NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ?

Finch
    Finch

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ? - Page 42 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ?

Post by Finch Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:09 am

Loomer wrote:Is what I've seen correct?

1. Cotter training and expected to play
    2. Papy to miss a month due to concussion from fall after jumping for high ball

Where did you see the Papy news?

Haven't seen it anywhere, plus don't know how they can say "out for a month" from a month out for something like concussion
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ? - Page 42 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ?

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:11 am

Finch wrote:

Where did you see the Papy news?

Haven't seen it anywhere, plus don't know how they can say "out for a month" from a month out for something like concussion

I'll edit as posted previously that looks like I fell for someone genuine posting fake NRL Physio Twitter account. Can't believe anyone sad enough to go to that trouble
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:12 am

Loomer wrote:

I'll edit as posted previously that looks like I fell for someone genuine posting fake NRL Physio Twitter account. Can't believe anyone sad enough to go to that trouble

Fair enough. Probably just delete it lol
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:12 am

Loomer wrote:

Bugger looks like fake NRL physio account someone in messenger group posted screenshot. My bad

Hopefully that being fake doesn’t mean Cotter being fit is fake

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ? - Page 42 Giphy
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 am

Camo123 wrote:

Hopefully that being fake doesn’t mean Cotter being fit is fake

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ? - Page 42 Giphy

That was from someone else. Haven't seen anything on Cowboys forum yet but we're only going on Physio suspecting he's out
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:27 am

This isn't good Surprised I was already down 2 fullbacks with Walsh and Paps out. Desperate times call for desperate measures. You're gone Cleary. You too show pony.

Edwards in, with Cleary out. And welcome to the side HTF.

Bench is Levi, Duncan (big minutes this week), Salmon, Hughes ....Whelp.

Ya gotta laugh at this game.

Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:40 am

Rabbit wrote:This isn't good Surprised I was already down 2 fullbacks with Walsh and Paps out. Desperate times call for desperate measures. You're gone Cleary. You too show pony.

Edwards in, with Cleary out. And welcome to the side HTF.

Bench is Levi, Duncan (big minutes this week), Salmon, Hughes ....Whelp.

Ya gotta laugh at this game.

I would imagine every man and his dog will be playing Salmon and Hughes in 17 this week. I got stuck with Hughes score last round with Chan out
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:46 am

wolfking wrote:

For the bursa, can't they give him a cortisone shot for it to release the fluid sac?

Yeah usually start with oral anti-inflammatories but good chance he'll have fluid drained and an injection to help settle it. I've had it before. wasn't a big deal
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:47 am

I'm normally a fairly aggressive trader, but I think in this case, depending on your team, you could make a case for holding Cleary. I'm going to assume, for the sake of the argument, that Cleary is out for three weeks (2 weeks for hammy + 1 week for bye).

I have 600k itb, and I have Moses who is a 100% sell. I also have Cleary, so I could absolutely sell both and bring in two guns this week. Let's say I bring in Hynes, I then have 1329k left. It's not like I can bring in a 1300k guy averaging 93. I'll be leaving money on the pine whether it's via cash itb, or via Cleary sitting in reserves. So the argument that it's too much cash to be leaving on the pine doesn't really stack up, for my team at least. Same argument applies for guns other than Hynes, like Yeo. Also they both have their own bye in the next three weeks.

The second point, is that my team is particularly crap. I want to likely get rid of Moses, Sitili, Wong, Kini, Levi.  And not too far behind them are probably Burbo, Strange, Flano, Salmon and Chan. I think it's fair to say I'll be max trading for the next three weeks that Cleary is out. Now in three weeks time I would rather be looking at a team with six of those guys gone and Cleary in it, versus only five of those guys gone and no Cleary.

