NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:20 pm

Loomer wrote:

Almost went without him but joined the bandwagon. Mins/Role issue. Bye coming up and have 2 other Roosters. Rib issue worry.

Easy sell for coin maker or better prospect

Min/role issue was 2 injuries to others, the bye was always coming up, the rib issue is maybe fictional?

He was as close to a must have a week ago, either everyone was wrong, or it's a huge overreaction.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:23 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Min/role issue was 2 injuries to others, the bye was always coming up, the rib issue is maybe fictional?

He was as close to a must have a week ago, either everyone was wrong, or it's a huge overreaction.

Tbf I was off him for a decent part of the off-season and only started putting him in my drafts once Watson's injury was announced.

The fact that he was close to 50% owned is why I went along with it in the end, I didn't really pick him based on eye test like I did for most of my other 21 starters. Turpin's presence on the bench should have been enough for me to run for the hills but I didn't have the nerve to do it at that level of ownership
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:30 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Its a real head scratcher for me that folks who bought a guy for 30s to 60s scoring are punting him because of a 35 first up.

Coach even said they will work him up to 80 mins. This was known.

The roosters were awful. They arent going to be awful every week. Or will they?

I am punting Garner though. Watch him score 50 in 80 mins this week hahaha

I have guys that scored worse who are staying in my team, because they got the role I was looking for. Cheese didn't get the role we bought him for and the situation just got worse with the Lodge injury. If you can swap him to a guy like Mahoney, who has at least as much upside, (63 average 2 seasons ago, priced high 40s now), did great in a team that didn't play well, doesn't have a bye for weeks and can be a season keeper with a good Origin schedule and most importantly already has the role that you would want from him.

Before anyone says Mahoney isn't scoring a try every week, he had 63 points without the try and 58 points in base stats.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:32 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Thoughts on the following?

a) Just 1 trade, Garner -> Sutton

b) 2 trades, Garner and Talau to Carty & 461k or under (shortlist of Kenny/HTF/CNK)

Leaning towards the safe but boring option A at this stage.

EDIT: Just realised Garner to Carty and banking the cash is also an option. That's probably the play hey.

I currently have your option B (HTF) locked in as I needed to shore up my centres.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:35 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Thoughts on the following?

a) Just 1 trade, Garner -> Sutton

b) 2 trades, Garner and Talau to Carty & 461k or under (shortlist of Kenny/HTF/CNK)

Leaning towards the safe but boring option A at this stage.

EDIT: Just realised Garner to Carty and banking the cash is also an option. That's probably the play hey.

I don't think Talau is a sell, happy with the performance on 1 leg in a beaten side. In most teams that would leave them short of WFB/CTR cover.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:35 pm

mattnz wrote:because they got the role I was looking for. Cheese didn't get the role we bought him for and the situation just got worse with the Lodge injury.

They lost two props to HIAs, and he had a HIA himself?

I don't know how you could expect any different to what happened on the day with the injuries they had. Wasn't any secret Robinson had said he won't play 80 mins straight up.

Literally nothing has changed since 5 days ago except that he didnt score 50+ points.

mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:37 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I don't know how you could expect any different to what happened on the day with the injuries they had. Wasn't any secret Robinson had said he won't play 80 mins straight up.

Literally nothing has changed since 5 days ago except that he didnt score 50+ points.

You dont have Cheese right?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:37 pm

robelgordo wrote:

One thing that has changed in one week is his BE. It means his price will likely be pretty stable unless he goes really large. Most of us are playing a dodgy 17th man or dodgy wfb. If you can sure up another position whilst getting someone like Ford or Loiero who could make 100k and play an extra game in that time, then it has merit I think. Remember early cash is the best kind of cash.
    EJ24
    EJ24

Post by EJ24 Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:40 pm

Currently pondering a trade of Cheese and E.Butcher to Loiero and Tohu. Price rises have stalled and with the bye in round 4, holding them could put you behind in terms of cash generation.

Loiero to be a solid option for cash generation and a 40 point average.

Tohu knocking out a 70 mostly in base stats seems like he is back to his old form. Priced at 50, could average close to 60 going off previous years as a big minute lock.

More of a conservative option would be to hold trades or go Talau to a BMM.

Thoughts ?
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:45 pm

Kieran Foran’s knee injury now being identified as a “severe cork” - a downgrade from initial fears of a PCL tear, which would of seen him miss 2-4 weeks. Still needs to be monitored - but growing confidence
    @GCTitans
    that he will play this wknd.
    @9NewsGoldCoast

@9NewsQueensland
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:47 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:If you didn't have Loeiro and did have Garner would you trade or hold.

Looks solid to me. Just went back and watched the Storm/Eels game. Loiero played well I thought. The only time someone got past him was when they were caught short and Munster raced out of the line leaving a big hole next to Loiero for Paulo to run through. He made a couple of tackles where he raced across to lunge into a tackle ending up around the legs without dropping off. I like that as a fantasy coach, nothing worse than guys making good real life effort plays only to be given a demerit for dropping off at the last second. Seems like a no nonsense guy Bellamy should be happy with who should score 40 in base with nothing really flashy and eventually getting a try to fast track price rises. I am considering. Sims is a risk but should play middle. Bigger risk is probably in-game shuffles to centre.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:50 pm

Garner is probably going to burn everyone that trades him out (inc me)
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:53 pm

EJ24 wrote:Currently pondering a trade of Cheese and E.Butcher to Loiero and Tohu. Price rises have stalled and with the bye in round 4, holding them could put you behind in terms of cash generation.

Loiero to be a solid option for cash generation and a 40 point average.

Tohu knocking out a 70 mostly in base stats seems like he is back to his old form. Priced at 50, could average close to 60 going off previous years as a big minute lock.

More of a conservative option would be to hold trades or go Talau to a BMM.

Thoughts ?

Smith to Loiero looks a decent move for cash gen.

then just hold or do something like Talau to a guy like I.Thompson.

Butcher was tracking well could easily make as much or more cash then Tohu.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:53 pm

All this Cheese chat has me scared to get rid of him. It’s a scary prospect indeed
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:58 pm

my tv broke wrote:Garner is probably going to burn everyone that trades him out (inc me)

Yeah half expecting him to play 80 and score a try
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:59 pm

Sounds about right

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 20 Garner11

Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:01 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Yes I debated going without him a lot but was spooked by high ownership. I think that was a mistake in hindsight
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:02 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Turpin replaced Smith for HIA, then came back on at 28 minutes, when Lodge went off (not the Lodge HIA, a planned interchange), there had been no other HIAs at that stage. Obviously Cheese moved to lock then in a planned move.

Since that game, the situation has got worse with the Lodge injury and potentially Radley being out (more than likely).

From game 1, Turpin was intended to get what looks like 50+ minutes at HOK, with Cheese playing lock for significant periods. The bench named this week shows that this should continue. If you replace Lodge with JWH and they keep the same game plan, he still has a HOK / Lock role, not a big minute HOK role.

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:06 pm

Is TMM to HTF sideways? Nagging feeling that it is despite R1
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:07 pm

Turpin was intended to get 50+ mins at hooker, ok im out

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:27 am