NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

Post by Chewie Mon 1 Apr 2024 - 21:52

Sorry for the delay, I may or may not have been banned for posting wooden spoons during the GIF party  Razz

RECAP NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 22

- Dragons vs Sea Eagles forum commentary part 2 (page 1-7)
    - Titans vs Phins live forum commentary (page 7-12)
    - JC not delivering (page 13)
    - 50 Standard Issues (page 14)
    - Cleary to return after the bye (page 17)
    - Carribean Cola (page 18,19)
    - Warriors vs Knights live forum commentary (page 18-22)
    - Johnston's hamstring tear (page 20)
    - Sharks vs Raiders (page 23-32)
    - Levi the try scoring Gremlin (page 24)
    - Hosking HIA CAT 1 (page 28)
    - Lack of scores being posted (page 33)
    - Too many raiders spoil the broth (page 34-37)
    - footystatistics BE page updated (page 39)
    - Shoes likely to start with Preston out (page 42)
    - Eels vs Tigers live forum commentary (page 43-49)
    - End of round scores being posted (page 50-52)
    - Tiger GIF party (page 51-53)
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

Post by ForanAgainst Mon 1 Apr 2024 - 22:09

Score of 820 sees me move from 36256 to 9570. Definitely beyond happy with that, but definitely ever so slightly worried(not panicked) about next round. I don’t have a player the caliber of Yeo/Carrigan/Grant/Fogarty or the like to captain. I’ve considered May, but if the Roosters put on a score, there’s not much tackling for him to do. My next thought was Ponga, but seeing how well Turbo went against the Dragons has put me off that idea. Therefore, I’m likely to go with a pod captain choice, who does have a three digit score against this week’s opponent, and I think an 80 point average, historically, plus he’s had a week off so he’ll definitely be well rested.

I’ve yet to look at trades, but I may need to rid myself of Tups for Talagi and then I’ll have to see what I can do for trade two.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon 1 Apr 2024 - 22:17

Teeth Eater wrote:Well that game was a bit sad. That's the Eels, I guess, though.

Tried to skim through a bit, but didn't read all the previous pages so not sure if stuff might have been raised. Big issue, I thought, with the Eels tonight seemed to be that they didn't have a designated kicker. Hold on a sec, just a quick filter - Brown (222m), Gutho (116m), Lussick (52m) and Talagi (31m). Two things about that is it's not a lot of KM overall, and although Brown is the dominant kicker, it's not by much. Just looking at Tigers, Sezer kicked more than Brown and Gutho combined and Api had his fair share too. So maybe the split not too concerning. I dunno, just seemed that a lot of Eels sets seemed to "fizzle" quite meekly, several times without the ball finding a boot. Moses is a big out, but very particularly for his kicking game.

Anyway, enough Eels sadness.

I'm going to be rolling out Hutch/Strange in my halves this week too, which is already something I'm dying to try out. Thank goodness I went for Talagi this week or I'd need a HLF or CTR, which wouldn't have been a bad thing, actually, as it may have forced my hand to pick up Fogarty. Or Brown.

Sorry I didn't get to reply to your reply @Rabbits21 in the last thread, but if you remember it... actually, hold on, I'll try to find it...

Great wrap up mate but no Seb Kris wow!

I’m wondering now if it’s too late to get Fog he will be at like 730-735k wondering if Dylbags is a better option.

Ricky will defs make changes. I’m wondering if he’s gonna move Kris to FB. Schiller and Savage will be dropped I reckon he was seething at the presser.

Yeah mate, no Kris for me. I do understand the DPP appeal, and maybe if he was under 300K I could be swayed, but he's personally not my cup of tea when it comes to Fantasy. Not someone I'd consider. I prefer my spuds with different names but similar output.

Dylbags definitely an option and I may still go that way. Just love Fogarty's reliability. If I brought him in it'd be as a keeper and 735K doesn't seem bad at all for someone that looks so solid. I like solid.

In light of the Galvin news and probably a lot of people needing Strange in their halves, wouldn't it be a hoot if Ricky named Weekes this week and dropped Strange? Sure, he was one of their best players last night, but Ricky Stuart, is Ricky Stuart.

Anyway, quick glance at today's scorecard;

Hopgod - sweet christ, what a score. Wish that was in my team.

Gutho - only have two fullbacks at the moment for this week and Tuaupiki; could he become Gutho? I don't hate it. At his price, probably edges out other options at the minute.

Brown - also incredibly tempting. I have owned him a few times in Fantasy and it seems the time is right again. Plus I do love having Eels in my Fantasy team. Only problem is if I went with these two, that's no KPP again. Or Fog. Going to need to do some pie = MC squared type equations to figure out which to prioritise. Or, because I'm a numbat, I'll have to hope dumb luck is on my side.

Lane - finally! I guess he did have a good game in him this year. I wonder if any one that owned him had jumped off by now anyway.

Uto - 53 in 53 mins. He's on some lips and I understand why. Probably too risky for me at that price, though.

