NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 42 - That round was magical

SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 42 - That round was magical - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 42 - That round was magical

Post by SoylentGreen Tue May 21, 2024 9:15 pm

I've really been out of the loop, so I don't know who I should/shouldn't be looking at. Also my rank is awful so I don't think what I do matters much in the scheme of things. I do however have 20 green dots before trades, so any suggestions for what I should do are welcome.

JMK
    Hopgood, May, Smithies
    Crichton, Fermor
    Hynes, Brown
    Strange, Iro
    Weekes, Ted, Garrick

Galvin, Matto, Hughes, Koula
    Salmon, Piakura, Fa'alogo, Chester
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 42 - That round was magical - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 42 - That round was magical

Post by Bethany_B Tue May 21, 2024 9:26 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:I've really been out of the loop, so I don't know who I should/shouldn't be looking at. Also my rank is awful so I don't think what I do matters much in the scheme of things. I do however have 20 green dots before trades, so any suggestions for what I should do are welcome.

JMK
    Hopgood, May, Smithies
    Crichton, Fermor
    Hynes, Brown
    Strange, Iro
    Weekes, Ted, Garrick

You have seven players that have the bye in round 14 (JMK, May, Teddy, Angus, Smithies, Weekes, Strange), that's gonna be a big issue for you.

I would be selling Strange because of that, likely also Teddy next week, then May and Smithies in R14 itself (keeping JMK, Angus and Weekes)

You will also need Armstrong next week (would be now but he has the bye). Salmon is also a quick sell candidate.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue May 21, 2024 9:27 pm

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue May 21, 2024 9:32 pm

mickspicks wrote:Why did Max King play 65 on the weekend? Only because Salmon was out?

Salmon was an edge player replaced by an edge player, I don't think that was a factor.

They used 2 trades on King, same as always. I don't think there were injuries/HIAs to impact things. So I'd say it was just how the game was flowing he got some extra time
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue May 21, 2024 9:35 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:I've really been out of the loop, so I don't know who I should/shouldn't be looking at. Also my rank is awful so I don't think what I do matters much in the scheme of things. I do however have 20 green dots before trades, so any suggestions for what I should do are welcome.

JMK
    Hopgood, May, Smithies
    Crichton, Fermor
    Hynes, Brown
    Strange, Iro
    Weekes, Ted, Garrick

Chester and Piakura for Sele and Atkinson/Talagi
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue May 21, 2024 9:35 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Salmon was an edge player replaced by an edge player, I don't think that was a factor.

They used 2 trades on King, same as always. I don't think there were injuries/HIAs to impact things. So I'd say it was just how the game was flowing he got some extra time

Nice. Tempted.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Tue May 21, 2024 9:38 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Yeah, don't think I'd be getting Koula in this week if I hadn't got him last week. Hoping he can stay unbroken, but it's a worry.

Pretty surprised by the BA news, to be honest. I'm a firm believer in not making big decisions if you don't have a proper plan. Eg. I wouldn't leave a job without securing another job if I have a family to feed. And if I owned a footy club I wouldn't sack a coach without a replacement, personally. Eels are a shambles, but not sure putting Barrett in charge before they find a new coach is the solution. Also not a fan of sacking a coach when your star player is injured either. Don't get me wrong, not excusing the pathetic performance on the weekend, or the terrible year... but I also don't hold BA solely responsible for it.

Anyway, the life of an Eels fan is the same ol' thing. BA got the Eels as far as they'll ever get. We all know there won't be a premiership again in our lifetimes, but he got as close as we'll get. No ill feelings at all to the guy. Did his best but the Eels are a different beast.

As for this weekend, I'll be tipping a team I haven't tipped for a few months either way, but Bunnies should towel them up, to be honest.
    Do yourself a favour and watch the start of NRL360. BA interviewed the day after his sacking. Absolutely grateful for the opportunity he had and a real glass half full guy. One of the best outgoing coach interviews i have seen. Absolute stand up guy. Hopefully his sacking is a blessing in disguise for him.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 21, 2024 9:41 pm

Problem I’m having with Round 16 is the guys I want to sell in 14 are all players that play in 16.
    Salmon, Hughes, May, Strange will be surplus but trading them doesn’t improve my numbers just improves the quality
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue May 21, 2024 9:44 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Always love when someone calls an interchange a trade. Not that we look at NRL through fantasy googles at all.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 21, 2024 9:45 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

Joliffe, Arthars, Chevy

for

Ipap, Wighton, Cole

Can wait til RD 14 for the first two, no hurry I spose.

And Cole just seems better than Chevy. But unnecessary.

Yeah after looking, those 3 outs seem good. Sounds like Jolliffe and Arthars are out for a few. 8 on the bye Rd 14, so Chevy can go, but I'd be tempted to hold this week just incase he shows up next week and provides a loop option.

I think IPap's lost most of his appeal now. Could've been gold beyond Rd 14 if starting lock and getting mid, even if moving back to edge, but might be better options available.

Cole doesn't seem bad as a cashout and bye player. Not sure when Schneider's due back though. I'd probably take the gamble if I needed a cashout this week.

Wighton could be worth the punt. Last year was a bit off averaging 37, but ~46 long term in the halves. Should get a decent run there I think? Not sure when Ilias, Hawkins or Gray are due back (TBC/indefinite in the ward), but Ilias and Hawkins weren't great. Gray only played FB, so not sure where he stands in the pecking order. Rabbits are such a shambles I'm avoiding for now, but Cook is tempting.

