NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 32 - Let's get ready to rumble

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 32 - Let's get ready to rumble - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 32 - Let's get ready to rumble

Post by WT Winfield Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:14 am

Snatchpato wrote:Am I mad for running 16 this week and doing McInnes > Piakura?

Just feel like McInnes is about to start bleeding cash, and Piakura is about to start making serious coin.

My other alternative is trading Campbell to Piakura, but I really like the idea of holding Campbell for post 13.

Where's my large trout...

*smack*

Playing 16 and holding Foggy, Campbell, Sitili and Talagi? Or trading Foggy already? I'd clean out the red dots and play 17. Hopgod and Talagi missing next week with the bye, Campbell still injured, Sitili still sucks, not sure what roles Salmon and SHughes will have..
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 32 - Let's get ready to rumble - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 32 - Let's get ready to rumble

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:15 am

Honey Badger wrote:Hating the hooker position this year. Prob have to do Lussick to Brailey. Feels like one plodder to another. Anyone running no hk cover?
    I’m playing Cheese at mid but he’s on notice I need a bounce back the next week or 2. But I have Grant and I’m flicking Lussick I think to either Blore or Bateman leaning Bateman currently
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:17 am

my tv broke wrote:

Thought you were the big dawg with the inside scoop on Gray .. why you asking us?

Atkinson? The first choice five eighth for the Sharks is averaging 27 this year with four tries in six games. If he was 250k you'd have flicked him after round 3 with scores of 18, 17, 14. So what's Atkinson going to do exactly?
    I don’t have the inside scoop lol I’m probs 60/40 that Gray holds the spot.

Yes true and Dykes is there too.

Maybe I’ll punt on Gray and take the risk.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:17 am

my tv broke wrote:

Tend to agree.

Before trades:

BS9
    Carrigan Harris Terrell
    Crichton KPP
    Hynes(C) Brown
    Strange Iro
    Turbo Papy Chevy
    R Smithies Lussick Galvin Piakura
    E Finefeuuaki Salmon Kiraz Burbo

As mentioned considering S Fainu in for Lussick and see what happens..

Having to play Chevy isnt ideal but hope he bounces back with a 30+, don't really like any other options anyway. Would be nice to get Walsh but he's a bit out of reach with my trade out options.

Salmon to SFainu could be an option. Fishy dogguts has Preston and Mann back shortly, and he scores crap regardless. An extra 30 points in R13 ain't much to write home about.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:21 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Where's my large trout...

*smack*

Playing 16 and holding Foggy, Campbell, Sitili and Talagi? Or trading Foggy already? I'd clean out the red dots and play 17. Hopgod and Talagi missing next week with the bye, Campbell still injured, Sitili still sucks, not sure what roles Salmon and SHughes will have..
    Thanks Mulvy and BCT (and Winny)

Red dots pre trades are Fog, Tups, Talagi, Campbell (with Kiraz, Shoes, and Salmon on a bye). Need to trade 3 to field a 17 man, short on bench.

Currently got

Tups > Atkinson (for coin)
    Fog > Hynes (for points)

Unfortunately am 13k short of Talagi > Piakura

Was just wondering if trading Campbell was too short-term-thinking, and trying to optimise as I'm running low on trades. Figured I could hold Campbell in my EMG or WFB for the rest of the year, and would save me a trade down the line.

McInnes almost certainly not a hold, and will lose 75k in the next 3 weeks if he scores 40s which is likely with that bench.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:21 am

my tv broke wrote:

I don't really think it helps or improves Souths. I don't think he has to run 200+ metres a game because other fullbacks do. The Sharks are currently top of the table with a fullback that runs less metres than Latrell.

There is potentially/probably attitude problems within the squad which I can't really comment on, that aren't fixed by shuffling positions.

In saying this, he'll probably be moved, so we'll see how it pans out in the next few weeks I guess.

I'm not really committed or die on the hill on this opinion, I don't watch them that closely, and I really don't care what souths do with their lineup. Unless Gray goes good and holds the spot.. then i'll bring him into my team, probably Razz
    It’s Trell positional play in defence off kicks part of why we leak tries off kicks also when he gets the ball at the back he often passes to the wingers rather than run. Also support play isn’t great. I think part of these negative things in his game is because he’s gassed.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 am

Snatchpato wrote:

Red dots pre trades are Fog, Tups, Talagi, Campbell (with Kiraz, Shoes, and Salmon on a bye). Need to trade 3 to field a 17 man, short on bench.

Currently got

Fog > Hynes (for points)

Was just wondering if trading Campbell was too short-term-thinking, and trying to optimise as I'm running low on trades. Figured I could hold Campbell in my EMG or WFB for the rest of the year, and would save me a trade down the line.

