NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ?

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ? - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ?

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:31 am

I would imagine every man and his dog will be playing Salmon and Hughes in 17 this week. I got stuck with Hughes score last round with Chan out

I've played Salmon every week, and will do so again.

But, barring any more surprises, have 18 available this week before making any trades, so Hughes can safely sit in the poolhop
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ? - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ?

Post by mickspicks Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:32 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Ricky has said Smithies will be his lock, even when Horse returns. If you can’t trust Ricky thenvwho can you trust?

Oh I know. It was in response to what don't you want to see on TLT. That would be the ultimate kick in the dick.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:34 am

Milchcow wrote:

But, barring any more surprises, have 18 available this week before making any trades, so Hughes can safely sit in the poolhop

Hughes and Levi will be safely in my NPRs this week (unless of course Hughes does something special on Good Friday). My squad is very good Coffee

Narrator: his squad isn't very good

I may trade Levi to Galvin tbh.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:36 am

Milchcow wrote:
    I will probably trade Cleary, with the view of getting Hynes in after the bye.
    I feel Cleary will miss at least the next 3, so fine to not have him on the pine.

Can play Fogarty + Galvin in the halves for 2 weeks, so don't necessarily need to trade Cleary to a half, can just go for the best value out there in any position - just need a plan for bringing Hynes in - possibly for Smithies depending on what happens over next 2 weeks

Might do the same re Hynes after the bye.

Bring in Dylbags this week, bank a little cash and then use Cook or Hosking for Hynes in 2 weeks.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:49 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    mickspicks wrote:

Smithies bench with Big Red starting lock Evil or Very Mad
    Ricky has said Smithies will be his lock, even when Horse returns. If you can’t trust Ricky then who can you trust?

There's also a difference between "starting lock" and "scoring enough fantasy points to want to keep in my team"

I am not sure Smithies is a season keeper, so if I can trade Cleary to Dylbags (or someone like Carrigan/Yeo) then Smithies to Hynes in 2 weeks that is probably a good result for my team
    SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

Post by SaveTheCheerleader Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:54 am

Cartwright out for a month, RIP if you have Moses, Carty and Cleary.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:55 am

Milchcow wrote:

There's also a difference between "starting lock" and "scoring enough fantasy points to want to keep in my team"

I am not sure Smithies is a season keeper, so if I can trade Cleary to Dylbags (or someone like Carrigan/Yeo) then Smithies to Hynes in 2 weeks that is probably a good result for my team
    All I care is that Smithies plays this week. Future trading is so dangerous, but basically I’ll trade just about anyone to bring Cleary back in if I trade him.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:56 am

Milchcow wrote:I am not sure Smithies is a season keeper, so if I can trade Cleary to Dylbags (or someone like Carrigan/Yeo) then Smithies to Hynes in 2 weeks that is probably a good result for my team

Agreed. He's a low 40's guy by the looks. He's not going to play 80 with Hors back and Whitehead in the team.. Hosking's is going too well at the moment to not play big mins so Rick loves Whitehead too much to leave him out altogether, so he will use him in the middle.

Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:56 am

SaveTheCheerleader wrote:Cartwright out for a month, RIP if you have Moses, Carty and Cleary.

Captain Hoppy this week for sure.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:56 am

Weiland wrote:

Yeah, that would suck. As frustrating as the carnage is, it is kind of fun. And making the right moves can make a huge impact on your season.

I agree with this. It will be interesting to see what approach everyone takes. Maybe your mids are the weak spot. Perhaps you go for that gun wfb. Some will want to upgrade a center already. And finally some will park Cleary in the 18-21 with the other 3 not really making as much $$ as we would have liked.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:13 am

Teamlists can't come soon enough.

With Pap, Chan, and Grant on bye.

Walsh and Wong trade outs.

I will be keeping Cleary at this week, I have the cash from Haas last week to upgrade Walsh to Tedesco and Wong to either Koro or Fog.

Then I have my wealth of fucked..

