NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

THEGAME
    THEGAME

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by THEGAME Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:55 pm

17 ✅ so no looping this week

2 from these 4

Tups
    Fine
    Chan
    Hughes

I’ve started Salmon over all 4 of them

Thoughts ??
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:57 pm

Loomer wrote:

Ponga last chance for me almost

I initially wanted to fold into myself and squeeze into an envelope when I saw Ponga was playing the Storm this week, but I didn't realise Hughes was out too. Storm still find a way to do things, regardless of who's playing or not, but I do like Ponga playing a team without Munster and Hughes far more than a team with them. I also like Cogger as a player more than Hastings.

I am certain Ponga will disappoint, again, but there's a platform for him not to disappoint.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:59 pm

THEGAME wrote:17 ✅ so no looping this week

2 from these 4

Tups
    Fine
    Chan
    Hughes

Thoughts ??

Yeah, no loop for me either and I'm playing Kini. And Fine, and Chan. lol. And maybe Tups. Fine is actually my starting EDG.

Anyway, of these four I'd go in this order;

Fine
    Chan
    Tups
    Hughes
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:01 pm

Regulator wrote:

The more people who take it "serious" and join groups like this, the discords, the YT channels etc, the more teams will become similar.

Most people don't play the game that seriously, and so you get more variation because it's just fans fucking around having fun picking players they like etc. But as with most games, you'll have a subgroup of sweats who find the meta and stick to it.

It can feel like people who take it as serious as people do on here is the norm, but it isn't. But finding your way to the meta think tank has never been easier. I'm sure many of us found this place years ago when their wasn't many places to look. But now again multiple big Facebook groups, discords, YouTubes, you don't need to look hard to find your way to the same answers everyone has.

There's still people though, like I have a workmate who just plays in a comp with his family. He loves it, but he sucks. In his family comp he goes alright, but they're completely different types of players just trying to have fun. I'll be like why the fuck don't you have Cleary "because he's a cunt", wtf do you have DWZ "up the Wahs" etc lol.

We had a mate join our long running comp a couple of years ago. He's a good mate but we were a little apprehensive because we've ran that comp a long time and everyone is strong, lots of really good finishes etc but we were like alright jump in. Check out his team expecting it'll be horrible and was instantly like wtf how did you figure this out "watched some videos".

But yes draft is the solution if you're wanting that type of experience.

Problem with draft is the teams don't change enough. It doesn't feel like there is every much incentive to trade. Maybe it'll be different this year.

Does draft league 1 have much player movement?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:03 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

I initially wanted to fold into myself and squeeze into an envelope when I saw Ponga was playing the Storm this week, but I didn't realise Hughes was out too. Storm still find a way to do things, regardless of who's playing or not, but I do like Ponga playing a team without Munster and Hughes far more than a team with them. I also like Cogger as a player more than Hastings.

I am certain Ponga will disappoint, again, but there's a platform for him not to disappoint.

I didn't notice this in team lists, but Welch is also a red dot in my Draft team.
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:06 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Yeah, no loop for me either and I'm playing Kini. And Fine, and Chan. lol. And maybe Tups. Fine is actually my starting EDG.

Anyway, of these four I'd go in this order;

Fine
    Chan
    Tups
    Hughes

Cheers

Do you play 👍Salmon over 👎Tups ?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:08 pm

THEGAME wrote:

Cheers

Do you play 👍Salmon over 👎Tups ?

Absolutely not, play Tups with the higher ceiling and likely higher minutes

I'm between playing Salmon/Hutch atm, leaning Hutch simply because he's on the field for 80
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:09 pm

THEGAME wrote:17 ✅ so no looping this week

2 from these 4

Tups
    Fine
    Chan
    Hughes

Thoughts ??

i would too
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:09 pm

BCT05 wrote:

At first I thought this, but the problem is we have no idea what his role is going to look like from the bench.

If he only plays 20-25mins and scores 20 points he makes like $15-$20k, if that is the case I think I'd rather just ditch him to improve my scoring 17 this week, $700k is a lot to have sitting in EMG just to milk $20k from.

