NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 45 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Cookie Monster Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:30 pm

Cannon Ball wrote:Stuffed the setup of my team this week but was there a way to set up my team to look at the scores of both Taukeiaho and Verrills? My red dots in McCullough, Cook (and presumably Murray) are all from same game but I also have two trades in hand which I was planning to hold until the Manly game.

Verrills
    Haas AFB Watson
    Fifita Crichton
    Cleary Fogarty
    Bird Aitken
    Tedesco Ponga Drinkwater

Dearden McCullough* Cook* Murray*
    Tauk Hynes Walsh Schoupp

I'm going to assume that you'll be bringing in one of DCE or Turbo, plus some other random player (maybe both DCE and Turbo if you have bazillions in your bank)

You could of set your team as follows:

McCullough
    Haas Crichton Watson
    Fifita Bird
    Cleary Fogarty
    Schoupp Aitken
    Tedesco Ponga Walsh

Dearden
    AFB
    Cook*  (don't trade to a Hooker)
    Murray*   (don't trade to a Hooker)
    Tauk
    Verrills
    Hynes
    Drinkwater

If you wanted the score of Verrills  -  you didn't have to do anything

If you wanted the score of SST  -  you would of swapped Watson with AFB, and then Watson back into the starting team in place of Macca

If you didn't want either of their scores you could of swapped Hynes with Cook (or Murray) and then traded Cook (or Murray) to a Hooker. You would then swap this Hooker with Macca
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 45 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:01 pm

New season, new villainy!

Thoughts on this one?

Cook
    Haas Mann Lolo
    Tuilagi Nanai
    Burton Schnieider
    Tago Paulo
    Pappy Hynes Crichton

Randall Ipap Bullemor JTB

Coates MKing Ilias Walters

Coates goes well, leave it, otherwise swap MKing in for JTB. Ilias goes okay leave it as he's the only half to come in, if he's really terrible swap Scheider and Walters and give Walters a crack.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:08 pm

Mulvy wrote:New season, new villainy!

Thoughts on this one?

Cook
    Haas Mann Lolo
    Tuilagi Nanai
    Burton Schnieider
    Tago Paulo
    Pappy Hynes Crichton

Randall Ipap Bullemor JTB

Coates MKing Ilias Walters

Coates goes well, leave it, otherwise swap MKing in for JTB. Ilias goes okay leave it as he's the only half to come in, if he's really terrible swap Scheider and Walters and give Walters a crack.

Have almost exactly the same loop, just with Vailea instead of JTB and Sam Walker instead of Walters. Coates in particular is good as a first-look loop - he'll have a few very big games.

Where are you setting the over/under? I'm reckoning about 35 on Coates/King and 40 on Ilias/SWalker (would be lower for Walters. Still have confidence that SWalker has a decent chance at going large. I doubt Ilias will get to 40 to put decision to test though.)
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:26 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Have almost exactly the same loop, just with Vailea instead of JTB and Sam Walker instead of Walters. Coates in particular is good as a first-look loop - he'll have a few very big games.

Where are you setting the over/under? I'm reckoning about 35 on Coates/King and 40 on Ilias/SWalker (would be lower for Walters. Still have confidence that SWalker has a decent chance at going large. I doubt Ilias will get to 40 to put decision to test though.)

I think you're right about Coates/King, 35 seems right although I think I would find it hard to take 35-40 after Max's performance last week, so I could maybe push it to 40 depending on gut feels. Ilias wouldn't have to do much for me to take his score. Walters on the bench could get fuck all, so I expect I'll be taking Ilias' score unless he gets a HIA or something. For you, again, think you're right, I wouldn't accept anything less than 40 from Ilias, as you say Walker has a fairly high ceiling.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:36 pm

I guess one problem is that arranging it this way gives me no centre cover, I could arrange it conventionally so I have cover...
    TherealTimSimona

Post by TherealTimSimona Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:55 pm

So if I put Schneider in my starting side and put ilias as my 1st EMG, I can see if he ilias scores good and use his points but if he scores shit again and since i've got walters, I can sub walters in for Schneider

Am I right or?

