NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 35 - TerMAYnation time

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 35 - TerMAYnation time - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 35 - TerMAYnation time

Post by Jele Thu May 02, 2024 3:06 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Losing Cleary this week has made it difficult as now it almost feels like I MUST bring in Hynes to partner with SJ. May to Plath is locked in but I’m tossing up either Hynes and Laban in or forget Hynes and bring in Bateman and Garrick/Brailey instead. Smithies and Cheese are the other trade outs. Which way should I go?

Not sure Laban is the answer here. If you've got a reliable captain option, I think you could just ride out the storm this week and skip Hynes. He's got a tougher run coming up and may get an Origin jersey as well.
    Jele
    Jele

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 35 - TerMAYnation time - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 35 - TerMAYnation time

Post by Jele Thu May 02, 2024 3:07 pm

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Getting rid of two shitti hookers so want a backup for Grant. Especially through byes.

TU: JMK
    TD: J Brailey

I like JMK as an under the radar keeper in a shitty position this year. Plays all the major byes too.
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Thu May 02, 2024 3:11 pm

Going off of Raiders captains run pics, looks like Weekes is their goal kicker
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Thu May 02, 2024 3:18 pm

Loomer wrote:Strange to Weekes could be like shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic

One's the organising, kicking halfback. The other isn't.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 02, 2024 3:22 pm

Rabbit wrote:

One's the organising, kicking halfback. The other isn't.
    Not that Strange is any better, but if it was an audition then 40-0 is a huge Fiona sized F.
    Surely they can’t allow that to continue
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu May 02, 2024 3:22 pm

syn13 wrote:

I mean, if you want blunt honesty? No i’m not, trying to push through lifelong MDD and GAD with the amount of bad desicions I make and bad luck I have is beyond exhausting, so yeh, when I can’t even get these meaningless small things to fall my way it can quickly turn into the straw that breaks the camel’s back when it’s thrown on top of all the other negative shit already constantly swirling around in my head.

Its hard to pretend that Fantasy is not important to us, but sometimes you have to actively try to be less emotionally invested. This game is a lot of luck, and it’s good to take a step back and realise you are getting frustrated over not picking the right lotto numbers every week. Sometimes you just have season(/s) in fantasy where nothing works out, just like any gambler can have runs where none of their picks work out. You can’t take it on board personally, and that season where everything just works out can still be right around the corner (the one we think is all our own skill). And finally, if you can’t create that emotional separation then absolutely just delete app, because doing well in the second biggest NRL coach simulator is definitely not worth the mental strain. Getting an overall rank of 18 or 18000 will not make a difference in your life.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Thu May 02, 2024 3:24 pm

easytiger wrote:

I also think they are being cautious with Cleary because it was his first game back from a hamstring injury with a short turnaround.

The Panthers and NSW I'm sure are more interested in his long term availability then letting him have a field day against the wooden spooners

I got $100 says Souths don't get the spoon. I'll give you 3-1.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Thu May 02, 2024 3:25 pm

Toothlessshark wrote:Is there a process anyone is going through to determine who is less likely to shit the bed between
    Weekes/Armstrong/Atkinson I'm thinking in the order written.

Weekes - scored well in a side that probably won't get pounded like that again and points were base but history doesn't full with confidence

Armstrong - looked good, ran hard but probably doesn't score tries and attacking stats every game

Atkinson - plays in a good side and should get attacking stats but considering they pumped raiders didn't do heaps.

Would like other opinions

imo, only Weekes is worth serious consideration. The others are traps.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu May 02, 2024 3:27 pm

Had Strange since R1
    Holding Chevy for his R11 comeback, hopefully
    50/50 on getting Weekes
    Only sold Levi 2 weeks ago, many still own

There has to be someone out there who is going to own all 4 members of the shittiest spine in the NRL

Ignoring byes (which some players would do) it kinda makes sense.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu May 02, 2024 3:28 pm

easytiger wrote:

I also think they are being cautious with Cleary because it was his first game back from a hamstring injury with a short turnaround.

The Panthers and NSW I'm sure are more interested in his long term availability then letting him have a field day against the wooden spooners

ET rapidly becomng my forum nemesis Very Happy
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu May 02, 2024 3:30 pm

robelgordo wrote:Had Strange since R1
    Holding Chevy for his R11 comeback, hopefully
    50/50 on getting Weekes
    Only sold Levi 2 weeks ago, many still own

There has to be someone out there who is going to own all 4 members of the shittiest spine in the NRL

Ignoring byes (which some players would do) it kinda makes sense.

