NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:03 am

Open the shop already, I want to replace my current shittos with new shittos
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:06 am

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 8 Giphy
    Joey Lussick 🤝 Josh Hodgson
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:17 am

OB wrote:

I would think a player that has a high likelihood of going backwards in price is a bigger problem than a red dot. As long as you can field 17, of course.
    They both need to go and that is the plan. Kini will get me zero points whilst Burbo has potential if needed some day. Neither will be in my top 17 where possible. Unfortunately Kini, Cleary, Galvin, and Shoes occupy positions 18-21.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:23 am

Booze is right about some of the same players on here having fantasy smarts, they know how to build a team, they know how to take advantage of a disaster round that we just had. They know what their team needs, which position to strengthen, what trade the priority is. Some of this does come down to gut feel, some of it comes down to common sense
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:27 am

Revraiser wrote:If the day has come where I have to explain a forum joke, someone tap me on the shoulder, send me the gold watch.

I thought it was obvious Revs, I might need to be tapped on the shoulder too.

Edit: don’t think I’m eligible for the watch yet though.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:35 am

AL wrote:

I thought it was obvious Revs, I might need to be tapped on the shoulder too.

Edit: don’t think I’m eligible for the watch yet though.

I got Ur back soldier !

U'd be a watch recipient for sure.

TLDR; I've met Teetheater, I assume he recalls meeting me and I damn hope he knows I was just taking another low ball joke opp.

Love u @Teetheater !

His insights are actually refreshing and beautifully honest. Keep em coming big time.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:48 am

Smithies, Lussick and Toops on the trade block this week.

Has to be the two more expensive options right? At least Toops ain’t losing money with his 30s
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:49 am

Chewie wrote:Booze is right about some of the same players on here having fantasy smarts, they know how to build a team, they know how to take advantage of a disaster round that we just had. They know what their team needs, which position to strengthen, what trade the priority is. Some of this does come down to gut feel, some of it comes down to common sense

I get the impression that a majority of Booze's posts (particularly the more flippant ones) are meant more for himself than the benefit of others (I don't mean that in a bad way).it seems as if he is constantly reminding himself not to overthink his moves so as to invoke a sort of "flow state" in his game play. Kind of a quieting ones head to let the gut be heard. This can be highly beneficial for something that one is experienced and proficient in and I use in aspects of my life. When I make music it's a constant battle to not think about things too much - to make "gut" decisions more than head decisions. My best tracks have come from processes where I can realise this. The same when I worked in kitchens. As soon as I started overthinking things service would go to crap and I would make mistakes.

In a game like this there is simply too much data and information to parse fully and assess the implications. Meaning that a good portion of the workload is best handed over to automatic brain processes - freeing up the conscious brain to make more of the meta decisions.

I may be wrong about Booze's motivation for the casualness he seems to exude, but I think it probably is the case whether he is conscious of it or not.

Those that I play boardgames against who exude this same casualness are the ones I fear the most, well over those that play with bravado.
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:51 am

mattnz wrote:Feeling like my team may be ok after this week's trades.

Maybe just 1 shitto to get rid of in Chan, assuming he is on the bench next week.

Otherwise, would be nice starting to try to save some trades, while my cows fatten. Maybe just Chan trade out the following week and save the other.

Brandon
    Harris Terrell Seyfarth
    KPP Salmon
    Cleary Brown
    Kiraz Taylan
    Turbo Papy Gutho

Rapana Galvin Hughes Flano
    Talagi Levi Strange Chan

Team's looking good! But you don't consider Salmon a shitto? He's close to the top of my shitto pile
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:53 am

mattnz wrote:

Titans and Raiders really know how to give up a sizeable lead.

