NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

King Assassin
    King Assassin

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by King Assassin Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:29 pm

BCT05 wrote:

But actually he's not even named in Cup either...

People on Raiders forum just as baffled, some reckon the Raiders don't realise he's available haha but I refuse to believe that's possible. It's all very very strange.

On a scale from Ethan to Doctor, how strange are we talking?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by Bethany_B Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:29 pm

At this point I'm going Wong and Luki to Galvin and Lussick. Leaves me 207k in the bank for buying guns in the next 2 weeks.

Full team:
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:29 pm

Aardvark wrote:Just realised that I can go Wong and Luki to TeMay and Lussick with not much to spare

Means snoozing on Galvin for another week but.....it does add some respectability to a pretty ropey looking interchange bench this week (I'm backing Lussick to score more that Galvin this round)

By my, admittedly half arsed, calcs both Lussick and Galvin will go up by more or less the same if they score 45 & 35 respectively.

Have plenty of options to swap for Galvin next week....anyone want to venture any thoughts against this plan of attack?

Looking at doing something similar just with Mcinnes out instead of Luki.

I'll also be looking at getting Galvin the week after.

Just feels like so much value there with Lussick and May.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:30 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:With sensible head on, Cotter is a better buy than May this week, right? Right?

We're selling Roosters forwards for a reason. May a total gun on the field but if he's not starting - and that'll be week to week, it always is with Roosters - could just as easily get 30 as 60 with Robbo and four guys who can play middle on the bench?

If he *was* starting, I'd go May for sure, but now...

People were interested in May last week, when he had never started a first grade game in his life.

Not sure how he is no longer a buy, when he is in the same situation he was 4 days ago - and people thought he was worth it then
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:30 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:With sensible head on, Cotter is a better buy than May this week, right? Right?

We're selling Roosters forwards for a reason. May a total gun on the field but if he's not starting - and that'll be week to week, it always is with Roosters - could just as easily get 30 as 60 with Robbo and four guys who can play middle on the bench?

If he *was* starting, I'd go May for sure, but now...

Cotter has a defined role and is priced close to his floor. May COULD still end up as a 30 minute bench player (although I don't think that is likely anymore and will be bringing him in)
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:30 pm

Aardvark wrote:Just realised that I can go Wong and Luki to TeMay and Lussick with not much to spare

Means snoozing on Galvin for another week but.....it does add some respectability to a pretty ropey looking interchange bench this week (I'm backing Lussick to score more that Galvin this round)

By my, admittedly half arsed, calcs both Lussick and Galvin will go up by more or less the same if they score 45 & 35 respectively.

Have plenty of options to swap for Galvin next week....anyone want to venture any thoughts against this plan of attack?

I think I’d probably do it that way. I definitely think Galvin is a good thing, but could be in for a rough week this week. So if you’re looking for the one most likely to go up the least amount of cash he’s probably the one.
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:31 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Cotter has a defined role and is priced close to his floor. May COULD still end up as a 30 minute bench player (although I don't think that is likely anymore and will be bringing him in)

So what case are you trying to make lol!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:32 pm

King Assassin wrote:

So what case are you trying to make lol!

Cotter will probably outscore May between now and origin for ~45k more

I already own Cotter and am trading in May
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:35 pm

whall15 wrote:

I get the vibe that Robbo didn't like him defensively, he didn't get a lot of minutes, and in the minutes he had, Robbo ended up swapping him to defend on the left next to Tupouniua with Collins playing at right back row in defence

I thought Sitili would be dropped this week because Manly had an absolute field day on our left edge. Keary and Sitili got destroyed. Wong's probably dropped because he played 2RF like a damned centre
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:36 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Cotter will probably outscore May between now and origin for ~45k more

I already own Cotter and am trading in May

Cotter might outscore by a few points but may will make more cash, in a slow starting season. Fair play though having both, I went 2 gun middles to start the season which is probably gonna bite me in the ass now cause I have to miss out on Cotter or May.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:36 pm

Moretti is an interesting one. He has a mammoth PPM but I am expecting him to play a Greig role and play to first 20 minutes before taking a break for the rest of the game

I am thinking of making no trades as I am only set on trading Wong at the moment and i cannot workout who to bring in for 530k or less.

McIntyre's BE is 26 and he may enter the rotation ahead of Granville again - I am still holding out for Schuster's saved trade too and reluctant to trade in Brbojevic as a result as I have already missed a lot of price rise

The only downside of no trades would mean that I would be playing one of Hughes, Cotric or Mcintyre in my 17
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:38 pm

mickspicks wrote:Tempted by Mann bounce

I'm a man.

jocolor
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:46 pm

Milchcow wrote:

People were interested in May last week, when he had never started a first grade game in his life.

Not sure how he is no longer a buy, when he is in the same situation he was 4 days ago - and people thought he was worth it then

Group overthink could be a kicker at this rate.

Agree entirely with your comments. Tmay is a lock if you don’t have him and throw the keys.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:49 pm

TU Luki to Lussick
    TD Luki to Terrell May
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:50 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Didn't say he wasn't a buy, was asking who is the better buy between him and Cotter.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:50 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:

Group overthink could be a kicker at this rate.

Agree entirely with your comments. Tmay is a lock if you don’t have him and throw the keys.

Tmay is a prop.
    Granville is a lock
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:58 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Tmay is a prop.
    Granville is an 80 min lock
    With a giant cock

Fixed it

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:59 pm

I'm concerned for Wighton when he plays the Cowboys, if he tries to bite down on Granville's arm in the tackle without realizing that's not his arm he's sinking his teeth into
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:01 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I'd put lots of money on this.

I'd probably also put money on Haas strapping up the knee and running out on thursday.

Can we get an update from Joel Caine

Joel's put alot of weight on.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:01 pm

Every year I start fantasy so shit and am playing catchup for the rest of the season. Somehow I've avoided most of the fires this year and even lucked into starting with Hosking. Sitting at 11k rank right now but hoping I can make a charge while other teams are consolidating. Fully expecting to balls it up. Anyway JMK and Wong out, Lussick and May in

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:15 am