NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles

standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles - Page 35 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles

Post by standard-issue Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:11 am

There's a TL;DR at the bottom y'all.  Finished a tickle inside the Top 5000 (4960 pending) after a horrid start like a lot of us.

Thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of working my Team back from 27000 odd in June.  I am also one of those few who enjoys the challenge of the smaller squads.  I only ask for advice maybe 3 or 4 times a year, as I am a stubborn fuck, but would like to say thankyou to all for your help when I do.

Whilst the Forum has slowed down quicker than usual, it has in comparison with other Sites and Pages actually held activity much better.  That is testament to the amazing Community we have.  Quite a few of us have met each other in real life now, and the thing that strikes me in regards to that is I am yet to meet a Fanatic on here that I wouldn't actually see myself being friends with if I had have met them in other ways.  On that, I would like to point out for Legal reasons that there has never been a single Formal Criminal Charge that has actually stuck after a Fanatics meet-up, so if you can get to one next year then take some reassurance from that...

The softcock I am would love to heap praise on all the awesome individuals who make up Fanatics, but I'm not going to mention any names; because the softcock I am also always feels guilty when I inevitably miss someone out (who can forget 4 or 5 years ago the scandal of one of our most loved Posters [again, no names] having to change his acknowledgement post more times than Brian Smith used to change his teamlists on us).  

This Community has been a part of my life over the last 13 or 14 years.  As is the way these things work-unfortunately we have lost a couple of valued Posters this Season, and a few more have been quieter than normal.  But conversely, we have actually gained a couple of our veteran posters back Prodigal Son style, and it was great to see some quieter posters contribute more.  It would be awesome to see those who have left back again in 2025!  This place is amazing, but no different to real life; we all get frustrated and cop stick occasionally and feel under-appreciated at times.  But the big picture stuff is the advice and positivity and humour and comradery that we get the other 99% of the time.

Unfortunately for you lot-my work PC was recently changed out and the Fanatics site is no longer Blocked.  My IT dept were sick of looking at all the Liquid Paper on the monitor, and they felt I would benefit from one of those BIG LETTER senior's keyboards, and my dot matrix printer also finally stopped working as the final straw!  So I'll be posting a bit more next year than I have over the last few years (apologies in advance).

Well done to everyone who ranked highly in what was one of the toughest years ever.  Congratulations to everyone who won their Leagues and the various Comps on here.  Thankyou to every single Fanatic who contributes in their own way-whether that is posting advice, or memes, stats, late mail, liking my Dad jokes, or just commenting in general.  An extra big thankyou to everyone who spends their own time helping out with the extras/running and,or creating the Leagues/moderating/recaps/annual awards/running the awesome extra comps.

TL;DR-thankyou to all for yet another amazing year in here, and for those of you that can't quite put your finger on what is "different" about this as opposed to my usual posts-it's because for once I didn't actually overuse the Smiley emoticon...

Very Happy
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles - Page 35 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles

Post by Jele Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:00 am

Right back at ya, SI. You are the flaccid phallus that makes this makes this forum tick.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:07 am

After surging from 20,554th in round 12 to 1,623rd in round 24, I ran out of gas and finished 1,779th (22nd in the FOG). Like most of us, not my best year by any stretch, but happy with a likely L2 promotion for next year.

Thanks to all, for the banter as much as the fantasy advice.

Last edited by Jele on Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:22 am

Jele wrote:Right back at ya, SI. You are the flaccid phallus that makes this makes this forum tick itch.

FTFY Jele Very Happy
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:24 am

Ponga updates got me to 1011! My first 1k this year cheer

Moved up a handful of spots to 450th
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:50 am

Limped home after origin for by far my worst ever season. Previous worst season was somewhere mid 4000s and I didn't even sniff 10k
    I probably even got beaten by filth this year

Back for another year in the mad house next year
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:08 am

Ended up at 2.7k. Bit of a disappointing season after the highs of the last two. Started reasonably well and was hovering around 1k for a long time there until some disastrous rounds during origin period. Always good fun around here nonetheless cheers all.
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:15 am

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:Ponga updates got me to 1011! My first 1k this year cheer

I had 4 1,000+ scores this season and ended up 200 spots below you. Playing 9 for 477 points in round 13 probably didn't help haha. Poor squad management

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:21 am

kamikamicameleons wrote:

I had 4 1,000+ scores this season and ended up 200 spots below you. Playing 9 for 477 points in round 13 probably didn't help haha. Poor squad management

I only technically didn't hit 1k until now; I got 990 in 21, 992 in 18 and 997 in 11. A whole year of blue balls
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:58 am

Its mad monday for the NRLFFs!!!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:21 am

Get on it, wateva makes u tick on a monday !
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:24 am

@standard-issue beautiful scribing SI
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:28 am

standard-issue wrote:There's a TL;DR at the bottom y'all.  Finished a tickle inside the Top 5000 (4960 pending) after a horrid start like a lot of us.

Thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of working my Team back from 27000 odd in June.  I am also one of those few who enjoys the challenge of the smaller squads.  I only ask for advice maybe 3 or 4 times a year, as I am a stubborn fuck, but would like to say thankyou to all for your help when I do.

Whilst the Forum has slowed down quicker than usual, it has in comparison with other Sites and Pages actually held activity much better.  That is testament to the amazing Community we have.  Quite a few of us have met each other in real life now, and the thing that strikes me in regards to that is I am yet to meet a Fanatic on here that I wouldn't actually see myself being friends with if I had have met them in other ways.  On that, I would like to point out for Legal reasons that there has never been a single Formal Criminal Charge that has actually stuck after a Fanatics meet-up, so if you can get to one next year then take some reassurance from that...

The softcock I am would love to heap praise on all the awesome individuals who make up Fanatics, but I'm not going to mention any names; because the softcock I am also always feels guilty when I inevitably miss someone out (who can forget 4 or 5 years ago the scandal of one of our most loved Posters [again, no names] having to change his acknowledgement post more times than Brian Smith used to change his teamlists on us).  

This Community has been a part of my life over the last 13 or 14 years.  As is the way these things work-unfortunately we have lost a couple of valued Posters this Season, and a few more have been quieter than normal.  But conversely, we have actually gained a couple of our veteran posters back Prodigal Son style, and it was great to see some quieter posters contribute more.  It would be awesome to see those who have left back again in 2025!  This place is amazing, but no different to real life; we all get frustrated and cop stick occasionally and feel under-appreciated at times.  But the big picture stuff is the advice and positivity and humour and comradery that we get the other 99% of the time.

Unfortunately for you lot-my work PC was recently changed out and the Fanatics site is no longer Blocked.  My IT dept were sick of looking at all the Liquid Paper on the monitor, and they felt I would benefit from one of those BIG LETTER senior's keyboards, and my dot matrix printer also finally stopped working as the final straw!  So I'll be posting a bit more next year than I have over the last few years (apologies in advance).

Well done to everyone who ranked highly in what was one of the toughest years ever.  Congratulations to everyone who won their Leagues and the various Comps on here.  Thankyou to every single Fanatic who contributes in their own way-whether that is posting advice, or memes, stats, late mail, liking my Dad jokes, or just commenting in general.  An extra big thankyou to everyone who spends their own time helping out with the extras/running and,or creating the Leagues/moderating/recaps/annual awards/running the awesome extra comps.

TL;DR-thankyou to all for yet another amazing year in here, and for those of you that can't quite put your finger on what is "different" about this as opposed to my usual posts-it's because for once I didn't actually overuse the Smiley emoticon...

Very Happy

god tier posting.

think a 2025 meet up is in order.

ive once again decided to threaten retirement from nrlfantasy, but i'm like bennett and can't stop/won't stop
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:28 am

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:Ponga updates got me to 1011! My first 1k this year cheer

Going out on a high cheer
    Diggity
    Diggity

Post by Diggity Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:35 am

Long time lurker but thought I should post for once. Had my best season by far and currently sitting 71st. 2 spots away from the ultimate rank!

Thanks to those who gave me a shout out.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:52 am

Pretty much gave up here after round 19/20. Will finish 10,200 something after a top 600 finish the previous year. In saying that, I’m coming down to dominate league 8 next year.

Well done to those who had better than average goes at this, and to those in the other camp, it can’t get much worse next go around, can it?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:30 am

Diggity wrote:Long time lurker but thought I should post for once. Had my best season by far and currently sitting 71st. 2 spots away from the ultimate rank!

post moar
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:46 am

Diggity wrote:Long time lurker but thought I should post for once. Had my best season by far and currently sitting 71st. 2 spots away from the ultimate rank!

The mythical Hoff appears. Great year mate!

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles - Page 35 Giphy
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:10 am

Epic year mate, congrats. Make sure you post more next year as you really know your stuff and would be great value around here. Congrats again.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:21 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Limped home after origin for by far my worst ever season. Previous worst season was somewhere mid 4000s and I didn't even sniff 10k
    I probably even got beaten by filth this year

Back for another year in the mad house next year

Not even close. I barely scraped into the top 30k.

Have been less active and paying less attention to the game this year and it clearly cost me.
    Mixer going well and hopefully finals fantasy goes the same.

Otherwise - onwards and upwards next year I guess. Hopefully I'll have a little more time to contribute but remains to be seen.

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:45 pm