NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 3 - Trials by Combat

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 3 - Trials by Combat - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 3 - Trials by Combat

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:21 pm

Genderbender wrote:Sooo how’s everyone’s morning been?

Pretty good, was wondering if ponga scores better with Mann involved?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 3 - Trials by Combat - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 3 - Trials by Combat

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:22 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Pretty good, was wondering if ponga scores better with Mann involved?

I think once he's injury free, Elliot will be starting lock. (which would likely be better for Ponga attacking involvement)
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:24 pm

my tv broke wrote:"Ponga hit the ground after a high tackle from Roosters prop Matt Lodge, whose left arm connected with the fullback's right shoulder and neck region. "

"Ponga was collected high by Nathan Cleary and was deemed to have suffered a category one concussion, which automatically ruled him out of Newcastle’s upcoming fixture against the Gold Coast Titans."

two examples of poor tackling technique
    pwned

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:35 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I think once he's injury free, Elliot will be starting lock. (which would likely be better for Ponga attacking involvement)

Makes sense, Elliot loves a pub toilet too

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:41 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Makes sense, Elliot loves a pub toilet too

Pretty good morning you say? I say you’re killing it! lol!

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:44 pm

Agree with the cow, you’d have to think they’d want a zippier Mann on later in the half to exploit any potential fatigue. Ponga is the sort of kid that just needs to be healthy, physically and mentally, if he has that then he’ll kill it no matter what.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:52 pm

Concussed wrote:

Totally agree re strategies vs one strategy. The game in real life changes each season so you have to adapt to how that will affect fantasy scores each season as well (this is where being focussed purely on the numbers can fail). My post was more aimed at the ones that definitely play the game the wrong way, and by that I don’t mean you have to do what I do or anyone else in particular…but there are clearly posters here that you can just tell will never win it unfortunately. At the end of the day it is a game within a game and should mainly be played as an extension of joy we already get from Rugny League 😀

There should be a list of these guys, or a green light on their profile or something to show that maybe what they say has been backed up with results in the past? It might stop a few of the arguments…yes I said a few haha

You don’t sound concussed at all!
    I’m going to give you the only green light my powers on this forum enable

alien
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:03 pm

Genderbender wrote:

You don’t sound concussed at all!
    I’m going to give you the only green light my powers on this forum enable

alien

Oh I very much am unfortunately…ask my toddler on days I am a wreck and can’t play Crying or Very sad

Thanks for the green light though, but I am sure there are others way more deserving than I, it was more of an idea to let others know who would be better to trust on a 50/50 call. I think there is a lot to be said for needing to ask a hive mind 50 times a day what to do anyway, but that is probably a different story. This place is amazing for quality information though, but the quality stuff can get lost pretty quickly in the sheer volume and/or measuring contests
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:05 pm

Genderbender wrote:Sooo how’s everyone’s morning been?
    😂
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:17 pm

filthridden wrote:Despite being named on the bench for tonight's trial match against the Parramatta Eels, Elliott will now miss the clash after stepping on a team-mate's shoe.

Already battling a hip issue, Elliott rolled his ankle during a drill at training after stepping on another Knight's foot, however the injury isn't expected to rule the middle forward out long-term.

- OK so this sounds like some "Dave Taylor fell out of his bed" level story. What really happened?!

Does the source for this really say shoe and then foot in the same article ? Where was the shoe when it was stepped on, disguising a box jellyfish ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:25 pm

Concussed wrote:

Totally agree re strategies vs one strategy. The game in real life changes each season so you have to adapt to how that will affect fantasy scores each season as well (this is where being focussed purely on the numbers can fail). My post was more aimed at the ones that definitely play the game the wrong way, and by that I don’t mean you have to do what I do or anyone else in particular…but there are clearly posters here that you can just tell will never win it unfortunately. At the end of the day it is a game within a game and should mainly be played as an extension of joy we already get from Rugny League 😀

There should be a list of these guys, or a green light on their profile or something to show that maybe what they say has been backed up with results in the past? It might stop a few of the arguments…yes I said a few haha

The open nature and need to adapt strategy wise totally conflicts with then saying green light for some... Gestapo much ?
    We could just have everyone submit bullet point posts to the mods, and then if approved they get the honour of being posted with a A+ next to them

Shitposting
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:51 pm

Surely Averillo and Burns are the Bulldogs starting centres, Alamoti will get a gig at some stage just cant see him starting round 1.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:56 pm

I think the forum serves different, and often multiple, purposes for everyone. Some use it for the serious business of sharing NRLF insights (both valuable and otherwise), some use it to write down every thought that pops into their head (whether self generated or regurgitated), some need to get positive affirmation about their ever changing plans and some, like me, use as a place to speak shit about NRL because no one they know gives a flying one about it.

Wading through the chaff to find the wheat that bakes your loaf is part of the fun

I will concede though that asking the same question multiple times while ignoring the answers you don't want to hear is a little bit irritating and deserves any shit posts it invokes.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:03 pm

Anyone got some news on A Crichton. I have my draft tonight and I need some news re: him and E Butcher.

Thanks
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:05 pm

Aardvark wrote:I think the forum serves different, and often multiple, purposes for everyone. Some use it for the serious business of sharing NRLF insights (both valuable and otherwise), some use it to write down every thought that pops into their head (whether self generated or regurgitated), some need to get positive affirmation about their ever changing plans and some, like me, use as a place to speak shit about NRL because no one they know gives a flying one about it.

Wading through the chaff to find the wheat that bakes your loaf is part of the fun

I will concede though that asking the same question multiple times while ignoring the answers you don't want to hear is a little bit irritating and deserves any shit posts it invokes.

I come here for the quality, also a touch of Eastern wisdom that brother Aardvark readily hands out for free.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:17 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Anyone got some news on A Crichton. I have my draft tonight and I need some news re: him and E Butcher.

Thanks

No one knows anything beyond he was taking some time off for some personal reason. Angus is suppoesedly back training. Someone randomly said without a source he will be ready for round one. Someone randomly said without a source that he will take a lot of the 2023 season off from footy.

So? Week to week. If he starts and no Angus, probably gets 50ish mins sharing an edge.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:19 pm

Got my eye on Keppie and Hopgood tonight. The ole eye test.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:25 pm

Revraiser wrote:Got my eye on Keppie and Hopgood tonight. The ole eye test.

Beer o,clock, trying to get my eye in Beer
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:27 pm

White Lightning wrote:

fuck off cunt

I think it is spelled feck orf kent ...

often the best approach when you say something stupid is not too double down stupid but to grace the page good humour
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:33 pm

Revraiser wrote:Got my eye on Keppie and Hopgood tonight. The ole eye test.
    Sure you do. Keep an eye on the important stuff like what selection of beers are available please.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:56 pm