NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 pm

Think I need to bring in Teddy to steady the ship its listing badly, think he might tear the Bunnies a new one - JD seems out of his depth, Murray needs to stay at lock with Duncan starting on the edge.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 pm

So is Cotter a 55 tackles in 67 minutes kind of gun, or a 33 tackles in 51 minutes plodder? Probably somewhere in between, but its hard to get a read on him with such a huge discrepancy in minutes.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:27 pm

All I know is that it’s much easier to keep up with the forum when Matt’s missus has his laptop.

Edit: I also had confirmation in Round 2 that my team is beyond fucked. So I guess I know two things.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:31 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Starting with Seyfarth was fine as it's one trade out, it's the pump up and .9 PPM in reserve grade that was classic

And the trading in players that no one else does, only backfires to him when they fail. Not a single person batted an eye at McIntyre or Sullivan except him

I did query his 0.9 PPM a couple of times but fair play to him sticking to his principles which is admirable. The going MIA not so much but I'm sure he will be back once one of his POD's goes large haha
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:33 pm

L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:44 pm

Mulvy wrote:
    Thought this take was just as harsh tbh.
    wolfking wrote:
    It's not that harsh really, sad to say.  He's right, if you are going to pump your own tyres up all the time when things are going good that's fine, but when things go shit and you make some bad calls, a real man will just admit mistakes and take it on the chin and keep plugging away.

Running away is the part that irritates me and the reason why he cops what he does.  Saying that, I hope he does come back, he's a valuable poster.  

I love you both as you know, and strongly disagree with you here. And like, elsewhere about Souths or kombucha. But that's kinda the point.

Look, we've got a situation where a slightly weird kid who has problems with over-communicating has made some bad calls (as he always does, because he thinks different and that's useful to the forum).

And a few folks from the forum have jumped on with the ad hominem mockery with great delight. Like folk always do. There's always people who really love kicking an easy target to make themselves look good.

I've got MattNZ on mute, and have done for years, because I think the volume of his posts can over-weight his opinions. So, to make sure I get a fair weighting of points of view, I lessen the rate of his. I don't try and shout abuse at him until he shuts up.

Bullying is not a good way to deal with the problem - and I think more than a few folks are heading down the bullying path. And this means that easily-led posters who are keen for engagement pile on too. Which doesn't make a healthy forum, or a happy gang.

Yeah, mulvy, on consideration my take was at least as harsh. You were right. It's just that I really hate bullies, and don't always make even-tempered decisions around them. Fair cop.

I'll try and do better. Perhaps a few others will too.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:53 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

I love you both as you know, and strongly disagree with you here. And like, elsewhere about Souths or kombucha. But that's kinda the point.

Look, we've got a situation where a slightly weird kid who has problems with over-communicating has made some bad calls (as he always does, because he thinks different and that's useful to the forum).

And a few folks from the forum have jumped on with the ad hominem mockery with great delight. Like folk always do. There's always people who really love kicking an easy target to make themselves look good.

I've got MattNZ on mute, and have done for years, because I think the volume of his posts can over-weight his opinions. So, to make sure I get a fair weighting of points of view, I lessen the rate of his. I don't try and shout abuse at him until he shuts up.

Bullying is not a good way to deal with the problem - and I think more than a few folks are heading down the bullying path. And this means that easily-led posters who are keen for engagement pile on too. Which doesn't make a healthy forum, or a happy gang.

Yeah, mulvy, on consideration my take was at least as harsh. You were right. It's just that I really hate bullies, and don't always make even-tempered decisions around them. Fair cop.

All good mate, I don't think I even meant to consciously, but I still ended up upvoting you, haha I do give them out like candy.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:55 pm

For what its worth I agree with L-Jimmy

The volume of abuse matt gets for any of his dud picks is a disproportionate response to whatever problem he has created in suggesting them.
    If you disagree with a pick, just post your reasons and move on. There's no need to bring it up continually for 3 months every time he has a pick fail.

We're going to spend the rest of this season with mentions about reserve grade stats, or the ability of Seyfarth multiple times every thread, whether its relevant to any conversation or not.
    And I think it is detrimental to discussion.

As one example, the Roosters currently have several first grade quality players in reserve grade. Its very hard to talk about the timing of if/when they'll make first grade without tempting a bunch of sarcastic remarks about looking at reserve grade stats. In this case it extremely fantasy relevant because the players whose spot they would take are very highly owned. Yet for newbie/infrequent posters it is not a discussion that I would feel welcomed in starting.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:59 pm

Back to fantasy.

Average first round 694, better second 818, but have a fairly imbalanced side.

Cook
    Murray, Hop, Smith
    Smithies, Wong
    Hutch, Cleary
    Burbo, Strange
    Papy, Rapa, Talau

May
    Salmon
    Tups
    Piakura

Chan
    Levi
    Kini
    Hughes

239k bank.

If Campbell is still a while away, I've got faith enough in Kini to score well enough as 3rd WFB.
    But will need strengthening when he does return, CTRs obviously weak point.

TOP Trade out targets are Hutch, Tups then maybe Cheese, Wong,Talau. Might keep Talau for looping
    Trade in targets are Galvin, Finefeuiaki, Fog, Turbo/Ted/Ponga

any help appreciated

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:14 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

That's all fair enough mate, and I've made the conscious effort to not pile on Matt this season so far, he has enough of that and as I said he's a valid poster.  I do enjoy a lot of his insights and takes and I hope his team gets back on track.