McInnes almost certainly not a hold, and will lose 75k in the next 3 weeks if he scores 40s which is likely with that bench.
    Perhaps the play is Campbell > Piakura this week, and then I can do McInnes to Sorenson/Bateman next week? (with Talagi to whoever)

Also in defence of holding Campbell, I only have Hopgood/Talagi for the Eels bye, and only have Strange/Kris for the Raiders bye. This is definitely the worst week re: byes for my side
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    Perhaps the play is Campbell > Piakura this week, and then I can do McInnes to Sorenson/Bateman next week? (with Talagi to whoever)

Talagi not an urgent sell, could well end up at FB in a few rounds. McInnes could score well as tacklebot against a Raiders pack that runs straight.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:28 am

Snatchpato wrote:

Currently got

Fog > Hynes (for points)

Yeah I should've looked a bit closer if you're playing 16, figured Foggy and Sitili were probably gone. Annoyingly short of Talagi to Piakura. Most of us had Salmon to Piakura locked in until other carnage struck. If he scores 30 next week, he makes another 11k and basically peaked, so could just move him on. Not really sure about McInnes, he's priced at and averaging his BE, so taking a potential cash hit for points is probably worth it, and a chance he busts out another good score.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:29 am

I'm starting to warm to Plath.  While we have not a big sample size, 3 starts at lock, at 49, 72 and a 36.  The game he scored 36, add an extra few minutes back on the field if he didn't get sin binned plus the extra 7 points, he's going 45-50.  I know he's priced at 41, but there's some value there and looks to fill a tricky MID position in round 13.

Last edited by wolfking on Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Daveboy
    Daveboy

Post by Daveboy Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:30 am

Egan
    May Murray Smithies
    KPP Angus
    Hynes Brown
    Kiraz Strange
    Pappy Gutho Bostock

Lussick Galvin Piakura Iro
    Salmon Chan Chester Fogarty
    $42k itb

Obviously Fogarty has to go and leaning heavily to only the 1 trade this week
    I could do with an upgrade in WFB but not really any stand out options I can see this week. Paying full price for most of them
    Will see how Gutho goes this week and can trade him to Garrick next week if he doesn't improve
    Fainu/Bateman/Sorenson for some value and help mids for R14?

Thoughts?
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:31 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah I should've looked a bit closer if you're playing 16, figured Foggy and Sitili were probably gone. Annoyingly short of Talagi to Piakura. Most of us had Salmon to Piakura locked in until other carnage struck. If he scores 30 next week, he makes another 11k and basically peaked, so could just move him on. Not really sure about McInnes, he's priced at and averaging his BE, so taking a potential cash hit for points is probably worth it, and a chance he busts out another good score.
    Yeah trading out Salmon not a bad shout, my main rationale for holding the fish was for round 13 he can cover MID for me, but I suppose a peaking Shoes can do that as well. Salmon also not likely to continue scoring 40s once Preston is back (which is pre byes I think).

McInnes only averaging so high because of all the forward troops (Finucane, Rudolf, BHU) they had out via injury, inflating his minutes. Of all the games the Sharks have had a full strength forward pack, McInnes has max 48 minutes and averaged 42. Not a good sign moving forwad, but as you and Jimmy pointed out, probably not an urgent sell and one I can keep for this week.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:40 am

Wow.

Cleary signed with Warriors

Coffee
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:44 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    Yeah trading out Salmon not a bad shout, my main rationale for holding the fish was for round 13 he can cover MID for me, but I suppose a peaking Shoes can do that as well. Salmon also not likely to continue scoring 40s once Preston is back (which is pre byes I think).

McInnes only averaging so high because of all the forward troops (Finucane, Rudolf, BHU) they had out via injury, inflating his minutes. Of all the games the Sharks have had a full strength forward pack, McInnes has max 48 minutes and averaged 42. Not a good sign moving forwad, but as you and Jimmy pointed out, probably not an urgent sell and one I can keep for this week.

I would just get rid of Campbell though tbh. I don't think Salmon or SHughes will last until Rd 13 unless injuries keep striking. SHughes only 36 mins even with a prop ruled out after 3 mins and he had an immediate impact. Preston supposedly due back next week, so I probably won't hold Salmon too much longer, but at least he's a warm body capable of hitting 30s and should make a little more.

McInnes plodding out a 40 doesn't lose much and also capable of 60+ if there's an injury. I think it's worth holding for those points.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:46 am

Can’t even see interest in Gray even if he holds spot until he gets WFB DPP
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:48 am

Finch wrote:Wow.

Cleary signed with Warriors

Coffee

Banned

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

With Grant being the Storm captain, he'd be putting forward a strong case to back up after origin.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:54 am

Camo123 wrote:Can’t even see interest in Gray even if he holds spot until he gets WFB DPP

I would be more interested if he was at 5/8, Cody looks jaded and carrying weight, reckon JD dropped the wrong gun at least Cookie was having a dig, even if Jye is ready for the top grade I have feeling JD will use the old " we have to ease him in " to pacify the troops.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 am

wolfking wrote:What are people seeing in Fainu?

upside: holds onto starting edge spot, 430k, scores well for a while. he looks to have a future in the nrl, passes eye test.
    risk: he's young, benji shuffles the lineup again, bateman at 13 doesnt work out, mins fluctuate, wasnt worth a trade, etc

L-Jimmy wrote:
    Salmon to SFainu could be an option. Fishy dogguts has Preston and Mann back shortly, and he scores crap regardless. An extra 30 points in R13 ain't much to write home about.

It occured to me I could punt Salmon to S Fainu right after I posted it. There's a chance Lussick can resume 40+ scoring, and Salmon shelf life has probably expired anyway.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:01 pm

Finch wrote:Oh just seen Finefeuiaki is joining Dolphins next year.

Perhaps a worry for us owners this year when Luki comes back

i read somewhere in pre-season the cows were very keen to re-sign Fineeuiaki and were under impression that Luki was going to sign elsewhere.. But Luki has activated his player option in contract to stay an extra year, which kind of screwed them a bit on retaining Fine

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:02 am