Edit - just looked at the Raiders bench, he should get more than 25mins lol. Still, not sure how much $$ is enough to make him worth holding - 30-35pts for $30k - $35k?

Agreed. I am wondering though if there's a chance of him getting 60ish minutes if he comes on around 20 mins and Whitehead shifts to the middle? He played a bit of lock last year early season.
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:10 pm

Kind of forgot about https://dash.yafss.com/, but if you want quick numbers on players filtered by the actual position they are named at in TLT, they are there. Can see a players priced at, value (priced at vs average at position), BE, PPM, BPPM (base points), ownership in top 1k and some other stuff with some filters for good measure.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:17 pm

ynot wrote:Kind of forgot about https://dash.yafss.com/, but if you want quick numbers on players filtered by the actual position they are named at in TLT, they are there. Can see a players priced at, value (priced at vs average at position), BE, PPM, BPPM (base points), ownership in top 1k and some other stuff with some filters for good measure.

Used dash for the first time at work couple weeks back to put together a log viewer just using a big data table. What a lovely library that is, whole thing took like 2 hours from installing it to having something functional (with graphs!) with almost no web experience.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:18 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Absolutely not, play Tups with the higher ceiling and likely higher minutes

I'm between playing Salmon/Hutch atm, leaning Hutch simply because he's on the field for 80

I'm leaning towards Salmon. Hopefully he goes alright against Titans. In saying that, maybe Hutch is the better play across the 80min vs Titans.

Either way, minutes or not, Tups hasn't been producing any better output than these guys and he's on the bottom of the list, for me, personally.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:26 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

I'm leaning towards Salmon. Hopefully he goes alright against Titans. In saying that, maybe Hutch is the better play across the 80min vs Titans.

Either way, minutes or not, Tups hasn't been producing any better output than these guys and he's on the bottom of the list, for me, personally.

If he's running at Host I have more faith in him
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:27 pm

Is there a world where Angus and Sitili swap an hour before kickoff? If something like that happens I’ll be keeping Luki for the week and getting rid of Sitili and Wong.

Also if Nats playing over Wong does that not open up 2 interchange uses since Nat plays 80 generally? Could open up a window to give May less minutes?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:31 pm

anyone want to help decipher my team picks - thinking that if no trade is jumping out and saying make me - that i save my ride for the run home

teamtracker updated
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:47 pm

Aardvark wrote:Just realised that I can go Wong and Luki to TeMay and Lussick with not much to spare

Means snoozing on Galvin for another week but.....it does add some respectability to a pretty ropey looking interchange bench this week (I'm backing Lussick to score more that Galvin this round)

By my, admittedly half arsed, calcs both Lussick and Galvin will go up by more or less the same if they score 45 & 35 respectively.

Have plenty of options to swap for Galvin next week....anyone want to venture any thoughts against this plan of attack?

Probably the exact same trades as me mate. Was wondering if it was silly leaving Galvin one more week but I think I'm just going through with it and will get him next week.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:47 pm

LRevraiser wrote:Rocket surgery ??
     I saw that and I think it was on purpose
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:51 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Playing with a couple trades but this can be a placeholder until thursday with 66k itb
    Have another move I am contemplating instead but will see how things look later

Team:

How is it that after just 2 rounds your team wipes the floor with mine?
    scratch
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:51 pm

Am I being stupid considering Cook > Lussick... Trying to completely ignore last weeks scores as part of my thought process but instead seeing it as an opportunity to strengthen my 14-17. Across this week and next week.

I would have started with Lussick over Cook if there had been no Hands on the bench RD1.

TU: Shut up idiot
    TD: I like it
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:55 pm

Ando wrote:Am I being stupid considering Cook > Lussick... Trying to completely ignore last weeks scores as part of my thought process but instead seeing it as an opportunity to strengthen my 14-17. Across this week and next week.

I would have started with Lussick over Cook if there had been no Hands on the bench RD1.

TU: Shut up idiot
    TD: I like it

Can't comment on Cook issue but I'll probably bring in Lussick because only have Liddle. Not super crazy about it at the price. Think he's mid 40s scorer even with 80 mins and how long before BA messes that up

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:04 am