My team is

Randall
    Haas/AFB/Tapine
    Fifita/Tuilagi
    Schneider/ Moses
    Penisini/Tago
    Crichton/Hynes/Papy

Bullemor/Nanai/M.King/J.Simpkin
    Ilias/Walters/Cotric/Berry
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:04 am

TherealTimSimona wrote:So if I put Schneider in my starting side and put ilias as my 1st EMG, I can see if he ilias scores good and use his points but if he scores shit again and since i've got walters, I can sub walters in for Schneider

Am I right or?

My team is

Randall
    Haas/AFB/Tapine
    Fifita/Tuilagi
    Schneider/ Moses
    Penisini/Tago
    Crichton/Hynes/Papy

Bullemor/Nanai/M.King/J.Simpkin
    Ilias/Walters/Cotric/Berry

You are correct, Ilias would come in Schneider, but if he scored shit you could sub in Walters for Schneider.

But it's not a very effective loop since Ilias and Walters might both score poorly. A better option, might be to start Cotric or Berry at WFB, move Hynes to HLF, Schneider to your bench, and loop Ilias vs King or Simpkin or Berry/Cotric or some combination of that.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:14 am

Here’s a double loop.

I unfortunately can’t loop both Coates and JKing, but I think gambling on Coates starting gives me more  options, with my 4 emergency players can get 5 out of 6 combinations.

Mahoney
    Haas Uto Mann
    Wilton Nanai
    Burton Schneider
    Aitken Crichton
    Papy Mitchell Coates

Randall Clark Bullemor Vailea

JKing Leniu Tuilagi Ilias

To get:
    JKing and Ilias - do nothing
    JKing and Leniu - swap Mann and Bully
    JKing and Tuilagi - swap Mann and Bully, swap Vailea and Tuilagi

Ilias and Leniu/Tuilagi - swap Vailea and Leniu/Tuilagi (don’t think I can look at Leniu first then get Tuilagi, will have to choose one)

Leniu and Tuilagi - swap Mann and Bully, swap Mann and Schneider, swap Schneider/Vailea to Leniu/Tuilagi
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:25 am

robelgordo wrote:Here’s a double loop.

I unfortunately can’t loop both Coates and JKing, but I think gambling on Coates starting gives me more  options, with my 4 emergency players can get 5 out of 6 combinations.

Mahoney
    Haas Uto Mann
    Wilton Nanai
    Burton Schneider
    Aitken Crichton
    Papy Mitchell Coates

To get:

Ilias and Leniu/Tuilagi - swap Vailea and Leniu/Tuilagi (don’t think I can look at Leniu first then get Tuilagi, will have to choose one)

Leniu and Tuilagi - swap Mann and Bully, swap Mann and Schneider, swap Schneider/Vailea to Leniu/Tuilagi

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 45 Calculation-math

Wowsers! The already high esteem I hold you in has gone up a few notches. Brilliant! The use of Mann's Hlf/Mid dpp is first class.
    TherealTimSimona

Post by TherealTimSimona Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:55 am

@Mulvy I was thinking that but then realised Berry is up against fifita, not sure about cotric but I get the looping concept now
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:07 am

TherealTimSimona wrote:@Mulvy I was thinking that but then realised Berry is up against fifita, not sure about cotric but I get the looping concept now

Fair enough mate. As you can see it's complicated. In my team example above, if I swap Mann and Ipap for example, I can no longer loop Ilias and Walters because Mann would come in for Schneider instead of Walters for example.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:16 am

Mulvy wrote:

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 45 Calculation-math

Wowsers! The already high esteem I hold you in has gone up a few notches. Brilliant! The use of Mann's Hlf/Mid dpp is first class.

It took me a long time. Has to get a spreadsheet and check it all worked lol

If I had another CTR I think there could be some more options involving Burton/Vailea/Schneider
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:50 am

Mahoney
    Haas Uto Mann
    Wilton Nanai
    Burton Schneider
    Aitken Crichton
    Papy Mitchell Coates

To get:

That is very nice indeed!

Unfortunately I don't have an option to loop Ilias unless I wanted to start Coates at WFB for Hynes, but I'd rather start Ilias than Coates. Think I'll just chuck Schneider at 17, get a look at Clarks score and can loop in M King instead (or that could be Coates but King probably the better option I think)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:22 am

Just popping into the hive to see if I’ve got this right.

