NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:35 pm

wolfking wrote:Any chance Galvin does a Cini this week?
    By this I hope you mean score a try! Alas, I think there is a big chance Cronulla puts 50 on us and no doubt he regresses. He won’t be in my starting 17 this week and probably have no one to Loop.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:39 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    By this I hope you mean score a try! Alas, I think there is a big chance Cronulla puts 50 on us and no doubt he regresses. He won’t be in my starting 17 this week and probably have no one to Loop.

No, by this I mean score in the negatives and be dropped the next week.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Agree with both of you, which is somewhat confusing.

The solution is of course to do the old "Billy Slater".  Catch every ball and put your legs up in the air in front of you.

You see quite a bit of catching and immediately dropping to the ground lately, which to me just increases the likelihood of inadvertently taking a hit to your head on the way down.
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:54 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    I agree people shouldn’t be calling you a jerk In this instance, feel free to bite back if you are being unfairly targeted. All I ask is keep the blatant racist stuff off this site. It was bought to your attention at the time and you bit back instead of apologising. I must be old as I have no idea what woke even means in this instance.

is rabbit not just an alt taking the piss? i wouldnt put any value in what he says
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:56 pm

Galvin instantly looked like one of the more competent players to wear a Tigers jersey in years and while that isn't exactly a lofty standard it's hard to see him pulling a Cini.

Shit his halves partner was fucking rubbish and got hooked.

Even if for some reason it doesn't pan out, he's absolutely a worry free buy.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:00 pm

White Lightning wrote:

the hit was fair he smashed him good nothing wrong with it...as for the severity of it i disagree with you bro league is about the smash & bash if you can take out the opposition legally that's the aim of the game.
    With all this concussion stuff, how long before the NRL brings in the rule where in your own quarter you catch the bomb and play is stopped (like rugby). This would stop the poor old FB getting absolutely smashed!
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:04 pm

wolfking wrote:

No, by this I mean score in the negatives and be dropped the next week.
    I did get that. He won’t get dropped any time soon. In his last two games he has been near best on field. Sullivan is the one who will make way first.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:13 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Errr, yep. Thanks WL and Daedelus - I'm a bit dim today!

It’ll work won’t it?

Kris in the starting 13. Raider at 18. Warrior at 17 or 19 depending how Raider goes.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:16 pm

White Lightning wrote:

the hit was fair he smashed him good nothing wrong with it...as for the severity of it i disagree with you bro league is about the smash & bash if you can take out the opposition legally that's the aim of the game.

I had exactly that opinion when I played and for the last 50 years. But seeing the size of these blokes now, the power they're generating, the dodgy/roidy supplements they're consuming daily and weight training these days have turned them into droidbots Laughing They can hurt bad.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:16 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:

It’ll work won’t it?

Kris in the starting 13.  Raider at 18.  Warrior at 17 or 19 depending how Raider goes.

Warriors are playing the Raiders so they all lock-out at the same time
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:17 pm

Reklaw wrote:

Wish I had went with Tua over Kini

insert "Why not get both?" Tacos gif.
    Like I did.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:19 pm

Billy Smith could possibly return this week. For how long? If you have the guy he’s replacing inbyour team I wouldn’t be trading jim out. He has to be the most injury prone player ever! When Liddle was at the Tigers he was perpetually injured, but nothing compares to Smith. Good on him and the Roosters so they can have 3 totally unrelated Smiths starting a game. Surely that’s a record!
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:19 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    I agree people shouldn’t be calling you a jerk In this instance, feel free to bite back if you are being unfairly targeted. All I ask is keep the blatant racist stuff off this site. It was bought to your attention at the time and you bit back instead of apologising. I must be old as I have no idea what woke even means in this instance.

What "blatant racist" stuff? I deny that entirely. Let's see it. My opinion is as valid as yours. Just piss off with this crap.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:24 pm

You boys can calm down and move on.

I need to scramble to fix my shamble of a squad. Seeing people say Hutcho is a trade out is crazy this week to me.  He isn't making cash, but also isn't losing it. While I have many other issues to fix. He hasn't had any attacking stats and his next three games are against bottom 4 teams
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:26 pm

RandomSil wrote:You boys can calm down and move on.

I need to scramble to fix my shamble of a squad. Seeing people say Hutcho is a trade out is crazy this week to me.  He isn't making cash, but also isn't losing it. While I have many other issues to fix. He hasn't had any attacking stats and his next three games are against bottom 4 teams

Who do you think you are coming in here with all your fantasy talk? Like you own the place or something.

This is the flex and fight thread thanks.

Edit: but I agree, Hutch is the least of my worries too. Many more issues.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:30 pm

AL wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:You boys can calm down and move on.

Who do you think you are coming in here with all your fantasy talk? Like you own the place or something.

This is the flex and fight thread thanks.

I bought one of those plastic shell pools on the weekend.

Almost had enough to pay for it in cas
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:30 pm

RandomSil wrote:I need to scramble to fix my shamble of a squad. Seeing people say Hutcho is a trade out is crazy this week to me.  He isn't making cash, but also isn't losing it. While I have many other issues to fix. He hasn't had any attacking stats and his next three games are against bottom 4 teams

I knew Flanno would be a slow burn, but I expected Hutch to somewhat resemble a 7. He might get a reprieve this week though, as I only have 2 trades to burn.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:41 pm

I didn't start with Hutch or Flanno

Spoiler:
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:43 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I knew Flanno would be a slow burn, but I expected Hutch to somewhat resemble a 7. He might get a reprieve this week though, as I only have 2 trades to burn.

Hutch is probably fine in isolation, the issue is you can get the same scores from Galvin for half the price and the same-ish amount of risk of being dropped. I thought Hutch would be good for a solid 40 average, i was wrong
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:43 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:

I can clear this up for you 'woke' is a universal term you can use when you're an old bloke (usually a white old bloke) whenever anyone doesn't agree with you &/or has the temerity to put forward a different point of view.

As an old bloke I'm going to embrace it and call anything I don't agree with 'woke' and you should probably do the same, it's very liberating.

e.g. Some woke poster : 'I don't trust Robbo to give Terrell May enough minutes off the bench this week'
    You : 'PIss off with your woke bullshit etc etc'

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am