Galvin - thankfully only one Shark and one Panther (Cleary, for now), in my team, so hoping I can avoid too much carnage with this. lol, shit, just realise that if I hold Cleary and Piakura, plus Hynes and Galvin, best case scenario is I'm playing Hughes and Levi again this week (and Salmon and Strange and Lussick and Smithies and Sitili and Burbo and Chan - can't trade them all out!)... worst case, there's other outs and I'm playing less than 17 again. These are tough times.  

Olam - thought he'd be on more (43) with the two tries but I still don't dislike him as an option this year.

Fainu - great PPM. Looks like he might have been a pretty decent pick up a couple of weeks ago.

Koro - popular pick this week. Punted Levi for him in SC and VSDT... thankfully not here. I guess this is where I see him at most weeks, but still, 100% better than Lussuck. Man I'm crafty.

Sezer - shit, didn't I see he finished on 44 in one of my H2H exchanges? Solid drop (37), as seems to be the trend. For his price, I don't absolutely hate him as an option, especially over the next couple of weeks. But how on earth anyone would find a place for him with all the other options is impossible to imagine.

Seyfarth - I remember that time I traded him in, he had a shit week, and I traded him out the week after and now he's had two extremely solid weeks since. I never, ever do shit like that and I'd love to hear myself explain to myself why I had to do it in this case. Now I just watch this absolute goldmine from the sidelines. lol, but still pretty seriously cut.

Sivo - if I'm not mistaken I brought him into my Draft squad this week for someone injured. Okay, I guess.

Talagi - I like the update (30 to 34) - just looks nicer. Actually thought he was due a few more after I watched the game too. I really hope he holds his spot. I actually thought he looked pretty decent apart from that pathetic tickle he gave Galvin on the way through for his line break try assist business. But otherwise he was solid without being amazing. An Eel at his price, with his BE, there was no way I was going to pass on him, so I'm happy enough I went early. Just pray he keeps his spot because this smile could easily turn into a busted lip and broken teeth at 4pm tomorrow.  

Matto - oh dear, shit. What's up with that score? 32 in 53min? That's not like him. Guess it allows for price drops, though how could he ever be a serious Fantasy option at the moment, under Brad Arthur?

Tuilagi - had him quietly pencilled in my watch list, though I don't know how long Cartwright is out for. But nothing to see here, I don't believe.

Bula and Penis - very underwhelming from these two chaps (especially Bula with a try). Penis looked to be in a few holes here and there in the first half, but I can't really remember seeing him in the second half.

Lussick - THANK CHRIST, I don't have any other issues in my team, or this would really puncture my tires. Except I do. There's a tonne of them, and Lussick being an absolute spud is not an issue I needed to add to the pile. Do hookers even score 22 points in 60mins? Is that actually possible? The worst thing about this, says Captain Hindsight, is that I only brought him in a couple of weeks ago so I wouldn't need to play Levi when Grant was out. Playing 15 this week meant that was void, add to that Levi scored more than double his score. And now that I think of it, it was Seyfarth I'd have traded out for Lussick. Face, balls, ribs, stomach, wrist, kidney, eyeball and jaw - the hits keep coming.

And that about wraps it. Sorry, that was a lot. Much more than expected.

I am glad that TLT is tomorrow so that I don't need to dwell too long about how dire things are, and I can start trying to figure out a way to at least make my team a little but more unshit.

Great post mate keep them coming I enjoy them. If it’s any comfort I’m struggling as well and only fielded 15 this round just gone. I’m filthy over it 640 mate but we go again next week been a bad first month.

I’m 160th in the Fog league Bang Bang Rolling Laugh

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Mon 1 Apr 2024 - 22:20; edited 1 time in total
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon 1 Apr 2024 - 22:19

ForanAgainst wrote:Score of 820 sees me move from 36256 to 9570. Definitely beyond happy with that, but definitely ever so slightly worried(not panicked) about next round. I don’t have a player the caliber of Yeo/Carrigan/Grant/Fogarty or the like to captain. I’ve considered May, but if the Roosters put on a score, there’s not much tackling for him to do. My next thought was Ponga, but seeing how well Turbo went against the Dragons has put me off that idea. Therefore, I’m likely to go with a pod captain choice, who does have a three digit score against this week’s opponent, and I think an 80 point average, historically, plus he’s had a week off so he’ll definitely be well rested.

I’ve yet to look at trades, but I may need to rid myself of Tups for Talagi and then I’ll have to see what I can do for trade two.

I think May will still be fine for a 55 in 55mins. Who knows he might even crash over for a try too. He and Ponga will be my captain choices.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon 1 Apr 2024 - 22:38

@Teeth Eater

I also enjoy those wrap ups. Thanks heaps!
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon 1 Apr 2024 - 22:40

I am thinking one of the likely reasons for such low minutes from Shoes this week, was the Morrin sin bin. Couldn't be subbed off, to bring on Shoes, so likely cut into his game time.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 2:22

WT Winfield wrote:Hopgood 69
    Guth 66
    DBrown 61
    Lane 53
    Sivo 36
    Talagi 34
    Penis 24
    Lussick 23

Galvin 44
    IPap 42
    Koro 41
    Seyfarth 38

69 is awesome for Hoppy but I’ve taken him off my fallen gun purchase watchlist if that’s his new role. On after 25mins is brutal and unexpected
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 2:25

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:NRL has Shoes starting for the Dogs this week. If he starts do you sell him? My trades are Burbo to KPP and Kini to Talagi! Shoes can sit at 21 for the 5th week in a row.