Mahoney
    Crichton, Bully, Mann
    Wilton, Fermor
    Sexton, Schneider
    Burton, Smith
    Pappy, Hynes, Crichton

Starling, Randall, Nanai, MKing
    Clark, Leniu, Ilias, Amone

1. So first up I get to look at Ilias’ score, if it’s good I can leave it alone.
    2. If it’s not good I can swap Amone and Leniu and have a look at Amone.
    3. If I’m still not happy I can move Mann to HLF, MKing to MID and move Clark into 17th man and hope for a better outcome.

Hopefully that should work this week?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:55 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Just popping into the hive to see if I’ve got this right.

Mahoney
    Crichton, Bully, Mann
    Wilton, Fermor
    Sexton, Schneider
    Burton, Smith
    Pappy, Hynes, Crichton

Starling, Randall, Nanai, MKing
    Clark, Leniu, Ilias, Amone

1. So first up I get to look at Ilias’ score, if it’s good I can leave it alone.
    2. If it’s not good I can swap Amone and Leniu and have a look at Amone.
    3. If I’m still not happy I can move Mann to HLF, MKing to MID and move Clark into 17th man and hope for a better outcome.

Hopefully that should work this week?

Yep good plan
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:00 am

Neat loop, I think. Posting here so I can remember how it works. Tell me if I've got this wrong?

Randall
    Haas, Taumalolo, Bullemor
    Fifita, Fermor
    Clifford, Walker
    Aitken, Tago
    Paps, Crichton, Hynes

Mann, Nanai, Tuilagi, (Vailea)

Coates, Billy Smith, MKing, (Schneider)

Scenario 1:

Coates scores well, BSmith doesn't: leave as is, get Coates's score

Scenario 2:

Neither Coates or BSmith score well: swap MKing with Vailea, get MKing's score

Scenario 3:

Coates scores badly, BSmith scores well: Swap Vailea with Aitken, swap Aitken with Fermor, get BSmith's score in the centre

Scenario 4

Both Coates and BSmith score well: Swap Schneider with Tuilagi, get Coates and BSmith's scores

Don't think I'd need to make any moves until after Friday's games when Coates and BSmith have both played but none of the others involved have. By "scoring well". probably mean high 30s, but a bit higher for scenario 4.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:09 am

Mahoney
    Haas Uto Mann
    Wilton Nanai
    Burton Schneider
    Aitken Crichton
    Papy Mitchell Coates

To get:

Beautiful work. Looping phD.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:25 pm

BCT05 wrote:

That is very nice indeed!

Unfortunately I don't have an option to loop Ilias unless I wanted to start Coates at WFB for Hynes, but I'd rather start Ilias than Coates. Think I'll just chuck Schneider at 17, get a look at Clarks score and can loop in M King instead (or that could be Coates but King probably the better option I think)

I might end up going something more simple because starting Coates ahead of some of those guys seems gross.

I’m giving myself the most options but maybe not the optimal ones?
    Bazoots

Post by Bazoots Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:33 pm

Pretty happy with this loop but it sounds too good to be true:

Uto and Sch in my playing 13
    Interchange: Randall, Wilton, SCritta, Mann
    Emergencies: Penis, Ilias, Coates and Ming

Can see who gets the bigger score out of Ilias and Penis before choosing but if they both score shit can roll the dice with Ming.

Ilias goes big swap Mann and Uto.
    Penis goes big do nothing
    Both shit swap Mann with Sch and then Sch with Ming
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:39 pm

Bazoots wrote:Pretty happy with this loop but it sounds too good to be true:

Uto and Sch in my playing 13
    Interchange: Randall, Wilton, SCritta, Mann
    Emergencies: Penis, Ilias, Coates and Ming

Can see who gets the bigger score out of Ilias and Penis before choosing but if they both score shit can roll the dice with Ming.

Ilias goes big swap Mann and Uto.
    Penis goes big do nothing
    Both shit swap Mann with Sch and then Sch with Ming

Looks like it will work

Only have a short window between Penisini and Schneider's games. So have to make that decision quickly if it comes to it. But otherwise you can watch both Ilias and Penisini play and then get the biggest score risk free (or ditch them for King if they both suck)

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:32 am