NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 32 - Let's get ready to rumble

GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 32 - Let's get ready to rumble - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 32 - Let's get ready to rumble

Post by GreenSchist Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:40 am

Happy ANZAC day all (Lest we Forget)

Bit of chat around Fuller - I’m keen myself due to his Rd13 bye coverage but got spoked seeing someone on socials mention Dolphins had to get an exception to play him last week. Guessing he’s not in the top 30? Anyone heard anything about this and is it likely to be an issue going forward?
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 32 - Let's get ready to rumble - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 32 - Let's get ready to rumble

Post by manlybeaver Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:00 am

Anyone have any idea who is kicking goals for the raiders with no fog or rapana
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:07 am

TU:Weekes
    TD:Atkinson
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:20 am

GreenSchist wrote:Happy ANZAC day all (Lest we Forget)

Bit of chat around Fuller - I’m keen myself due to his Rd13 bye coverage but got spoked seeing someone on socials mention Dolphins had to get an exception to play him last week. Guessing he’s not in the top 30? Anyone heard anything about this and is it likely to be an issue going forward?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/01/01/2024-nrl-signings-tracker-latest-signings-news-contracts-and-details/

He’s not listed in their squad (bottom of this page).
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:21 am

manlybeaver wrote:Anyone have any idea who is kicking goals for the raiders with no fog or rapana

Chevy Stewart kicked their 1 goal last week
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:44 am

GreenSchist wrote:Happy ANZAC day all (Lest we Forget)

He did get an exemption for last week and this week.
    Seemingly it's on the basis that the Dolphins have 8 out through injury (including their starting Fullback of course).
    I'm a bit surprised the NRL didn't just say "well, you have Nikorima who you played at fullback last year, and you have Averillo who also played some fullback last year, so you need to use your roster..." - but for some reason they are fine with this (uncle Wayne?, giving the Dolphins a bit more breathing space as a new club??)

It's possible that they don't allow another exemption if Herbie is back next week - Assuming it's on a week-to-week basis, but the Redcliffe coach (Ben Te'o) said Fuller will have a 4 week crack at the NRL - it's possible he knows more, or he's just guessing too.
    I can't recall ever hearing of the NRL giving a 4 week long exemption up front.

From round 11 all clubs are able to access players outside their roster (e.g. Cup players).
    It also looks like he should have inside running for the Fullback spot while HTF is at Origin.
    So definite red-dot risk there, but upside too for the brave of heart
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:54 am

easytiger wrote:

He did get an exemption for last week and this week.
    Seemingly it's on the basis that the Dolphins have 8 out through injury (including their starting Fullback of course).
    I'm a bit surprised the NRL didn't just say "well, you have Nikorima who you played at fullback last year, and you have Averillo who also played some fullback last year, so you need to use your roster..." - but for some reason they are fine with this (uncle Wayne?, giving the Dolphins a bit more breathing space as a new club??)

It's possible that they don't allow another exemption if Herbie is back next week - Assuming it's on a week-to-week basis, but the Redcliffe coach (Ben Te'o) said Fuller will have a 4 week crack at the NRL - it's possible he knows more, or he's just guessing too.
    I can't recall ever hearing of the NRL giving a 4 week long exemption up front.

From round 11 all clubs are able to access players outside their roster (e.g. Cup players).
    It also looks like he should have inside running for the Fullback spot while HTF is at Origin.
    So definite red-dot risk there, but upside too for the brave of heart

Great insight, thanks ET!

A theoretical 4 week approval would take him to Rd 11 where it’s unlikely an issue going forward.
    Interesting situation and as you say, a bit of risk. Probably not enough to warrant a change of heart if you’ve already looked at him as an option.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:07 am

Honeysett wrote:

They're all easy.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 32 - Let's get ready to rumble - Page 44 Giphy
    Oh really?