My buy of the week is Tago, big fan of CTRs, but I'm down to 13 trades and 18 green dots, so I'm trying to scrape by without a trade and hopefully loop SHughes and Atkinson.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue May 21, 2024 9:51 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Always love when someone calls an interchange a trade. Not that we look at NRL through fantasy googles at all.

NRL clubs are such tradeaholics

Most of them max trade every week

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 21, 2024 9:51 pm

Think I’m gonna have to go Wishart. Hughes might be an out this week so that helps his case.
    The bye and then Knights, Warriors, Dolphins, Raiders and Tigers before Munster returns. 

Those games will be next to Hughes but hopefully does well enough to scrape through the byes at WFB
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue May 21, 2024 9:54 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Problem I’m having with Round 16 is the guys I want to sell in 14 are all players that play in 16.
    Salmon, Hughes, May, Strange will be surplus but trading them doesn’t improve my numbers just improves the quality

Just make no trades, and reevaluate next week when someone inevitably gets injured Sad
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 21, 2024 10:01 pm

Finch wrote:

Just make no trades, and reevaluate next week when someone inevitably gets injured Sad
    This is more future planning. Have to make 1 this week so trying to figure that out first
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Tue May 21, 2024 10:06 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah after looking, those 3 outs seem good. Sounds like Jolliffe and Arthars are out for a few. 8 on the bye Rd 14, so Chevy can go, but I'd be tempted to hold this week just incase he shows up next week and provides a loop option.

I think IPap's lost most of his appeal now. Could've been gold beyond Rd 14 if starting lock and getting mid, even if moving back to edge, but might be better options available.

Cole doesn't seem bad as a cashout and bye player. Not sure when Schneider's due back though. I'd probably take the gamble if I needed a cashout this week.

Wighton could be worth the punt. Last year was a bit off averaging 37, but ~46 long term in the halves. Should get a decent run there I think? Not sure when Ilias, Hawkins or Gray are due back (TBC/indefinite in the ward), but Ilias and Hawkins weren't great. Gray only played FB, so not sure where he stands in the pecking order. Rabbits are such a shambles I'm avoiding for now, but Cook is tempting.

My buy of the week is Tago, big fan of CTRs, but I'm down to 13 trades and 18 green dots, so I'm trying to scrape by without a trade and hopefully loop SHughes and Atkinson.

I appreciate your feedback.

I forgot about Schneider. I think that scares me off Cole.

I need to have a look at other edge options.

Wighton or Koula for me, since they both go well with Strange and Iro through the byes.

I don't need any of them this week, so could just save trades.

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 21, 2024 10:46 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

I appreciate your feedback.

I forgot about Schneider. I think that scares me off Cole.

I need to have a look at other edge options.

Wighton or Koula for me, since they both go well with Strange and Iro through the byes.

I don't need any of them this week, so could just save trades.

No worries mate cheer

Yeah saving trades isn't a bad play. If Cole had the spot until Cleary's return, he'd be a great cashout/cow, but could be a red dot in just a few weeks. Probably need more trades remaining or deep bench to take that punt. Or just don't think about it and hope it works out like I sometimes do Laughing

Koula seems pretty good, but did cop that knock. CTR average isn't flash when he moves back there, so that's why I prefer someone like Tago. $90k more expensive, but CTR vs CTR averages are 45 for Tago vs 31 for Koula. As our trades dwindle I prefer the guy you could hold all year. Could wait until next week on him too, but hard to predict with a 50 BE. Could go 30 below or above Laughing
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue May 21, 2024 11:10 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

No worries mate cheer

Yeah saving trades isn't a bad play. If Cole had the spot until Cleary's return, he'd be a great cashout/cow, but could be a red dot in just a few weeks. Probably need more trades remaining or deep bench to take that punt. Or just don't think about it and hope it works out like I sometimes do Laughing

Koula seems pretty good, but did cop that knock. CTR average isn't flash when he moves back there, so that's why I prefer someone like Tago. $90k more expensive, but CTR vs CTR averages are 45 for Tago vs 31 for Koula. As our trades dwindle I prefer the guy you could hold all year. Could wait until next week on him too, but hard to predict with a 50 BE. Could go 30 below or above Laughing
    I'm keen to get Koula, but with the potential shoulder issue and him playing the Storm this week I'm happy to wait till after the bye. I expect Koula to carve it up in round 15 and 16, with his high ownership it's probably not a good idea to miss out. Hopefully he has a relatively quiet game this weekend
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue May 21, 2024 11:35 pm

Bullbender wrote:
    Do yourself a favour and watch the start of NRL360. BA interviewed the day after his sacking. Absolutely grateful for the opportunity he had and a real glass half full guy. One of the best outgoing coach interviews i have seen. Absolute stand up guy. Hopefully his sacking is a blessing in disguise for him.

I'll try to check it out. Yeah, every time I saw him in interviews he seemed like a level headed, straight shooter kind of fella. Definitely wishing him well with what comes next and I just hope the Eels have some kind of plan. Because if I know the Eels, they probably don't, or it's a really shit plan and they were probably better off keeping the guy that got them to a couple of grand finals in recent years.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed May 22, 2024 4:50 am

Holy Moly wrote:21 green dots if I use three trades. Does feel nice to get there again.

Down to 12 trades is scary.

See how we go from here.
    Why would you want to do that?
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed May 22, 2024 5:37 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

I own him too but if you break him at least you take snatch down with us and my team is too far gone for it to matter anyway
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 42 - That round was magical - Page 23 Giphy

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:34 am