One of my most consistently winning bets over the last few years has been the Raiders/Opposition halftime full-time double. Nothing more reliable than a raiders second half capitulation
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:55 am

Chewie wrote:Booze is right about some of the same players on here having fantasy smarts, they know how to build a team, they know how to take advantage of a disaster round that we just had. They know what their team needs, which position to strengthen, what trade the priority is. Some of this does come down to gut feel, some of it comes down to common sense

I like to think I have fantasy smarts - not as much as some on the forum, but still multiple top 100 finishes. However sometimes you can still get trapped in a situation where you *can't* get the "fun" (ie good) players because you can't afford them and, because you can't do things in the optimal way, every bad decision begets another bad decision and so on and on. Happened to me during the Covid season, which was easily my worst, and looks like it might be happening again. All that remains is to be patient and grab a respectable rank during the byes if I can,

I guess what I'm saying is you're going to get smacked by variance (good or.bad) a some time or another, nobody is ever going to be at or near the top.every year, however much fantasy "best practice" you.apply. And the down years do take the "fun" out of it a bit. But shit happens, and I also *have* made some terrible choices this year which have had maximum damage in a way that in other years they maybe haven't.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:03 am

kamikamicameleons wrote:

Team's looking good! But you don't consider Salmon a shitto? He's close to the top of my shitto pile

31 and 37 in the games he’s not been shifted to CTR is pretty solid

BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:20 am

Camo123 wrote:

Concerning that the one game there wasn't an injury he only played 41 minutes. I know he still scored well with 37 but I don't think that would be the norm. A try would be nice just to get the BE down otherwise will probably painfully slow cash from here.

Has to be a good chance he'll be named edge today and Mann starts lock - I'm pretty sure he played edge for the last 15mins in rd3 when he came on for Preston and he was moved to edge in rd1 when Kikau got injured.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:32 am

Revraiser wrote:

I got Ur back soldier !

U'd be a watch recipient for sure.

TLDR; I've met Teetheater, I assume he recalls meeting me and I damn hope he knows I was just taking another low ball joke opp.

Love u @Teetheater !

His insights are actually refreshing and beautifully honest. Keep em coming big time.

cheer
    Fair play Laughing dry and inside responses not easily interpreted when it comes to forums hahaa
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:34 am

OB wrote:

I would think a player that has a high likelihood of going backwards in price is a bigger problem than a red dot. As long as you can field 17, of course.

Agree, I'll be flicking Burbo along with Lussick this week most likely for that reason. I'd rather hold Hughes who has fuck all to lose
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:34 am

GreenMachine wrote:

cheer
    Fair play Laughing dry and inside responses not easily interpreted when it comes to forums hahaa
    aren't 100% of rev posts low ball jokes?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:35 am

GreenMachine wrote:

cheer

Wow, no idea !

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:36 am

OB wrote:

I get the impression that a majority of Booze's posts (particularly the more flippant ones) are meant more for himself than the benefit of others (I don't mean that in a bad way).it seems as if he is constantly reminding himself not to overthink his moves so as to invoke a sort of "flow state" in his game play. Kind of a quieting ones head to let the gut be heard. This can be highly beneficial for something that one is experienced and proficient in and I use in aspects of my life. When I make music it's a constant battle to not think about things too much - to make "gut" decisions more than head decisions. My best tracks have come  from processes where I can realise this. The same when I worked in kitchens. As soon as I started overthinking things service would go to crap and I would make mistakes.

In a game like this there is simply too much data and information to parse fully and assess the implications. Meaning that a good portion of the workload is best handed over to automatic brain processes - freeing up the conscious brain to make more of the meta decisions.

I may be wrong about Booze's motivation for the casualness he seems to exude, but I think it probably is the case whether he is conscious of it or not.

Those that I play boardgames against who exude this same casualness are the ones I fear the most, well over those that play with bravado.

I have a weekly game night with 5 of my best mates, we've been playing together for close to 10 years, two of the guys have an incredible level of gaming smarts, it's a good thing they don't play nrlfantasy because they would absolutely smash it.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:39 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    aren't 100% of rev posts low ball jokes?

Skull bitch !
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:41 am

Camo123 wrote:

Tbh, I'm basing his shitto rating more on the eye test. He just does nothing good on the field, and for someone making incredibly slow cash, I find it hard to want him in my team. Would rather take a risk on another cow.

And this is why I'll be out of trades by round 14

Also, I suck at this game, so am trying to embrace the "have fun" aspect

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:34 am