NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

ytsb
    ytsb

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:29 am

Maybe if you don't have to play 2-3 of Strange, Burbo, Salmon, Hughes, Levi (name your shitto) then Blaize as a trade in carries significantly less risk. The issue is that you're trading points by trading in two "guns" for cash, that might not work out. 29 average is required to make 150k, but Blaize looked involved enough at centre on the weekend and chopping and changing the Eel's 5/8 seems unlikely.

My current conundrum is whether to put the foot down and field a relatively sturdy team that scores many points in a week that many can't (trade in two of KPP, Turbo, DBrown, Koro) or pick one of those and Blaize.

The Blaize conundrum becomes more apparent if trading out Cleary. If Cleary misses these two rounds before the bye, he misses 6 rounds including his bye at R19. If Hynes doesn't play origin, he misses 2 before his bye in R20. I reckon Hynes scores more points in that time. I think trading Cleary and picking up Hynes after his bye, then bringing in Cleary before R20 might be the play. Bringing in Blaize gives you a stack of cash to facilitate this. I think that Levi, Burbo, Chan, Shoes, Strange are going no where in a hurry and might need to be traded in the coming weeks to get cash flow going. You really can only trade them to emerging cash cows, Blaize seems like one of them.

EDIT: I also think holding Cleary is a viable strat if you're gonna have most of his cash on the pine. If you're not using his cash, why trade him?

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

Last edited by ytsb on Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:31 am

blaze and api in for kini and chan gives me 16 (for now)

feels like end of season where i have no trades and bandaging the crew to get them through another round
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:32 am

mattnz wrote:For those looking at trading out Cleary, his dad says he may play next week in an interview today.
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/03/27/ivan-cleary-injuries-open-opportunities-for-others-to-shine/

"If he is fit to play, 100% he will next week".

I think that is a good example of why Ivan Cleary is such a good coach. If his best players are fit, he'll play them, especially if it's his own son. Inspirational stuff
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:34 am

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

I think that is a good example of why Ivan Cleary is such a good coach. If his best players are fit, he'll play them, especially if it's his own son. Inspirational stuff

Very different to him saying "nah we won't risk him, with the bye coming up, we will give him a decent rest".
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:35 am

if tino is fit next week he'll play too

ol vague ivan says about 20 seconds before that 'hopefully he'll only miss a couple of weeks'. so as usual its a fairly pointless interview.

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:36 am

Rabbit wrote:

"harden up, be a real tough man like us golfers" is a red hot take.

I mean, I play when I can - had to move my membership to 'country member' which was sad - but when I look around the clubhouse I don't think hyper macho. I think "wow there are a lot of really old boring rich guys here, I hope they don't try and talk to me". I certainly don't think they know anything about life because they chose to play a sport that cares about how neatly your trousers are ironed.

Rabbits21 feels things very strongly, it makes him somewhat annoying but nothing less of a man.

I played footy for 20+ years and had 37 amateur boxing bouts. Golf started at 30.

I know a sook when I see one.

You are one as well.

Grow up nerd.[/quote]

Just an observation Rabbits, the forum is definitely more "interesting" now you are back (or is it Slug?).
    As a high school teacher, I do appreciate the highbrow repartee of "sook", "nerd" and "harden up".

On a side note, I suck at golf, have never stepped into the ring for an official boxing bout, and only played junior league for a few years as a kid.
    None of which has anything to do with conversation on a Fantasy League forum.
    Please mate, calm down. No one is questioning your manhood, or life experience.

While Rabbits21 is indeed highly emotional, I find his posts entertaining. And ultimately, in a world where most of us are just trying to make the best of each day leading "lives of quiet desperation", this small corner of the internet is a welcome reprieve where we get to share our passion for an imaginary game with like-minded souls. It's a bit like the continuous pile-on of MattNZ, yes he chucks left-of-field advice and follows his patented POD strategy every year (and can brag if one of his PODs works), but is he really being that offensive?

As I said, I enjoy your wry sense of humour and that you seem to have genuine league knowledge, but the name calling is beneath you.

Sometimes you just gotta let the comments go through to the keeper mate.

Welcome
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:43 am

The Goat Boys wrote:What does everyone think of the knights this season?

Looking at bringing in either Turbo or Ponga.

Turbo seems the slightly safer go with the crowd pick.

I would back Ponga to score more points if the knights can fire like they did last year.

Any thoughts?

As a resident Knights tragic (although I have nowhere near the inside knowledge of PYTM), I've avoided Ponga for the early rounds.
    The Knights losing Dom was huge, he provided Ponga an attacking option on the right wing, which created space for him.
    Also, the Hastings stuff has bubbled up again, Cogger was originally in the Knights system so he was always going to be in the running to get the half spot. That changed the dynamic of the attack as well.

