

So how about this.
    Who is everyone bringing in next week as I already own May/galvin?
    Want to stay a step ahead

Was going to add the coffee cup emoji but I can’t handle all the thumbs down
    Think I need an avatar change
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:29 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 24 Giphy

Beating Heart

King Assassin wrote:For the record I enjoy MattNZ's post I think he has some great insights and I always enjoy reading his perspectives. If we need someone to bully and take it out on, I'll happily put my hand up to cop it.

Are you offering yourself up as bullying tribute? Sorry to hear you are having a hard time, but three years is a long fucking time to be hung up on an ex and you really need to move on (but im sure you know this). And there ain’t nothing wrong with a beard whatever the reason. As far as fantasy is concerned, we all make mistakes. I also have Kiraz and I sold Cotter Embarassed. What a fantasy fuckwit! Rolling Laugh

mickspicks wrote:Tempted by Mann bounce

Im worried that both his games saw inflated minutes through injury. Hard to know who got the extras between him and Curran.

AL wrote:

💯. I ended up with Ponga kind of by accident (or lack of planning) because I was saving cash for Curran and when he wasn’t named in the stupid split round team lists I got Vegas fullback envy and chased points.

I’ve got too many problems now he is gonna have to just lift his game.

Its one of those trades that I think if I don’t do now, something will always come up and it will be ride or die for the season.

Milchcow wrote:

If you want to ditch Ponga (or any gun who hasn't killed it in the first 2 weeks), I guess do it sooner rather than later

But at some point he'll put up the scores you bought him for. How pissed off will you be when happens?
    As a similar trade lets say you traded Hopgood to Haas after round 1 - that would not have been a good trade.

Specifically on Ponga I thought he over-achieved a little in the back end of last year and wouldn't quite hit those heights this year, but his price was also lowered by some injury games so maybe it all evens out.
    But once he's in your team and it costs a trade to move him on you want to be sure you'll get an actual benefit before doing so.

Its more that Teddy looks like a really fun fantasy pick this year with the Roosters seeming to have clicked better. Conversely with the Knights are looking average and its pretty boring to watch Ponga. Obviously the Knights could turn this around, but the weekend is coming closer every day and I want some slam dunk electrifying entertainment in my life!
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:35 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I’m just bitter because I never really wanted him in my team, and like you, thought he was over priced compared to the other options. I don’t typically trade out guns unless injury or origin dictates though - which is why I’m still staring at him and his diminishing value in my back 3.

I also have too many other fires to deal with now. Wish I could use the 2 trades I saved last week and make 4 this week. Would look much better. Telling myself it’s a marathon, not a sprint, but sick of missing the start.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:43 pm

Lol to everyone thinking Matt is the weird kid or somehow wants everybody’s approval or validation. Like him or hate him, Matt is an ice cold motherfucker who doesn’t care what anybody in here thinks. Dude has hung around this forum for years now copping extreme heat and arguing with ten posters at a time on any given topic without ever taking a backwards step. He might be shit at Fantasy, but he has the thickest skin in the biz.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:37 am