NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles

Post by Aardvark Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:22 pm

wolfking wrote:

Burton not officially ruled out is he?  

Checked the rules and because he failed a Cat 2 the Bulldogs would need to apply for an exemption; provided he hadn't had a concussion in 3 months, he had accrued less than five career concussions, he suffered no symptoms post game day & he was cleared by a neurologist. Sounds easier to just let him sit out for this week given they are in the 8 regardless.

Also saw something where Mahoney was talking up Drew Hutchinson's ability to come in and 'do a job'

Hmmm....Big Davey as well
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles

Post by wolfking Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:23 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Checked the rules and because he failed a Cat 2 the Bulldogs would need to apply for an exemption; provided he hadn't had a concussion in 3 months, he had accrued less than five career concussions, he suffered no symptoms post game day & he was cleared by a neurologist. Sounds easier to just let him sit out for this week given they are in the 8 regardless.

Also saw something where Mahoney was talking up Drew Hutchinson's ability to come in and 'do a job'

Ah, that's not a good sign then. I guess then there in no doubt for missing finals regardless so makes sense. You never know though.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:26 pm

wolfking wrote:

Ah, that's not a good sign then.  I guess then there in no doubt for missing finals regardless so makes sense.  You never know though.

I wouldn't be unhappy if he played
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:33 pm

This rounds Fantasy Fantasy results are up and they can be found over here

Cheers
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:42 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Hmmm....Big Davey as well

NRL physio said Gus already tweeted Burton is out. The exemption for Cat 2 has been granted 4 times in ~180 cases, according to him (NRL physio, not Gus).

Given what we know of concussions why you can get an exemption if you fail a Cat 2 HIA but can't on a Cat 1 HIA is a little mystifying but #nrl

NRL physio also reckon they should have a week off before the GF because a gun player being ruled out due to 11-day standdown is going to break everyones brains at some point. Which is probably right. Will have all these "I know player safety is important BUT..." takes, for sure

Last edited by robelgordo on Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:46 pm

Meanwhile its hilarious how badly I manage the last 2 rounds every season

First time I made the top 1000, dropped from 421 to 996 in last 2 weeks. No trades, played with about 15 last round.

Scarred me so bad I spent the next 2 seasons being absolute dogshit at this game.

Then went goood last year, even made sure I had like 11 trades left at R20 and still 2 trades left with 2 rounds to go. Think I still played with 15, maybe less. Dropped from 40s to 82 in the last 2 weeks, which is a 1st world problem but still annoying.

This year, last 2 trades used last week, 1 on KoLOLa. Dropped from 162 to 231. This week, with Fifita out already at 17 players before teams even named. Probably heading back to 500.

If you play Fantasy Fantasy, get me from Round 6-20 next year, then drop me. I'm a slow starter and bad finisher.
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:47 pm

Not sure if this has been said

Sami is done for the season and will now have surgery on his ankle, as will star forward David Fifita, who has also been booked for ankle surgery.

The pair will miss the last game of the year against the Panthers, but are expected to be available to return for pre-season duties.
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:48 pm

Melbourne Storm won’t rest players this week.

Craig Bellamy rested 11 stars last round but is now looking to build momentum heading into the finals.

Ryan Papenhuyzen won’t play due to bone bruising on his leg.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:50 pm

robelgordo wrote:

NRL physio said Gus already tweeted Burton he's out. The exemption for Cat 2 has been grant 4 times in ~180 cases, according to him (NRL physio, not Gus).

Given what we know of concussions why you can get an exemption if you fail a Cat 2 HIA but can't on a Cat 1 HIA is a little mystifying buy #nrl

NRL physio also reckon they should have a week off before the GF because a gun player being ruled out due to 11-day stand down is going to break everyones brains at some point. Which is probably right. Will have all these "I know player safety is important BUT..." takes, for sure

Yeah, my assumption was that he failed a test he's out. Have to be some pretty serious mitigating factors to even apply for an exemption (Like you only failed because you're too dumb to answer the questions). Despite the implications for my fantasy team I have absolutely no issue with it.