I do find it amusing though you're defending him and you have him on block.  You're a good lad.  Also, the bolded part could come across offensive too to Matt.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:16 pm

wolfking wrote:

That's all fair enough mate, and I've made the conscious effort to not pile on Matt this season so far, he has enough of that and as I said he's a valid poster.  I do enjoy a lot of his insights and takes and I hope his team gets back on track.

I do find it amusing though you're defending him and you have him on block.  You're a good lad.  Also, the bolded part could come across offensive too.

Yeah I don't think he is a weird kid lol.

Just seems like a bloke who loves good theory and a bit impulsive.

Basically me every Friday night.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:21 pm

Welshy wrote:Back to fantasy.

Cook
    Murray, Hop, Smith
    Smithies, Wong
    Hutch, Cleary
    Burbo, Strange
    Papy, Rapa, Talau

May
    Salmon
    Tups
    Piakura

Chan
    Levi
    Kini
    Hughes

239k bank.

If Campbell is still a while away, I've got faith enough in Kini to score well enough as 3rd WFB.

TOP Trade out targets are Hutch, Tups then maybe Cheese, Wong,Talau. Might keep Talau for looping

any help appreciated

If you are after help you need to keep it simple
    Use 2 hands and grab it by the hips using the wool as not to slip
    Select on spotify 'Charlotte church greatest hits' and now you can get started

1) Trade Tups and Hutch out for their cheaper newer models of Fine and Galvin
    2) Make sure JC misses the bus this week
    3) Marinade
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:22 pm

Welshy wrote:Back to fantasy.

Cook
    Murray, Hop, Smith
    Smithies, Wong
    Hutch, Cleary
    Burbo, Strange
    Papy, Rapa, Talau

May
    Salmon
    Tups
    Piakura

Chan
    Levi
    Kini
    Hughes

239k bank.

any help appreciated

You've got no half cover, no centre cover and no wfb cover. You might not even have 3wfb's if Kini is out. I think you need to work on some of that. I agree trade outs I'd favour are Hutch and Sitili. I'd probably look at Sitili and Hutch to Fog and Galvin to strengthen halves. And look at strengthening WFB next week, and minutes watch for Finefuki this week.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:29 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    For what its worth I agree with L-Jimmy

The volume of abuse matt gets for any of his dud picks is a disproportionate response to whatever problem he has created in suggesting them.
    If you disagree with a pick, just post your reasons and move on. There's no need to bring it up continually for 3 months every time he has a pick fail.

We're going to spend the rest of this season with mentions about reserve grade stats, or the ability of Seyfarth multiple times every thread, whether its relevant to any conversation or not.
    And I think it is detrimental to discussion.

As one example, the Roosters currently have several first grade quality players in reserve grade. Its very hard to talk about the timing of if/when they'll make first grade without tempting a bunch of sarcastic remarks about looking at reserve grade stats. In this case it extremely fantasy relevant because the players whose spot they would take are very highly owned. Yet for newbie/infrequent posters it is not a discussion that I would feel welcomed in starting.

I don't really disagree with L-Jimmy on the Matt point, but on the Roosters forwards thing, we all know there are several NRL quality players in the NSW Cup. Angus/Egan/Watson  etc beating up a bunch of reserve graders doesn't mean that much... we all know they're *there* and approximately what they might do if/when they get into first grade. (We don't know what minutes or role they'd get because... Roosters).

It's probably relevant if they're playing badly, so less likely to get called up, but doubt them playing well (still less, getting good stats) at that level is going to change Robinson's mind about the composition of the first team, because that's the least that can be expected. Training performance and NRL performance of the incumbents likely to be more important imo.
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:45 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Yeah I don't think he is a weird kid lol.

Just seems like a bloke who loves good theory and a bit impulsive.

Basically me every Friday night.

Don’t know that it’s impulse, he clearly puts a lot of thought into the decisions he makes, I think he runs into trouble because he’s the only person he listens to, I’m not saying that everyone should follow the forum echo chamber at all times, I think it’s important to back yourself, but sometimes playing this game, outside eyes on this forum have alerted me to certain things I completely missed because I had the blinkers on, and that allows me to go back over what I thought I saw and adjust, once matt has the blinkers on, he only knows forward and counterpoints are just hurdles to be jumped over.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:47 pm

If I wanted to make the super sideways trade of Ponga to Tedesco, you guys would all support me emotionally even whilst condemning my ridiculous sideways trade, right?
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:54 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:If I wanted to make the super sideways trade of Ponga to Tedesco, you guys would all support me emotionally even whilst condemning my ridiculous sideways trade, right?
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 23 Giphy
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:55 pm

Can you (I can't keep up with the forum enough to post) please get back to the moderately harmless banter from a week ago. It was reminicent of those times in the Sportal days...
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:58 pm

User Name wrote:Can you (I can't keep up with the forum enough to post) please get back to the moderately harmless banter from a week ago. It was reminicent of those times in the Sportal days...

Life was so simple then.

C C parker every week then C C Smith every week.

Would you look at that.......
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:58 pm

Yeah witch hunting makes for poor reading. No need for personal attacks on an anonymous made up fantasy forum. Ando you're a fat prick.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:03 pm