Obviously most of you are fortunate enough to not have Moses, and selling Cleary makes sense, but I don't think it does for me.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:54 am

Loomer wrote:

I would imagine every man and his dog will be playing Salmon and Hughes in 17 this week. I got stuck with Hughes score last round with Chan out

Yeah Salmon will make a cameo
    Trading Hughes to Finefeuiaki...
    but will still need to play either Levi or Strange as well
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:57 am

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:01 am

Mulvy wrote:I'm normally a fairly aggressive trader, but I think in this case, depending on your team, you could make a case for holding Cleary. I'm going to assume, for the sake of the argument, that Cleary is out for three weeks (2 weeks for hammy + 1 week for bye).

I have 600k itb, and I have Moses who is a 100% sell. I also have Cleary, so I could absolutely sell both and bring in two guns this week. Let's say I bring in Hynes, I then have 1329k left. It's not like I can bring in a 1300k guy averaging 93. I'll be leaving money on the pine whether it's via cash itb, or via Cleary sitting in reserves. So the argument that it's too much cash to be leaving on the pine doesn't really stack up, for my team at least. Same argument applies for guns other than Hynes, like Yeo. Also they both have their own bye in the next three weeks.

The second point, is that my team is particularly crap. I want to likely get rid of Moses, Sitili, Wong, Kini, Levi.  And not too far behind them are probably Burbo, Strange, Flano, Salmon and Chan. I think it's fair to say I'll be max trading for the next three weeks that Cleary is out. Now in three weeks time I would rather be looking at a team with six of those guys gone and Cleary in it, versus only five of those guys gone and no Cleary.

Obviously most of you are fortunate enough to not have Moses, and selling Cleary makes sense, but I don't think it does for me.

I don't have Moses but I do have 380k cash before trades this week so selling Cleary is overkill for me as well. My plan is to trade Wong and Sitili for KPP and IKat, and then use my remaining 295k to sell Flanagan to Ponga next week
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:01 am

Mulvy wrote:I'm normally a fairly aggressive trader, but I think in this case, depending on your team, you could make a case for holding Cleary. I'm going to assume, for the sake of the argument, that Cleary is out for three weeks (2 weeks for hammy + 1 week for bye).

If Hynes didn't have the bye next week or Haas was available I would have probably sold Cleary, but atm, like yourself, I rather spend my trades clearing some duds
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:03 am

This is how I'm leaning too - trade Moses and hold Cleary. Don't trust my captain options at the moment though and struggling with who to get as the only captains that I do trust are Yeo or Hynes, who both have byes coming up.

Might just go Koro with him being on the up and hope the Tigers are a real team this year.

Should forget about it until tonight anyway as no doubt there is more carnage coming.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:04 am

Alot here don't have Walsh ?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:09 am

I will probably trade Cleary, with the view of getting Hynes in after the bye.
    I feel Cleary will miss at least the next 3, so fine to not have him on the pine.

Can play Fogarty + Galvin in the halves for 2 weeks, so don't necessarily need to trade Cleary to a half, can just go for the best value out there in any position - just need a plan for bringing Hynes in - possibly for Smithies depending on what happens over next 2 weeks
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:17 am

Who needs Cleary anyway, my top scorers for each round so far:

Round 1: Hosking 69 points
    Round 2: Hosking 93 points
    Round 3: Kiraz 96 89 points
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:20 am

Chewie wrote:Who needs Cleary anyway, my top scorers for each round so far:

Round 1: Hosking 69 points
    Round 2: Hosking 93 points
    Round 3: Kiraz 96 89 points

Spoiler:
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 am

Do we know if Cleary tore his same hammy as last year? If so, it could be a super conservative recovery. It's probably already going to be super conservative, but if it's the same hammy then he's going to be on ice some extra.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:31 am

mickspicks wrote:

Smithies bench with Big Red starting lock Evil or Very Mad
    Ricky has said Smithies will be his lock, even when Horse returns. If you can’t trust Ricky then who can you trust?

Last edited by The Pascoe Fiasco on Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:01 am