I mean, maybe? But I just can't see anyone buying Mamouzelos or Walker.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Thu May 02, 2024 3:32 pm

Loomer wrote:Anyone worried about playing Piakura in 17. I barely trust him to score above 30 after last week. Then again I've got a smorgasbord of shittos that could do the same

I think you should change your user name to either "The grim reaper" or "Henny Penny". Loomer is close though, like the sword of damocles, poised and constant. Stoned

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 02, 2024 3:33 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:
    I mean, maybe? But I just can't see anyone buying Mamouzelos or Walker.

Cody Walker is actually not a terrible price compared to his historic average.

If the new coach can get some sort of lift out of Souths (and if Walker goes to halfback with Wighton in 6) then he's probably not the worst pick
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Thu May 02, 2024 3:34 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Its hard to pretend that Fantasy is not important to us, but sometimes you have to actively try to be less emotionally invested. This game is a lot of luck, and it’s good to take a step back and realise you are getting frustrated over not picking the right lotto numbers every week. Sometimes you just have season(/s) in fantasy where nothing works out, just like any gambler can have runs where none of their picks work out. You can’t take it on board personally, and that season where everything just works out can still be right around the corner (the one we think is all our own skill). And finally, if you can’t create that emotional separation then absolutely just delete app, because doing well in the second biggest NRL coach simulator is definitely not worth the mental strain. Getting an overall rank of 18 or 18000 will not make a difference in your life.

This is great advice and something I've had to work on after I horror start to the year. I also think that it is human nature to post when we are doing well, so it gives a false view of how well everyone is going.

So for all those having a bad year - I'm third last in the FOG, held Cleary and traded in Haas last week. I'm still holding Cook hoping that he comes good under a new coach and I expect my real life football team is going to really suck for the rest of the year...

hopefuly not as much as the Rabbitohs (Sorry Rabbits21)
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu May 02, 2024 3:35 pm

If I've worked out my cover with no trades after this week up to 19 and could live without Strange I might as well cash down to Armstrong right? If nothing changes per the kicking he's probably just about peaked

P.S. I have Iro Manu Kiraz and getting Garrick this week so don't really need CTR cover and might get Sam Walker later so mindful of number of Raiders Roosters Dolphins for Rd 14

Last edited by Loomer on Thu May 02, 2024 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu May 02, 2024 3:35 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Cody Walker is actually not a terrible price compared to his historic average.

If the new coach can get some sort of lift out of Souths (and if Walker goes to halfback with Wighton in 6) then he's probably not the worst pick

Yeah, and Inglis is at a good price too compared with his average. But I wouldn't buy Inglis because he's given up playing footy. Likewise Walker isn't a buy

Last edited by L-Jimmy on Thu May 02, 2024 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Thu May 02, 2024 3:38 pm

wolfking wrote:

Haha, I was clearly taking the piss mate.

But Ive been where syn is before with the game.  It can be consuming and crazy how much it can get to you so you're right.  Sometimes just gotta put the phone away for a bit and remember it's supposed to be fun.

Ya know, some people need to just put the tablet/phone down and not log on to Fantasy ever again. It would make ZERO difference to their actual real life, certainly improve it and probably give them something much better to do.

I just don't get how people get so absorbed and invested in ANY free game with fuck all prizes. Just doesn't make sense.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 02, 2024 3:50 pm

Rabbit wrote:

Ya know, some people need to just put the tablet/phone down and not log on to Fantasy ever again. It would make ZERO difference to their actual real life, certainly improve it and probably give them something much better to do.

I just don't get how people get so absorbed and invested in ANY free game with fuck all prizes. Just doesn't make sense.
    Depends how much money you have invested with mates. Couple of cash leagues keep me somewhat absorbed otherwise yeah it’d be tough yakka
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 02, 2024 3:58 pm

Isn't coming on here and speaking shit the major part of why people play?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu May 02, 2024 3:59 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

My overall rank is great at the moment, but when I look at the teams of posters on here there is not much in it.
    I had Hosking carrying my team in the opening rounds, Kiraz boosted my rank in round 3
    Having Fogarty from the start helped, and getting Dbrown was helpful, but aside from that most of my trades were very template.
    I copped a fair few injuries and suspension like most on the forum, but I did avoid some of the failed cows (mostly due to more urgent fires at the time)
    I have noticed that my point of view on low scoring players has been different because of my high rank, I haven't been as frustrated with low scores from players like Lussick, Cheese, and May, maybe less panicked... a bit more settled
    Now I know what the fantasy world looks like from Booze's and MTB's perspective

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:41 am