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 32 - Let's get ready to rumble - Page 44 OIF
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:11 am

Boozecluez wrote:I like the fuller pick, decided to grab him myself to replace an injured ponga

Don't have any dolphins currently so helps me enjoy their games and I reckon if you are partial to any bye planning he could do ok over the majors too Wink
    I'd have liked to get him as well, but for reasons can't really. Only worry for me was adding more issues to my round 14 basket though. Already have Terrell, BS9, Angus, Strange and Kris. Couldn't justify Weekes at this stage for the same reason.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 am

danseels1985 wrote:Cheese,Salmon and Flanagan to Walsh,Bateman and Weekes leaving this team

Grant
    Cotter Smithies May
    Angus KPP
    Cleary SJ
    Strange Iro
    Papy Turbo Walsh

Bateman
    Piakura
    Waddell
    Galvin

Chester
    Talau
    Weekes
    Hughes
    Honestly looks about 10x better than my team, good shit mate.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:22 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    Honestly looks about 10x better than my team, good shit mate.

Thanks for that mate,it’s probably too drastic to sell Cheese though right? Is Bateman a sideways trade do you think?
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:27 am

danseels1985 wrote:

Thanks for that mate,it’s probably too drastic to sell Cheese though right? Is Bateman a sideways trade do you think?
    If you've got sufficient cover for the byes (or could easily get it) I don't think Cheese > Bateman is too drastic. It's definitely an upgrade long term. I'll be looking at moving Cheese on potentially after round 13, but maybe before if his scoring continues to be bad.

It is worth noting though that last week he was suffering from a flu type sickness, which is why he got such reduced minutes and also didn't work so hard on the field. The week before when he got 65 (with a try of course) is probably more important to consider.

Conclusion: I think it's a bit early to be selling Cheese, but I don't think it's a ridiculous or "drastic" play by any means (especially when getting a proven gun like Bateman).

What are your thoughts on these options. I want Piakura, but my options for getting him are either selling Campbell (I'd kind of like to hold him through the injury) and Salmon (I'd like to hold a few more weeks because I think he has another 25-50k to make). Which would you move on for him?
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:30 am

danseels1985 wrote:

Oh and for what it's worth (take it with a grain of salt as I'm not exactly a pro at this game) I think Walsh is 4-5 points of value at best, and not in the top 5 WFB options this year (now that Reynolds is back). I'd consider playing Chester at WFB this week, and instead of getting Walsh grab a JBrailey or something. Reckon he's more undervalued, and gives you a round 13 hooker + cover for the next few weeks without Cheese.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:31 am

Would quite like Bateman the more I think about it but without Mid DPP I just can't do it.

Will ponder a Fainu punt some more
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:33 am

FWIW Bateman as pure EDG synergises really well over the byes with Angus and KPP.

R13: Bateman out, Angus KPP in
    R16: KPP out, Bateman Angus in
    R19: Angus out, Bateman KPP in
    Daveboy
    Daveboy

Post by Daveboy Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:59 am

Snatchpato wrote:

What are your thoughts on these options. I want Piakura, but my options for getting him are either selling Campbell (I'd kind of like to hold him through the injury) and Salmon (I'd like to hold a few more weeks because I think he has another 25-50k to make). Which would you move on for him?

If you think Piakura will make more than Salmon over the same period then make the trade
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:03 am

Loomer wrote:Walsh so popular trade and great fixtures but no GK with Arey back and has couple of +60 scores with 2 tries. He could easily score those scores but not feeling it

I don't think Walsh is a top tier keeper at fullback because he doesn't have the ceiling of others at the position(Teddy, Turbo, Papy, Latrell, Ponga)

His highest ever score is 74. He has multiple occasions of needing 2 tries to hit 50, 60 or 70

Unless Reynolds is gone long term and he improves the base with goal kicking and kick metres, I don't see a path to a banner
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 am

Ponga, Fog, Campbell OUT

Walsh, Bateman, Cleary IN

After faffing all week with the likes of Drown and AFB just going Cleary YOLO
    (Probs change my mind at the last second)
    (Probs don’t have good enough reception while camping to reverse in time)

Unlikely to see the games today, but go Dragons and may Robbo get sacked

Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:25 am

precursor wrote:I have no doubt that Loomer is fair dinkum. But I gotta say it would be a pretty funny ruse if he was making it up this whole time about his pub connection Razz

Jeez I wish I was that clever. It helps that older couple from Leeds that I catch up with some Saturdays, the guy is from same village as Richard so he sometimes sits with us. Have to be careful only talking about Warriors in terms of squad and game play as mentioned Fantasy in the past and he rolled his eyes and has no interest

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:30 am

If the last few weeks are anything to go by, this should be a 'on' game for May.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:40 am