NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 20

Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 20 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 20

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:16 am

bootleg wrote:Ive been mulling over Merrin since the weekend. On one hand he had 1 bad score, although the weekend before his score would have been below par had he not bagged that try.

His minutes where way down over the weekend is that the norm or a once off? i have the money to up grade to a Jurbo or friend or should i sit tight and hope griffin gets a clue? thoughts

If Merrin gets the minutes he is a keeper if not, not so much

I'm thinking the same. Was cursing him previous week before he scored try. Kind of want him to be out a few weeks to make my decision easy

Last edited by Loomer on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 20 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 20

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:16 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:Just wondering who's on your trade target lists over the coming weeks? I take the, cow and upgrade to value/gun approach (not sure if it's the best). So trade targets for me rn are Harris, Friend, Macca, Fifita. How about you guys?

My trade target is to stop trading. Using the max and getting nowhere so far Evil or Very Mad

Already thinking about how to get some edge around R13
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:22 am

Thursday night - Cowboys v Panthers - Hess v Kikau

What a great sight it's going to be watch these 2 beasts running at each other.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:29 am

What would you do with my team re any potential trades with $184k bank

Smith
    Arrow, Lodge
    Jurbo, N. Brown, RFM
    Doueihi, L. Croker
    Mitchell, Isaako
    Tedesco, Ponga, Thompson

Cook, Griffin, Rochow, Kikau
    JFH, Cartwright, Havili, Kennar

Cheers
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:34 am

NRL physio had something saying Merrin "could miss 1-3 weeks" but its was as non committal as you'll find. Saying, if it was the injury it looked like, it could be....

I was hoping to just hold Merrin but will go to Murray, easy choice really. Will make more points.

Cant decide if it trade Carty/lCroker to RFM/NAS as well.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:41 am

White Lightning wrote:What would you do with my team re any potential trades with $184k bank

Smith
    Arrow, Lodge
    Jurbo, N. Brown, RFM
    Doueihi, L. Croker
    Mitchell, Isaako
    Tedesco, Ponga, Thompson

Cook, Griffin, Rochow, Kikau
    JFH, Cartwright, Havili, Kennar

Cheers

I think I would do JFH to someone like Dugan. Don’t really get owning both him and Kikau or Panther double up. Not even one of the teams playing first bye and not a glaringly lucrative cash cow

[edit] just noticed he has a BE of 10 so no rush on that move. I would save but he or Cartwright would be my next out
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:56 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:Just wondering who's on your trade target lists over the coming weeks? I take the, cow and upgrade to value/gun approach (not sure if it's the best). So trade targets for me rn are Harris, Friend, Macca, Fifita. How about you guys?

RTS, Fifita, Macca, possibly Taumalolo
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:59 am

Did anyone end up rage trading Merrin?

Feels very sideways to bump him but 40 minutes is a worry. Maybe it was just a one off. So hard to tell with him. He did play 56 mins in round two, but that score was saved by a try.

Trading Merrin leaves me with plenty of options but all may just end up scoring the same as Merrin anyway. I can't afford to move him to a real gun without downgrading elsewhere. ARGH

Also, absolute massive thank you to those who have tipped a few bucks my way. Bloody legends.

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:01 am; edited 2 times in total
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:00 am

GreenMachine wrote:

I think I would do JFH to someone like Dugan. Don’t really get owning both him and Kikau or Panther double up. Not even one of the teams playing first bye and not a glaringly lucrative cash cow

[edit] just noticed he has a BE of 10 so no rush on that move. I would save but he or Cartwright would be my next out

Cheers mate. I was going to mention JFH made 31k price rise & b/e 10 but I see you edited your post. Plus he's currently 2fr but if he continues to start at prop he'll probably get dpp frf/2fr at round 6 when they do their next review. Also he seems to be a Griffin favourite & plays around 50 mins.
    Yeah I keep coming back to Carty & how he is playing in a poor team. The strong part of his game is attack but he's not really going to have much of a chance to show his attacking prowess in a poor Titans side. I only have 574k to spend if I sell Carty so I could take a punt on K-Nik & play him over L. Croker.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:10 am

my tv broke wrote:Did anyone end up rage trading Merrin?

Feels very sideways to bump him but 40 minutes is a worry. Maybe it was just a one off. So hard to tell with him. He did play 56 mins in round two, but that score was saved by a try.

Trading Merrin leaves me with plenty of options but all may just end up scoring the same as Merrin anyway. I can't afford to move him to a real gun without downgrading elsewhere. ARGH

Also, absolute massive thank you to those who have tipped a few bucks my way. Bloody legends.

Ive gone Merrin to Murray. Seems a bit safer, plus pays rd 13 and makes me some coin to upgrade Lcroker or Cartwright to RFM or NAS.

Have pulled tigger on first trade, yet to do second trade.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:11 am

Ok so

Merrin and Lichaa to Alvaro and RTS

Or

Merrin to Fifita and bank a trade
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:11 am

Would you trade Teddy to RTS?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:16 am

my tv broke wrote:Did anyone end up rage trading Merrin?

Im waiting on an injury update/ TLT.

Is there any chance his low minutes last week were due to their rotations getting mucked about with the Cleary injury? Otherwise I have no idea why he didn't come on sooner... It is a concern.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:23 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Im waiting on an injury update/ TLT.

Is there any chance his low minutes last week were due to their rotations getting mucked about with the Cleary injury? Otherwise I have no idea why he didn't come on sooner... It is a concern.

You would think his minutes would have increased with the injury. Having one of your better players on the field while your chief play maker is off

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:24 am

THEGAME wrote:Would you trade Teddy to RTS?

My thoughts are that the WFB spot can be a bit like Russian Roulette. Therefore my preference (and what I told myself this season) is to deal with all other issues first before mucking round with who I have at the back. You'd think Teddy will come right, and this week he has the Warriors so I would definitely hold him for at one more week, but to be honest, I think he'll be a keeper still.

That being said, Rhino (I think) has stated he/she believes RTS is the gun WFB this year, and he/she may well be right. But, again, most teams will have a number of other, more measured and predictable moves to make at this point of the season.

The main justification I think for a move from Teddy to RTS would be the risky one of deliberately separating yourself form the pack and doubling up on a POD play (i.e. no Teddy 38% owned and having RTS instead 10%). That would certainly give you an advantage if it worked out !!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:25 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

You would think his minutes would have increased with the injury. Having one of your better players on the field while your chief play maker is off

Yeah I would think this. He went off after 20 mins, which was unusually early.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:26 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Yeah for sure, that's what I was expecting during the game, that he would come on earlier than usual to spark something... but the only alternative that I wondered about is that they were trying to conserve trades just in case they had another pressing issue to deal with?? I don't know mate, I think I might be clutching at straws...But it did seem very odd his minutes were so low. Perhaps the stern injury happened in the first half and was aggravated in the second so they reduced his minutes?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:33 am

Is Mattersons job security solid or is someone going to come in and bump him?
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:37 am

THEGAME wrote:Would you trade Teddy to RTS?

I've got Teddy and will be keeping him this week vs the Warriors, but im not against trading him out.

The concerning thing about Teddy is he is struggling to get his hands on the ball compared to some one like RTS.

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:43 am

Anyone interested in Keary. With Cronk steering the ship Keary is their main man in initiating attacks. In the game on Sunday he was attacking both edges & was very dangerous. He looked really good.

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:55 pm