Ponga will lose value until the Knights get their attack sorted, late season run in-coming (again).
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:44 am

ShadowSabre wrote:I do wonder if Bellamy is priming to give Chan a run at 13 at some point.
    Loiero has looked pretty pants for them there a times in all 3 games. His hands let him down and he often runs the ball when a pass was 100% the better play, killing their attack.
    He has also thrown exactly zero offloads, which comparitively to other teams isnt great for your link man and makes him pretty one dimensional and predictable on attack

I would love to see Chan move to 13, he's got some mongrel unlike Plodiero.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:48 am

my tv broke wrote:if tino is fit next week he'll play too

ol vague ivan says about 20 seconds before that 'hopefully he'll only miss a couple of weeks'. so as usual its a fairly pointless interview.

Yeah this, Cleary ain't playing next week aye.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:48 am

ytsb wrote:Maybe if you don't have to play 2-3 of Strange, Burbo, Salmon, Hughes, Levi (name your shitto) then Blaize as a trade in carries significantly less risk. The issue is that you're trading points by trading in two "guns" for cash, that might not work out. 29 average is required to make 150k, but Blaize looked involved enough at centre on the weekend and chopping and changing the Eel's 5/8 seems unlikely.

My current conundrum is whether to put the foot down and field a relatively sturdy team that scores many points in a week that many can't (trade in two of KPP, Turbo, DBrown, Koro) or pick one of those and Blaize.

The Blaize conundrum becomes more apparent if trading out Cleary. If Cleary misses these two rounds before the bye, he misses 6 rounds including his bye at R19. If Hynes doesn't play origin, he misses 2 before his bye in R20. I reckon Hynes scores more points in that time. I think trading Cleary and picking up Hynes after his bye, then bringing in Cleary before R20 might be the play. Bringing in Blaize gives you a stack of cash to facilitate this. I think that Levi, Burbo, Chan, Shoes, Strange are going no where in a hurry and might need to be traded in the coming weeks to get cash flow going. You really can only trade them to emerging cash cows, Blaize seems like one of them.

EDIT: I also think holding Cleary is a viable strat if you're gonna have most of his cash on the pine. If you're not using his cash, why trade him?

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

I don't think there are any teams that are avoiding playing at least 2-3 of Strange, Burbo, Salmon, Hughes, Levi this week, the problem is that almost everyone is playing all of them or maybe getting 1 in a loop.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:50 am

sajjos wrote:Ponga seemed bit more involved in the last game without Hastings. He would probably want his origin jersey back so might see him full flight for the next few weeks.
    Turbo is definitely safer bet though.

noooo his hammy's can't take the weight!!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:56 am

Alright like everyone else planning on finalising trades.

Tedesco is in for Walsh.

Then who is a more pressing trade this week between T. May, Koroisau, Fogarty?

That gives a week to look at KPP, Blaize, and whoever else has value as then I can sideways trade shittos out hopefully
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:59 am

mattnz wrote:

I don't think there are any teams that are avoiding playing at least 2-3 of Strange, Burbo, Salmon, Hughes, Levi this week, the problem is that almost everyone is playing all of them or maybe getting 1 in a loop.

Should read 3-4.... If I got two guns I play Burbo (surely against the drags, right?) and Salmon.

Last edited by ytsb on Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:00 am

wolfking wrote:

Yeah this, Cleary ain't playing next week aye.  

I reckon there's no way he's playing next week. I'll hold still, for reasons already posted.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:00 am

What are the odds Fogarty becomes a season keeper.

Lets assume you trade Cleary out and/or you want to bring Hynes in soon.

Would a Fogarty to Hynes/Cleary trade before Canberra's bye be worth it or would it be too sideways.

Most of us have too many Canberra players so someone is going to have to go by then/ Fogarty one of the ones we keep?
    I think his final season average will be less than what it is now, so I am tempted to cash out - realising may be wrong and he may pump out 60s for the rest of the year.

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:05 am

I just can't bring in and captain someone who's not playing next week. Just can't. I would have considered Ni(c)ho or M(c)Innes, but I think it's going to have to be Big Ri(c)k.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:07 am

Probably blaze of glory for the other trade.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:08 am

Milchcow wrote:
    What are the odds Fogarty becomes a season keeper.

Lets assume you trade Cleary out and/or you want to bring Hynes in soon.

Would a Fogarty to Hynes/Cleary trade before Canberra's bye be worth it or would it be too sideways.

Most of us have too many Canberra players so someone is going to have to go by then/ Fogarty one of the ones we keep?
    I think his final season average will be less than what it is now, so I am tempted to cash out  - realising  may be wrong and he may pump out 60s for the rest of the year.

As someone who doesn't have him and wants to bring him in. I wouldn't take this risk. Rapana and Fog may be the only Raiders you want in 7 weeks time.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:11 am

RandomSil wrote:

As someone who doesn't have him and wants to bring him in. I wouldn't take this risk. Rapana and Fog may be the only Raiders you want in 7 weeks time.

Kris with his DPP has low-key got the viability to be a keeper 19th man.

Rapana you'll probably want to have traded at peak to one of the big fullbacks before the bye.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:12 am

Mulvy wrote:I just can't bring in and captain someone who's not playing next week.  Just can't.  I would have considered Ni(c)ho or M(c)Innes, but I think it's going to have to be Big Ri(c)k.

Yeah, I think this morning I'm back to cappo Carrigan.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:38 am