NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:15 pm

Kenny another interesting option too.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:16 pm

Toothlessshark wrote:The consensus seems to be on lussick but I really feel like taking a shot at someone else seeing as I picked Robson to avoid the grant bye. If you had about 720k and wanted a different pick who would you look at?
    I like Curran and am not too fussed on position as they'll be 13-17

I started with Robson but getting Lussick too.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:18 pm

mickspicks wrote:What are people doing with Seyfarth? Is he an immediate trade out? I brought him in for R2 so I feel a bit filthy considering moving him on already, but the minutes etc just didn't come to fruition at all.

In my 18-21. Luki & Wong bigger priorities.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:18 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

I don't know if this is good or bad for you but I am selling this week for similar reasons and a Lussick/cheese owner
    Might grab JBrailey soon too if he has a nice recovery and drops in price playing off the bench for a few weeks too

Edited for getting the wrong brother from the same mother

Didn't even think about JBrailey, I traded him in last year the week he did his ACL.

Yeah Brailey to drop a bit of value will make him a trade target before RD9 when Lussick is on the bye.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:20 pm

Weiland wrote:All the guys I potentially would loop are playing the same game (Bulldogs v Titans) which is a little annoying.

It's possible to loop players from the same guy if you DNP is in your starting 13. I managed this last week using Cotric at CTR to choose either Strange or Levi's scores. PM me if you want me to take a look.
    Toothlessshark
    Toothlessshark

Post by Toothlessshark Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:22 pm

wolfking wrote:

I started with Robson but getting Lussick too.

Yeah ill have a tinker but it's probably the safe bet. I just feel better going after someone who has a higher ceiling, like koro or teddy mentioned before. Lussick seems pretty vanilla
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:24 pm

Ando wrote:Am I being stupid considering Cook > Lussick... Trying to completely ignore last weeks scores as part of my thought process but instead seeing it as an opportunity to strengthen my 14-17. Across this week and next week.

I would have started with Lussick over Cook if there had been no Hands on the bench RD1.

TU: Shut up idiot
    TD: I like it

Probably depends what you do with the money but I like it. Lussick probably averages 5-10 points less but gives you 200k+ to play with. Most people if they had 200k spare right now do something like Hutch > Terry May, who covers that 10 point gap comfortably and will increase in value. In most cases I’d say it’s worth it
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:28 pm

Toothlessshark wrote:The consensus seems to be on lussick but I really feel like taking a shot at someone else seeing as I picked Robson to avoid the grant bye. If you had about 720k and wanted a different pick who would you look at?

One of the big WFBs. Turbo, Ted, Walsh, Drinkwater, Ponga. Probably Turbo.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:29 pm

I'm going to trade Stili for Fainu. Reason being I think Benji gives him a good crack and he looks fantasy relevant.

Leaves me with
    Api,
    Haas, Smithies, May
    Pikachu, Chan
    Cleary, Hunt
    Burbo, Strange
    Ponga, Pappy, Turbo

Lussick, Fainu, Salmon, Galvin
    Hughes, Levi, Hutch and Cotric

With 75k in the Bank.

Fingers crossed for 2 weeks of no injuries and I can sit on what I have and make a little bit of cash.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:29 pm

Khany wrote:

In my 18-21.  Luki & Wong bigger priorities.

Do you need the cash from these two for your trades?

I only ask as these two aren't going to lose any cash this week. Seyfarth may not either, if you're lucky, but he definitely could if he has another week like last week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:32 pm

Toothlessshark wrote:

Yeah ill have a tinker but it's probably the safe bet. I just feel better going after someone who has a higher ceiling, like koro or teddy mentioned before. Lussick seems pretty vanilla

Saying that if you can afford that amount and positions weren't a problem I'd definitely look up from Lussick and get the best you can. Ted springs to mind.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:36 pm

Ando wrote:

It's possible to loop players from the same guy if you DNP is in your starting 13. I managed this last week using Cotric at CTR to choose either Strange or Levi's scores. PM me if you want me to take a look.

Jeez you got me stumped on this one.

So Cotric was at CTR and then I assume you had Levi over Strange at 18 & 19. So you get the Strange score, even though Levi is above him. But if Levi scored better, how would you have got Levi's score? I only see it possible if you have another CTR to loop in Cotric's position? And then you'd have Cotric in your 14-17.

Haha, I'm sure I'm missing something but I've found myself hung up on this post trying to figure it out.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:40 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Jeez you got me stumped on this one.

So Cotric was at CTR and then I assume you had Levi over Strange at 18 & 19. So you get the Strange score, even though Levi is above him. But if Levi scored better, how would you have got Levi's score? I only see it possible if you have another CTR to loop in Cotric's position? And then you'd have Cotric in your 14-17.

Haha, I'm sure I'm missing something but I've found myself hung up on this post trying to figure it out.

EDG: Wong
    CTR: Cotric (DNP)
    #14: Brbo
    #18: Levi
    #19: Strange

With this set up Brbo would go into CTR and Levi into 17.

However after the Raiders game and Strange outscoring Levi I swapped Brbo and Wong. This then meant Strange was the only CTR on my bench and his score looped into Cotric's spot.

