NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:30 pm

FalconSloth wrote:David Fifita Re-Signs. Announced it on his instagram

Fuck. Just saw the post
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:31 pm

FalconSloth wrote:David Fifita Re-Signs. Announced it on his instagram

Good for the comp, good for titans, hope he has a big year

Last edited by GarethEllisismyDad on Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:23 am; edited 4 times in total
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:31 pm

Initial thoughts

Uto and IKatoa to Cartwright and Ford.
    Mostly a play for cash Gen can't go straight from Ikatoa to Cartwright
    Potentially sideways. Liked the uto minutes however.
    Poor squad value has been my downfall the past couple of years
    Thoughts?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:33 pm

mattnz wrote:

Why would you have looked at selecting him over Moale who was starting?

Shaq's name is way cooler, like way cooler. And has a surname with pedigree. One of those "I should just pick that guy" vibes.

I didn't pick either, but thought about Shaq longer than Moale before scrolling on.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:34 pm

mattnz wrote:

Taking a stab I would say whenever Moale started last year he was used for the first quarter and didn't return
    He is only young and more of a long term project player but even off the bench is a poor mans Leniu

Shaq against the sharks smaller reserves and tired forwards he was a handful and got better as the game went
    He just needs match fitness and a mirror to see how big he is

But why I would choose him personally is that Shaq is a big bastard and fantasy suits a weapon like him

Anyways I chose Chee Kam but we won't go there
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:36 pm

@Beth I notice you think Uto was a dud buy. He could be but maybe too early to say that. His BE was 27 he got 32. The most encouraging thing was the 50mins. If he keeps that he will score better. I think I’ll have to hold. If his mins go down back to 40 then yeah I might have to sell the week after.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:37 pm

Fifita re-signing happened way too early in the season for the Titans. Hopefully won't need to hide behind the couch as often and pick him up for a discount sooner.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:39 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Taking a stab I would say whenever Moale started last year he was used for the first quarter and didn't return
    He is only young and more of a long term project player but even off the bench is a poor mans Leniu

Shaq against the sharks smaller reserves and tired forwards he was a handful and got better as the game went
    He just needs match fitness and a mirror to see how big he is

But why I would choose him personally is that Shaq is a big bastard and fantasy suits a weapon like him

Anyways I chose Chee Kam but we won't go there
    Before last week Shaq in 3 games off the bench had never had more than 13 minutes. Nice pick in hindsight when 2 big minute MIDs played 20 minutes between them, but no one was seriously picking him.

Bench was:
    Arrow - huge minute MID 50+ minutes
    Burgess - plays about 40 off the bench
    Shaq - 11 to 13 minutes last season

Murray - for 65+ minutes
    Tatola - averaged 46 minutes last season
    Moale - who knows when starting, maybe 30+?

It means the minutes typically for Shaq would have been what was left, around maybe 10ish like last season

Last edited by mattnz on Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:51 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Before last week Shaq in 3 games off the bench had never had more than 13 minutes. Nice pick in hindsight when 2 big minute MIDs played 20 minutes between them, but no one was seriously picking him.

Mate it's not a competition, don't make it one
    I prefer Shaq over Moale simple, he looks more of a fantasy player to me but I chose neither
    Also I watched the all stars and he looked pretty good there, and I have watched games with Moale too. Not everything is stats
    Hindsight is fine because that is how we learn even if we don't understand why until now.

To be honest I don't care if anyone seriously chooses anyone
    I chose chee kam as he was starting on the edge and heard Arrow was viewed as a middle so make of that as you will
    And the fact choosing a player like this is funny and makes people angry for some reason makes it bonus
    I wish I chose Shaq now too

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:57 pm

Host will be back round 3/4 and will start I’d say. Chee Kam might hold a bench spot though.

Arrow back round 3/4 I’d say likely round 4, Tatola probs back round 3 and Sele, Shaq could miss the 17.

In terms of Moale and Shaq for who makes the team Moale is ahead of Shaq I’m pretty sure.

I won’t be buying Cheeks, Moale or Shaq.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:58 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Host will be back round 3/4 and will start I’d say. Chee Kam might hold a bench spot though.

Arrow back round 3/4 I’d say likely round 4, Tatola probs back round 3 and Sele, Shaq could miss the 17.

In terms of Moale and Shaq for who makes the team Moale is ahead of Shaq I’m pretty sure.

I won’t be buying Cheeks, Moale or Shaq.

Someone said earlier Arrow is good to go this week
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:02 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

I prefer Shaq over Moale simple, he looks more of a fantasy player to me but I chose neither
    Also I watched the all stars and he looked pretty good there, and I have watched games with Moale too. Not everything is stats
    Hindsight is fine because that is how we learn even if we don't understand why until now.

I chose chee kam as he was starting on the edge and heard Arrow was viewed as a middle so make of that as you will
    And the fact choosing a player like this is funny and makes people angry for some reason makes it bonus

Someone was saying they were seriously looking at Shaq and I asked why they would have selected him over Moale. You then went on about how great Shaq played, with hindsight benefit, nothing at all to do with why anyone would have selected him off the bench.

Don't get shitty when I refute your bullshit with sound analysis, which we all know was just because it was me that posted it.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:06 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Choosing for fantasy bantz seems a valid strategy this year. Carty, MCK... when Zac Cini is named we should be all over him.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:12 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Choosing for fantasy bantz seems a valid strategy this year. Carty, MCK... when Zac Cini is named we should be all over him.

Cini scored 42 on the weekend, marginally above his 40.5 career average in NSW Cup

He’s a keeper CTR!

But seriously I’d take him if he got a run in the centres at the Eels

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:14 pm

mattnz wrote:

I thought he looked good in the all stars match and when I would have picked him was when him and Moale were both named on the bench on TLT but ultimately I thought hed get less minutes out of the two but thought he’d still had a better work rate than Moale in a shorter time. So that’s why I ended up with May from the roosters. I thought he could do a lot of damage in limited minutes.

In hindsight somewhat glad I didn’t start with Shaq because I might have panic traded to Moale when he was named to start
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:22 pm

MF wrote:

I thought he looked good in the all stars match and when I would have picked him was when him and Moale were both named on the bench on TLT but ultimately I thought hed get less minutes out of the two but thought he’d still had a better work rate than Moale in a shorter time. So that’s why I ended up with May from the roosters. I thought he could do a lot of damage in limited minutes.

In hindsight somewhat glad I didn’t start with Shaq because I might have panic traded to Moale when he was named to start

I ended up with May as well, was the only recognised MID on the bench, had a great preseason and is a fantasy beast. Would have been nice if he had picked up the extra minutes Baker played when he was activated as 18th man.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:24 pm

mattnz wrote:

I ended up with May as well, was the only recognised MID on the bench, had a great preseason and is a fantasy beast.

Even with injuries I doubt he gets a start (would be nice) but he’s probably best being a beast off the bench against tired forwards. I probably will play him this week regardless
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:25 pm

MF wrote:

Even with injuries I doubt he gets a start (would be nice) but he’s probably best being a beast off the bench against tired forwards. I probably will play him this week regardless

Looking like a decent 18th man for now for me.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:27 pm

mattnz wrote:

Looking like a decent 18th man for now for me.

Either him or Trindall for me so flip of a coin
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:29 pm

Pretty safe to say that Shaq has leap frogged Davey on the weekend performance, its a long campaign everyone will get a turn no need to push and shove.

Current date/time is Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:29 am