Not sure Burbs is a sell if this Schuster rumour is true is he?

DPP backrower playing centre is season set and forget for me. In the 25 that is, hopefully not 13.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 2:53

GreenMachine wrote:

Not sure Burbs is a sell if this Schuster rumour is true is he?

DPP backrower playing centre is season set and forget for me. In the 25 that is, hopefully not 13.

Waddell replaced Burbo after 49 minutes and he didn't get back on. He's gone from 80 to 61 to 49 minutes the last three weeks Shocked

I'll probably keep him at least one more week if he starts and see if this is a permanent trend.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 3:42

Revraiser wrote:

Wow, no TLDR ??

I reckon Teathies posts are epic. Always give them a read if didn’t watch a match
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 3:43

Jele wrote:

Waddell replaced Burbo after 49 minutes and he didn't get back on. He's gone from 80 to 61 to 49 minutes the last three weeks Shocked

I'll probably keep him at least one more week if he starts and see if this is a permanent trend.

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong. I want to bin him to the bench asap but just doubt he’ll ever be my biggest problem
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 4:47

GreenMachine wrote:

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong. I want to bin him to the bench asap but just doubt he’ll ever be my biggest problem
    Alas he is not my biggest problem but he is my easiest route to KPP. He has done absolutely nothing since Vegas. Kini is number one problem but my team is full of number two’s!
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 4:54

Teeth Eater wrote:

Haha, yeah, I don't expect or require anyone to read my ramblings. Just think I may as well pen my thoughts at the close of an evening when I finally catch up. No obligation at all to read.

I like your posts, just couldn't resist using that meme.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 5:21

mattnz wrote:I am thinking one of the likely reasons for such low minutes from Shoes this week, was the Morrin sin bin. Couldn't be subbed off, to bring on Shoes, so likely cut into his game time.

You can leave a player off when their sin bin ends, seen it multiple times

Maybe he was the fattest at the club and not the fittest
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 5:48

GreenMachine wrote:Missed the match today. How did the young fella (our saviour) Talagi look?

Brutal season this

Good ball runner. Not sure if it was tactic but was over called by Brown and Gutho a lot so probably isn't going to get many attacking stats as a play maker. Also seems like he won't be kicking unless he accidentally ends up with the ball on last. Made good defensive decisions but not a huge body so will wrack up a few misses. Long term projects as a centre for mine

Should make cash for those that got on last week as long as he holds the spot but I don't think he is a buy now
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 5:51

Pookus McFly wrote:I took a huge risk completely stacking my backs this year (Kiraz, May, Ponga, Turbo, Pappy), allowed by me taking almost all the “promising” cash cows and midrangers which have consequently failed. It especially compounds the damage when the backline guns don’t fire, and now my team is drowning at rank 14000ish and looks absolutely terrible with a half dozen spot fires. By contrast my WAG team was built the traditional way of stacking the forwards (Robson, Hopgood, Harris, McInnes), looks in great shape, and is ranked 543. This is a cautionary tale that trusting the tried and true Fantasy tenants of old is always the best method. Also about which team you choose to enter in the FOG if you are a dirty, dirty WAG teamer- sincerest apologies if any Fantasy Fantasy owners!

Complaining about "gun" backs scoring poorly - check
    Ahead of me in ranking despite a poor start - check
    Rabbitohs fan - check

Pookus you are dangerously close to joining Filth on the forum nemesis list
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 5:59

If the day has come where I have to explain a forum joke, someone tap me on the shoulder, send me the gold watch.

Last edited by Revraiser on Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 6:02; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 6:00

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Complaining about "gun" backs scoring poorly - check
    Ahead of me in ranking despite a poor start - check
    Rabbitohs fan - check

Pookus you are dangerously close to joining Filth on the forum nemesis list

I thought Pookus was THE forum nemisis!
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 6:01

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Alas he is not my biggest problem but he is my easiest route to KPP. He has done absolutely nothing since Vegas. Kini is number one problem but my team is full of number two’s!

I would think a player that has a high likelihood of going backwards in price is a bigger problem than a red dot. As long as you can field 17, of course.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 6:01

my tv broke wrote:General observation (and havent tried to look at this in any detail at all), but hooker scoring seems way down across the board this year.

Is it a change in the way teams are playing (saw mention of teams playing "wider" this season) or just a random coincidence? Teams have finally adapted to the way the rule changes affected the game over the last few years ?

That said the guy who scores between 46 and 48 every week (sharks brailey) is seeing a slight uptick at 48.5 lol

Vibes tell me it's every team trying to copy Penrith with a ball playing lock for width. Hookers generally defend around marker, A or B which are the positions engaged by the ball playing lock. Not sure if the stats back this

Current date/time is Sun 8 Sep 2024 - 13:58