Very dirty indeed Wink
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:43 pm

Lchy wrote:

Probably depends what you do with the money but I like it. Lussick probably averages 5-10 points less but gives you 200k+ to play with. Most people if they had 200k spare right now do something like Hutch > Terry May, who covers that 10 point gap comfortably and will increase in value. In most cases I’d say it’s worth it

Yep this is pretty much where I am at. It likely means I score less this week as I miss Cook's score and get Lussick's.

However the 200k upgrades next week should net more points over the coming weeks.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:49 pm

Revraiser wrote:

I had to raise it !

Do u view me as French, u have an L before Revraiser in this quote.. Le Revraiser oui oui
     I’ve been getting this weird yellow highlighted effect when using reply on my phone with the cursor defaulting to the front of the first letter of the quote, which is irritating (or woke according to my new regime)

Must have typed an L before jumping to the right spot but anyway c’est la vie, or something
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:51 pm

Ando wrote:

EDG: Wong
    CTR: Cotric (DNP)
    #14: Brbo
    #18: Levi
    #19: Strange

With this set up Brbo would go into CTR and Levi into 17.

However after the Raiders game and Strange outscoring Levi I swapped Brbo and Wong. This then meant Strange was the only CTR on my bench and his score looped into Cotric's spot.

Very dirty indeed Wink

That is impressive. Well played.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:52 pm

If I didn’t have Cheese as my only hooker I’d be looking at Curran as well
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:54 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

That is impressive. Well played.

Loops are always team dependent but there are sometimes ways to do it where you can take a look at two players scores and then decide which you want to pick. Needed when you have bums like Levi who struggle to break 30 even with a Try.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:33 pm

Regulator wrote:

The more people who take it "serious" and join groups like this, the discords, the YT channels etc, the more teams will become similar.

Most people don't play the game that seriously, and so you get more variation because it's just fans fucking around having fun picking players they like etc. But as with most games, you'll have a subgroup of sweats who find the meta and stick to it.

It can feel like people who take it as serious as people do on here is the norm, but it isn't. But finding your way to the meta think tank has never been easier. I'm sure many of us found this place years ago when their wasn't many places to look. But now again multiple big Facebook groups, discords, YouTubes, you don't need to look hard to find your way to the same answers everyone has.

There's still people though, like I have a workmate who just plays in a comp with his family. He loves it, but he sucks. In his family comp he goes alright, but they're completely different types of players just trying to have fun. I'll be like why the fuck don't you have Cleary "because he's a cunt", wtf do you have DWZ "up the Wahs" etc lol.

We had a mate join our long running comp a couple of years ago. He's a good mate but we were a little apprehensive because we've ran that comp a long time and everyone is strong, lots of really good finishes etc but we were like alright jump in. Check out his team expecting it'll be horrible and was instantly like wtf how did you figure this out "watched some videos".

But yes draft is the solution if you're wanting that type of experience.

Nice post mate, can confirm, when I started in 2016, there wasn't much around, at least I didn't know how to find it, but found this place and hooked ever since. Watching every, or most games is important . But yeah playing draft really helps me switch out of that tunnel vision and consider all players on their merits, something you don't do as much playing fantasy alone. Would recommend.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:12 am

GreenMachine wrote:Think I’ll wait a week on Fine… see how this cowboys rotation plays out with no Luki. Not really worried about Gosiewski. His form is very exposed at this point. Want to make sure they are going to be a winning side against a team like the dragons before punting a trade into another of their forwards. Hopefully good for cotter.

Nothing has changed for Galvin. He’s a trade (in)

I know he’s a PPM cash grab but I’m surprised people going equally hard on May. Roosters still to add Crichton, and Watson into their rotation. Butcher now in both Watson and Crichton capable in the middle not just Hooker or Edge respectively. Remains on minutes watch for me.

Lussick looks boring but a trade with Hands finally gone.

Hosking is an avoid for new suitors and potentially only two more weeks for those clever enough to start with him. Get his cash and flip him up to Hopgood

Agree with all of that mate. Finefeuiaki is a risk, minutes unknown, might not even start. I'm picking him though, mostly just the vibe of the thing, looks likely, also not too worried about Gosi. Cowboys look decent so far, knocked off Dolphins and Knights. Granted, match ups don't mean shit, but I don't know why you need to see how they go against the Dragons?

Agree, Galvin a trade in. Have him already.

Agree about May. I think he's a trade in. But also agree that Robbo, Crichton, Watson, Robbo etc should give at least a little bit of pause. He looks the goods absolutely, and I'm scared, but I might not pick him, due to other reasons:

Lussick I can afford more easily, and looks a trade in with a four forward bench. He was probably a trade in already. Agreed, less exciting, but just as undervalued probably. Also depends on team make up. I only have one hooker. Unless you count Levi. I do not count Levi.

Also agree, well done to Hosking owners. I really really wanted to start with him, but thought this might happen. But you're laughing anyway, I should have just done it and damn the consequences. Decent chance he still starts anyway. But yeah take that sweet cash and run. Either now or next week is fine and non-season defining.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:38 am