Sitili, Bostock, Hughes, Levi, Taafe, Seyfarth and Salmon... All playing this week
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:13 am

Mulvy wrote:I'm normally a fairly aggressive trader, but I think in this case, depending on your team, you could make a case for holding Cleary. I'm going to assume, for the sake of the argument, that Cleary is out for three weeks (2 weeks for hammy + 1 week for bye).

I have 600k itb, and I have Moses who is a 100% sell. I also have Cleary, so I could absolutely sell both and bring in two guns this week. Let's say I bring in Hynes, I then have 1329k left. It's not like I can bring in a 1300k guy averaging 93. I'll be leaving money on the pine whether it's via cash itb, or via Cleary sitting in reserves. So the argument that it's too much cash to be leaving on the pine doesn't really stack up, for my team at least. Same argument applies for guns other than Hynes, like Yeo. Also they both have their own bye in the next three weeks.

The second point, is that my team is particularly crap. I want to likely get rid of Moses, Sitili, Wong, Kini, Levi.  And not too far behind them are probably Burbo, Strange, Flano, Salmon and Chan. I think it's fair to say I'll be max trading for the next three weeks that Cleary is out. Now in three weeks time I would rather be looking at a team with six of those guys gone and Cleary in it, versus only five of those guys gone and no Cleary.

Obviously most of you are fortunate enough to not have Moses, and selling Cleary makes sense, but I don't think it does for me.

Sound argument for holding Cleary in your team Mulvy.
    I purchased Hynes last week with Haas $, so Cleary gets bumped for Yeo.
    (Swapping gun Half & Middle players). I'll probably burn 2 more trades swapping the originals back in once they are fit / healthy.
    If I was sitting on Mose & Cleary, I'd definitely hold Cleary for his 3 weeks.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:17 am

carnage continues

EDIT: unsure why embed not working

Brendan Piakura has limped out of Broncos training putting him in doubt for Friday's game against the Cowboys. Jaiyden Hunt jumped in for Piakura. Corey Oates also spent some time training in the backrow and could be in the 17.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:18 am

I think I can understand holding Cleary if you’ve just traded Haas given that’s 4 trades on guys you’ll want in the end

For me, with no Haas I feel I need the Cleary cash to upgrade elsewhere and could potentially use Murray/Cotter as makeweight as Origin sells
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:18 am

my tv broke wrote:carnage continues

Brendan Piakura has limped out of Broncos training putting him in doubt for Friday's game against the Cowboys. Jaiyden Hunt jumped in for Piakura. Corey Oates also spent some time training in the backrow and could be in the 17.

JFC
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 am

I wasn’t going to sell Cleary but then i thought if I did all I have to do is ensure there is about 350 -400k ITB so that upon his return in week 8 (he isn’t playing next week, then the bye, then surely he isn’t risked against the mighty Tigers) I can upgrade any number of under performers. I have one trade left so Cleary to just about anyone seems like a good idea ti avoid having to play Shoes or Levi!
    Edit. This Piakura +/-Cotter will now make it mandatory!

Last edited by The Pascoe Fiasco on Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:20 am

my tv broke wrote:carnage continues

That’s perfectly ok. I’ve got Tups to slot straight in there Rolling Eyes and Hughes/Levi fighting it out for the final spot. cheer
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:21 am

This week is some kind of sick joke at this point.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:25 am

ForanAgainst wrote:

That’s perfectly ok. I’ve got Tups to slot straight in there Rolling Eyes and Hughes/Levi fighting it out for the final spot. cheer

Similar boat for me, Tups gets the call-up into the starting 13 and Duncan's Shoes fills out the final bench spots for a massive combined score of 25.
    cheer
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:26 am

Milchcow wrote:

Haha, I keep seeing comments like that thinking surely I can’t be the only one playing Salmon every week, at this stage of the season. He even got promoted to my starting 13 last week. But yeah, definitely in my starting 17 every week. Embarassed

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:56 am