Saw a few hot takes about high contact in tackles today where people was trying to be outraged about current policy based on the fact that the NRL isn't treating face massages or headlocks in completed tackle the same way so it can't be that serious.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:52 pm

Some poor bastard has probably got Trbo, Walker, Cheese, Wighton, Murray, Fifita, Fog, while holding Cleary for their last trade.

Oh wait. That’s me. 😂😂😂

Maybe Sipley can get named so I can play 13.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:53 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Yeah, my assumption was that he failed a test he's out. Have to be some pretty serious mitigating factors to even apply for an exemption (Like you only failed because you're too dumb to answer the questions). Despite the implications for my fantasy team I have absolutely no issue with it.

Saw a few hot takes about high contact in tackles today where people was trying to be outraged about current policy based on the fact that the NRL isn't treating face massages or headlocks in completed tackle the same way so it can't be that serious.

As in, people thinking facials are the same risk of brain injuries as a stiff arm to the jaw?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:54 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:Some poor bastard has probably got Trbo, Walker, Cheese, Wighton, Murray, Fifita, Fog, while holding Cleary for their last trade.

Oh wait. That’s me.  😂😂😂

Maybe Sipley can get named so I can play 13.

Fark that is brutal

I wish there was a gif to appropriately encapsulate my reaction to this
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:54 pm

robelgordo wrote:

As in, people thinking facials are the same risk of brain injuries as a stiff arm to the jaw?

Exactly, but more in a 'games gone soft' context
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:01 pm

Does anyone still care about judiciary?

Whitehead - 3 matches, so NRL career done. Also got 2 other fines so really going out with a bang. Maybe Robbo was right about that guy...

Kaufusi - 2 matches, but is doing a Murray - pleading guilty but seeking the downgrade. Wins and it's a fine. Loses and its 3 games. In the context of Dolphins season, this makes sense. Unlike when Souths did it.

Willison and Xerri - 1 match each

Bunch of fines, including Angus, NULL, and Iro.

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:02 pm

robelgordo wrote:Meanwhile its hilarious how badly I manage the last 2 rounds every season

First time I made the top 1000, dropped from 421 to 996 in last 2 weeks. No trades, played with about 15 last round.

Scarred me so bad I spent the next 2 seasons being absolute dogshit at this game.

Then went goood last year, even made sure I had like 11 trades left at R20 and still 2 trades left with 2 rounds to go. Think I still played with 15, maybe less. Dropped from 40s to 82 in the last 2 weeks, which is a 1st world problem but still annoying.

This year, last 2 trades used last week, 1 on KoLOLa. Dropped from 162 to 231. This week, with Fifita out already at 17 players before teams even named. Probably heading back to 500.

If you play Fantasy Fantasy, get me from Round 6-20 next year, then drop me. I'm a slow starter and bad finisher.

I just checked my last round last season and due to comical mass resting I played with 11 (Did Captain DCE for a 98 though) and still made ground from about 111 into 92

Hopefully get close to 17 this season Very Happy
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:08 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Patiently waiting for Rabbit to pop in and tell us all that he could take someones head off if he gave them a facial Wink
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:08 pm

ynot wrote:

I'm tempted.

I have a login system on yafss used for projections.

So it would just be select 6 players, a bench player and a captain? Captain gets x 2? New team each week (obviously?). I'd need to show overall rankings?

Is that it?

That's it, plus a $5 sign-up fee to make some money Razz
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:10 pm

Tigs wrote:Two Titans will head for early surgery on ankle injuries, bringing an end to their 2024 campaigns.

David Fifita and Phillip Sami will both go under the knife, with the pair expected to be available to return for pre-season duties.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles - Page 5 Giphy
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:25 pm

Fifita has lost 226k since I bought him. Scores weren't even that bad, until last 2 weeks.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:27 pm

robelgordo wrote:Fifita has lost 226k since I bought him. Scores weren't even that bad, until last 2 weeks.

Playing for a spot in our round 1 teams next year.

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:01 am