NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by Camo123 Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:13 am

Milchcow wrote:
    What are the odds Fogarty becomes a season keeper.

Lets assume you trade Cleary out and/or you want to bring Hynes in soon.

Would a Fogarty to Hynes/Cleary trade before Canberra's bye be worth it or would it be too sideways.

Most of us have too many Canberra players so someone is going to have to go by then/ Fogarty one of the ones we keep?
    I think his final season average will be less than what it is now, so I am tempted to cash out  - realising  may be wrong and he may pump out 60s for the rest of the year.

I think keep through first bye and sell in R14 bye would be ideal

This reverts to the point I made yesterday about the R13 half situation if Hynes is available and you have Fogarty and buy Brown
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:16 am

mattnz wrote:

I don't think there are any teams that are avoiding playing at least 2-3 of Strange, Burbo, Salmon, Hughes, Levi this week, the problem is that almost everyone is playing all of them or maybe getting 1 in a loop.

I can get down to playing 1 of those with 2 trades.

Pre-trades:

Coffee
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:16 am

ytsb wrote:Maybe if you don't have to play 2-3 of Strange, Burbo, Salmon, Hughes, Levi (name your shitto) then Blaize as a trade in carries significantly less risk. The issue is that you're trading points by trading in two "guns" for cash, that might not work out. 29 average is required to make 150k, but Blaize looked involved enough at centre on the weekend and chopping and changing the Eel's 5/8 seems unlikely.

My current conundrum is whether to put the foot down and field a relatively sturdy team that scores many points in a week that many can't (trade in two of KPP, Turbo, DBrown, Koro) or pick one of those and Blaize.

The Blaize conundrum becomes more apparent if trading out Cleary. If Cleary misses these two rounds before the bye, he misses 6 rounds including his bye at R19. If Hynes doesn't play origin, he misses 2 before his bye in R20. I reckon Hynes scores more points in that time. I think trading Cleary and picking up Hynes after his bye, then bringing in Cleary before R20 might be the play. Bringing in Blaize gives you a stack of cash to facilitate this. I think that Levi, Burbo, Chan, Shoes, Strange are going no where in a hurry and might need to be traded in the coming weeks to get cash flow going. You really can only trade them to emerging cash cows, Blaize seems like one of them.

EDIT: I also think holding Cleary is a viable strat if you're gonna have most of his cash on the pine. If you're not using his cash, why trade him?

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

Unfortunately, I am playing Strange, Burbo, Salmon, adding in Tups, and one of Hughes/Levi, so I’m content with the wait and see/miss approach with Blaize. Might be the wrong move, but it’s my choice really.

As mentioned in a previous post, I’ve done Cleary to Carrigan & should he drop out, I’ll be going Wong to KPP. $303k itb.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:17 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Kris with his DPP has low-key got the viability to be a keeper 19th man.

Rapana you'll probably want to have traded at peak to one of the big fullbacks before the bye.

Yeah one of Kris or Simmo when he bottoms out would be good cover to stash in the EMG.

I'm thinking of adding Guth and Campbell in the next couple of weeks, so Rapana will probably be involved in getting Cleary or Hynes before the Raiders bye if I can swing it.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:18 am

Some gr8 posts from @ytsb and @thebludger2
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:19 am

RandomSil wrote:Alright like everyone else planning on finalising trades.

Tedesco is in for Walsh.

Then who is a more pressing trade this week between T. May, Koroisau, Fogarty?

That gives a week to look at KPP, Blaize, and whoever else has value as then I can sideways trade shittos out hopefully

Koro's main appeal to me is his hooker position. Still not sold on his scoring, though I would probably trade him in and captain him if he wasn't playing in the last game.

May seems to have slightly more value, at slightly more risk vs Fog.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:19 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Kris with his DPP has low-key got the viability to be a keeper 19th man.

Rapana you'll probably want to have traded at peak to one of the big fullbacks before the bye.

Rapana is far less of a keeper then Fogarty is.

Rapana to Ponga could be a very cheap upgrade in a few weeks.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:36 am

ForanAgainst wrote:

Unfortunately, I am playing Strange, Burbo, Salmon, adding in Tups, and one of Hughes/Levi, so I’m content with the wait and see/miss approach with Blaize. Might be the wrong move, but it’s my choice really.

As mentioned in a previous post, I’ve done Cleary to Carrigan & should he drop out, I’ll be going Wong to KPP. $303k itb.

I have Wong in my starting edge praying for a late call up so I can field 17.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:37 am

Now that I have decided on Carrigan (today), gotta decide between Fogs or getting one of Turbo/Teddy. Fogs makes my diabolical halves situation a bit better but the other 2 are more capable of big scores.

