NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:09 pm

Im confused, isn’t ‘victim mentality’ like whinging about how ya can’t do & say what you want anymore cause society has moved on? There oughta be an investigation!

Keeping Piakura for now Chan gone now
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:10 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Pippy Longstocking ?

:troll: lol!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:10 pm

I'm rollercoasting here, can't keep up. I'm likely to post something well meaning soon, that will come across terribly in the current context.

Basically like all my posts.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:10 pm

RandomSil wrote:

And you do it better than all of us.

Wrong:
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Don't think that's a bait. As a fairly new parent of 2 boys myself, going to public funded events (library reading classes, music etc) I was shocked that they now encourage welcome to country at the start of every class and teach tolerance to 1 year olds and up. This isn't education it's indoctrinating them with a victim mentality which ultimately will set them up to fail in life. I don't know anyone who did anything great by making excuses their whole lives. Shit is getting out of control.
    Rabbits will agree with you at least. At our primary school the diocese aboriginal liason person acknowledged that not one child (or family) acknowledged themselves as being Aboriginal but we do it at every assembly /gathering. I really don’t get why or how it started but I really don’t care, it doesn’t do any harm to anyone.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 pm

RandomSil wrote:

I don't normally weigh in on this shit, but how hard up are you that 30 second welcome to country when you're sitting on a plane, or attending an event are ya? I mean I can loan you a twenty mate.

As far as golf goes, I played Lee Carvallos Putting Challenge once.

You are all missing the point. It's not where it starts, its where it ends. How many groups need sorrys and how often? There is a reason the voice didn't get up. Welcome to countries and the ESG push have lost a lot of traction is my profession thankfully. Few more changes in governments around the world and it will be forgotten in a decade.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:13 pm

Mulvy wrote:I'm rollercoasting here, can't keep up. I'm likely to post something well meaning soon, that will come across terribly in the current context.

Basically like all my posts.

I'm offended by this post, you make it entirely about yourself.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:14 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Don't think that's a bait. As a fairly new parent of 2 boys myself, going to public funded events (library reading classes, music etc) I was shocked that they now encourage welcome to country at the start of every class and teach tolerance to 1 year olds and up. This isn't education it's indoctrinating them with a victim mentality which ultimately will set them up to fail in life. I don't know anyone who did anything great by making excuses their whole lives. Shit is getting out of control.

I try not to get involved with stuff outside of Fantasy here because I believe I would be a heavy lead balloon (as I found out early in the covid days), but 100% agree with you on this. My kids go to before and after school care and even have to do some welcome to country rubbish before they start the after school care session.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:14 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Nrl360 were raving about his game at CTR tonight and showing highlights.  

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 19 Tell-us-more-willy-wonka

Highlights you say? Media beat up you say? Count me in!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:14 pm

Regulator wrote:The good thing with the salary style fantasy game is there's complete parity, no draft luck factor.

In NBA last few seasons, getting the 1 pick and Jokic is such a huge advantage, snake draft absolutely does not compensate.

Fun fact, back in the day in fantasy NHL they literally split Gretzky into two people because he broke the game so badly. You could draft either Gretzky goals or Gretzky assists.

NFL with auction draft is the ultimate for me. Gives you the fun of a draft, but is completely balanced.

That's so cool, split in half lol !
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:15 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Holy shit!

Mind blown.

Also, what's an ATAR?
    Wasn’t an ATAR 64 some kind of old games console?
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:15 pm

Revraiser wrote:

That's so cool, split in half lol !

How long is half a granville?

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:16 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I think if you have other more pressing issues, waiting on KPP is fine. This week and next week's price are both likely to be in the category of "needs to be a keeper to justify trade-in", in which case, waiting a week, for further evidence that he is indeed a keeper, is perfectly acceptable.

Yeah, I actually reversed trades in that manner as I tend to agree. If KPP does put up another 40-ish there's probably more important directions I need to be headed in.

Hoping I can just enjoy an Eel in my team, hopefully doing nice things.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:17 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Extremely fucking large.

My drives range from a topped ball going 4m to a 280m bomb

Wow almost as high as a Matt Burton bomb. You know the commentators really don't acknowledge that enough.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:18 pm

Early thoughts are looking like Kini and Wong out for Galvin and Carrigan or maybe Hoppo.

Could toss Piakura or Chan instead but would have to go cheaper than Carrigan.

Hard to know out if the 3 which should go first.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:19 pm

Omfg - I've been referring to the 'priced at' section of MTB's as a players BE out of habit. F*#k the world, start the day again pls

Last edited by Revraiser on Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:20 pm

lukeayee wrote:

You are all missing the point. It's not where it starts, it’s where it ends. How many groups need sorrys and how often? There is a reason the voice didn't get up. Welcome to countries and the ESG push have lost a lot of traction is my profession thankfully. Few more changes in governments around the world and it will be forgotten in a decade.

Probably just the one group that we fucked over pretty consistently for 240 years I’d say.

I do concede the welcome to country is probably overdone but same with the national anthem and the recent need to introduce ‘formalities’ at the start of everything. It’s not that big a deal to sit through these intrusions unless you’re a massive snowflake.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:21 pm

lukeayee wrote:

You are all missing the point. It's not where it starts, its where it ends. How many groups need sorrys and how often? There is a reason the voice didn't get up. Welcome to countries and the ESG push have lost a lot of traction is my profession thankfully. Few more changes in governments around the world and it will be forgotten in a decade.

An Acknowledgement of Country (not a Welcome to Country, that is a different thing) isn't a slippery slope to anything, settle down mate.

I do agree that it can get quite repetitive when every event has one, but that's mostly because most people stick to the standard script (which is entirely understandable because most people in Australia just don't know enough about Indigenous issues to go off-script well, myself included).

Spending 30 seconds or whatever doing an Acknowledgement of Country really doesn't matter as much as you think it does, there are far bigger problems to be wasting your mental energy on. There's no grand PC conspiracy or anything like that.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:22 pm

ytsb wrote:

Can't wait to reply in earnest to this and then get a Fishing in response, so I won't. Flogging a dead horse, but you've just made two offhanded assumptions about the three? teachers on here that are objectively wrong (pepp Snatch's chess channel). I don't need to make any assumptions to know that your idea of success is a high salary and a name on a plaque, and not someone with strong character and integrity that builds people up and doesn't tear people down. Do better mate, I only piped up because I'm tired of coming home and reading some entree about your team's trades with a main course of being a dickhead to matt or rabbits21.

Can u incorporate this into a spreadsheet of some sort pls
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:22 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Nrl360 were raving about his game at CTR tonight and showing highlights. He is going to have a go like Galvin does. Interestingly they were team mates in the halves at the same high school and are playing each other this week.

I wasn't on the forum on Sunday at all and I assume it was discussed at the time, but that try where he purposely went over Turbo rather than around him was the highlight of my weekend. Probably year (of NRL so far), to be fair.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:58 am