NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Tries are base stats

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Tries are base stats - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Tries are base stats

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:03 pm

Chewie wrote:

Eels struggled completing sets especially in canberra's 20, never really got into the game
    Brown wasn't too bad, Gutho was terrible though

Haha, someone at work said to me this morning that I must be feeling as shit about my Gutho trade-in as he is about his Brown trade and I was all like wtf did I miss? Gutho was a trainwreck; Brown scored almost 50 in a terrible team that got massacred. I'm not seeing any way to not be pretty happy with Brown if you were an owner, all things considered.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Tries are base stats - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Tries are base stats

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:04 pm

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Came up against the perennial wooden spooner in our friends league. She chooses her players based on smiles. She has SJ Captain, Timoko and Ponga and absolutely smoked me this weekend

They do all have quite nice smiles, to be fair.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:06 pm

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Came up against the perennial wooden spooner in our friends league. She chooses her players based on smiles. She has SJ Captain, Timoko and Ponga and absolutely smoked me this weekend

So she would usually be captaining McInnes but he was on a bye?
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:06 pm

Wow, no Charnze!?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:07 pm

Can you get her opinion on Wighton please?
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:12 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Don't mean to harp on it, but VSDT and Supercoach religiously open somewhere between 9-10am on a Monday morning. What is the extra shit they do at Fantasy every week, for three (and counting) extra hours? Curious minds must know. Well, at least this one does.

Do they all roll in the office around 9am, have a few snacks and coffees and slowly pick a selection of eight groups and each group, or pair, or individual or whatever it is goes off and rewatches each match in it's entirety from about 10am, just to double check the scores? Then they have a collaborative session at the end of the matches, around midday, to determine any last minute changes?  

I must know what the extra ingredient is that is not required by VSDT or Supercoach.

Anyone play AFL SC and Fantasy, and is it the same there?

To be completely honest, whether it opens or not isn't really overly important until TLT anyway, I guess, but it just seems like an unnecessary frustration.

I suspect it's to do with the stats provider rather than fan hub. If stats are still being changed that means fan hub can't end the round until the updates are in. Those other games use different providers who I'm guessing do their rechecks earlier (or don't have another look at all, who knows)
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:19 pm

@Teeth Eater I'd say it's the first thing they do,just highlights its importance again to them as a whole
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:20 pm

Few more changes in that last game by the looks.

Kris 34
    Guth 20
    Talagi 19

Probably more but not sure
    NoSpeakaAnyInglis
    NoSpeakaAnyInglis

Post by NoSpeakaAnyInglis Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:24 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Don't mean to harp on it, but VSDT and Supercoach religiously open somewhere between 9-10am on a Monday morning. What is the extra shit they do at Fantasy every week, for three (and counting) extra hours? Curious minds must know. Well, at least this one does.

Do they all roll in the office around 9am, have a few snacks and coffees and slowly pick a selection of eight groups and each group, or pair, or individual or whatever it is goes off and rewatches each match in it's entirety from about 10am, just to double check the scores? Then they have a collaborative session at the end of the matches, around midday, to determine any last minute changes?  

I must know what the extra ingredient is that is not required by VSDT or Supercoach.

To be completely honest, whether it opens or not isn't really overly important until TLT anyway, I guess, but it just seems like an unnecessary frustration.

They're busy clearing their emails...
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:27 pm

@NoSpeakaAnyInglis

Well played Sir
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:30 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Few more changes in that last game by the looks.

Kris 34
    Guth 20
    Talagi 19

Probably more but not sure

Curran went down 3 to 45

Got bumped out of the top 1000 Evil or Very Mad

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:37 pm

Final scores are like feeding time at tent city to fanhub.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:47 pm

Yeah copped Kris and Talagi downdates, stopped we’re already dead
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:48 pm

They have to read all the emails first.......

Edit : Too slow, someone beat me to the dad joke

Last edited by Aardvark on Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:49 pm

Prob increasing their clicks by making us wait so we keep checking every 5 minutes like the addicts we are.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:52 pm

These guys obviously took a break to watch WM XL night 2. No other reason why shop is still closed.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:52 pm

I just got 3 extra....looks like they reversed Cotter's obligatory downdate (try saying that when you're drunk)

Only 11 more sketchy points needed to win my H2H....keep it closed I say cheer
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:52 pm

Aaaaand we're open
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:58 pm

8am in India is 1pm here
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:59 pm

Honeysett wrote:Aaaaand we're open

Let the rage begin

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:06 pm