I think the main thing is the Fantasy pedigree of the Turbo/Teddy over Fogs. I worry the Fogs form is too good to be true.
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:48 am

Mulvy wrote:

I have Wong in my starting edge praying for a late call up so I can field 17.

I'm in the same boat - either this or Rapana has some general soreness and needs a rest so Cotric can get another run
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:49 am

Ive been pretty lucky to only cop the Cleary & Piakura injuries, being able to field 17 before making any trades. I will still need to play 3 of Burbo, Strange, Salmon, Shoes and Levi, but I guess just about everyone is in the same boat.
    Team is strong enough to still do well if the Turbo captaincy backfires, so it's a relatively low risk punt (without the main captaincy options of Haas & Cleary in play)
    Will probably pick up the Blaze next week
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:52 am

RandomSil wrote:Alright like everyone else planning on finalising trades.

Tedesco is in for Walsh.

Then who is a more pressing trade this week between T. May, Koroisau, Fogarty?

That gives a week to look at KPP, Blaize, and whoever else has value as then I can sideways trade shittos out hopefully

I think they are all in the "get them this week or don't bother at all" category.

May - priced at 44, can probably average 55 the next few weeks and can be a keeper until probably at least R18, with Collins playing Origin in R13 and 16 when May will be available to play.

Koro - priced at 48, likely plays origin, missing R13,16,19. Probably a 55 average in an absolute best case scenario at Tigers, when looking at his Panthers stats.

Fog - priced at 51, plays 13 and 16, potential season keeper. Probably a 55 average when his kicking stats drop to anything at all normal for a dominant half and the Raiders lose a few more games.

Based on this, I'd say May, especially if looking to stay with the pack, as he has by far the highest ownership at 23%.

Also much harder to find that kind of value in his position for a keeper at that price.

Instead of Fog you could grab Brown next week, or Hynes after his bye after dropping in price.

Brailey will be a steal when he starts playing 80 minutes and can be played through the byes next to Brandon.

BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:52 am

GreenMachine wrote:I reckon they shouldn’t put a weekly limit on trades.

If I had unlimited trades but still just 32 left with the season I reckon I’d probably make 9 moves this week.

It highly unlikely that would be smart or play out well so would still be a strategic challenge but just give complete freedom to move.

Would teams converge to a template quicker we think? Most likely yes, but I bet the top 100 coaches at season end would still be some other group who were a bit more measured and reserved (and well timed not just early) with their moves.

You’d have all sorts going on with unlimited like people justifying to themselves (incorrectly) dropping Harry Grant this week on his bye and just bringing him back in next week because they’d still have 27 trades left.

Their goal is to have maximum engagement across the season. If they let everyone use their trades up in one week, the loose league fans (who only follow because of fantasy) would switch off after a few weeks when all trades are burnt 🙃
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:53 am

TheWeapon wrote:

I'm in the same boat - either this or Rapana has some general soreness and needs a rest so Cotric can get another run

Hate to disappoint, but first in line would be Stewart in that scenario.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:58 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

I can get down to playing 1 of those with 2 trades.

Pre-trades:

Coffee
    But will you trade them out over red dots?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:00 pm

mattnz wrote:
    TheWeapon wrote:

Hate to disappoint, but first in line would be Stewart in that scenario.

Long term, Stewart is likely the next fullback.

But specifically this week if someone drops out it will be Cotric (or Weekes) coming in, as Stewart wasn't in the 21 named
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:04 pm

mattnz wrote:
    But will you trade them out over red dots?

Might not trade at all but just saying it was possible haha.

It is pretty tricky as I've max traded so far so would be nice to save a trade or two, but plenty of juicy trade in options.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:06 pm

I wouldn't want to do 9 trades this week, or 4 every week, but it's definitely broken in its setup and limitation.
    A week like this week, I need to make more than two trades, it's frustrating. We have players dropping like flies, and can't even be rewarded for taking more risk if that's how u play.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:11 pm

Hearing all this talk of looping Shittos takes me back to last round where I thought I was so clever putting Strange in the loop with Shoes and starting Kini. In then end they all scored less than 20, what a waste of energy thinking about it lol.

Last edited by BBowler on Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:15 pm

BBowler wrote:Hearing all this talk of looping Shittostakes me back to last round where I thought I was so clever putting Strange in the loop with Shoes and starting Kini. In then end they all scored less than 20, what a waste of energy thinking about it lol.

I did the same, then Chan was out and got Strange anyway. Then Burbo rolled the fuck up.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:47 am