NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:16 pm

Chewie wrote:

Same here, she can do what she likes

Ohhh. So ur the hairy guy she goes on about at times ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:17 pm

No Worries wrote:

C - Pick her up after the game

Ooofff !
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:17 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Essentially for me it’s….

Egan & Cheese
    For Preston & Tohu?
    Or
    Talau & Cheese
    For Preston & Bird?

Such a hard decision.

Don't overthink it mate. Trade out the two injured guys. Can re-evaluate Butcher next week.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:24 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Don't overthink it mate. Trade out the two injured guys. Can re-evaluate Butcher next week.
    I think I will I badly wanted Tohu but centre is more volatile.

Overthinking yes it’s what I do sometimes.

Won’t be overthinking tomorrow will be at the game will try post a photo of the view! I’m pumped already! Nerves will kick in tomrrow!

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:24 pm

Looks like a lot of people went light in the MIDs (or else sold the Cheese early).

I was going to say if you play Hopgood on the bench he is great cover and you won't have to buy someone you don't want but looks like a lot of teams loaded up on EDGs (plus It does mean you can't captain him if that is your preference).
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:25 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I think I will I badly wanted Tohu but centre is more volatile.

A long hot shower is whats needed to clear your head Basketball Basketball Basketball
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:25 pm

Aardvark wrote:Looks like a lot of people went light in the MIDs (or else sold the Cheese early).

I was going to say if you play Hopgood on the bench he is great cover and you won't have to buy someone you don't want but looks like a lot of teams loaded up on EDGs  (plus It does mean you can't captain him if that is your preference).
    Yep me I sold Uto last week to Carty and wish I didn’t ah well.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:28 pm

Aardvark wrote:Looks like a lot of people went light in the MIDs (or else sold the Cheese early).

I was going to say if you play Hopgood on the bench he is great cover and you won't have to buy someone you don't want but looks like a lot of teams loaded up on EDGs  (plus It does mean you can't captain him if that is your preference).

I have mids and edges coming out my arse, off to the chemist to grab some anusol.....
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:31 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Well and truly stuck in the weeds on trade thoughts this week.

My current plan is Cheese + Ford -> Robson + Preston.

Advantage of this is not having to worry about hooker with Smith, Boyd et al being duds so far. However I'm not super keen on trading Ford, still think he has decent money to make and trading him leaves me without mid cover.

So the other option I'm considering is Butcher + Cheese to gun HOK (could afford anyone) + Preston. This leaves better squad balance long term with Ford still covering mid, but a weaker 17 this week as I'd have to loop AKP and I Katoa hope for something playable, with Doorey also moving up to 16. I'm also not that keen on selling Butcher as I think he'll come good, but I have an overabundance of EDG options (Katoa, Loiero, Hopgod, Carty, Doorey, Preston) and he seems the one least likely to make money immediately.

There's also the option of Smith + Ford to Tohu + Preston. That leaves me with MID cover but no HOK cover, with Boyd at hooker and I Katoa filling in at HLF this week.

So to summarise (assuming Smith out and Preston in is a constant in all 3 scenarios):

a) Ford to Robson, leaving no MID cover and Doorey/I Katoa in the loop
    b) E Butcher to gun HOK. Could afford Cook/Grant and still have a bit of bank left, but a weaker 17 this week with Doorey playing and I Katoa/AKP in the loop.
    c) Ford to Tohu, leaving no HOK cover, Boyd at HOK, I Katoa filling in at HLF, and Doorey/AKP in the loop.

It's a bit of a mess whatever way I do it. I'm starting to think B makes the most sense when I put it like that - can afford a premium gun, maintain solid cover when Ford is back next week, and still have ~100-200k to play with depending on who I get out of Robson/Grant/Cook.

Very similar boat to you mate. Dilemma is Reed v Robson v Grant I think.
    Reed offers a lot of value at a lower price, no risk of Origin and he looks to have a much larger influence on the team - kicking, running, attacking returns etc
    Robson is a gun 80 min hooker, has a great bye schedule but a higher BE and may be priced about right at the mo
    Grant - a genuine captaincy option most weeks, looks lively everytime he gets his hands on the ball and someone you hate to watch as a non owner. Kicks the ball, runs it and tackles a lot.

When I write it out I feel like Grant;s the guy, but damn Reed's potential and extra cash are enticing, and Reece's schedule.

Eek!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:32 pm

Air co has shit itself ! Harsh conditions and Fantasy decisions.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:38 pm

Any Murray captainers? Reckon he's fired up from his short minute game last week and against the Roosters. 50 tackles and a meaty. Sign me up.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:41 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:

Very similar boat to you mate. Dilemma is Reed v Robson v Grant I think.
    Reed offers a lot of value at a lower price, no risk of Origin and he looks to have a much larger influence on the team - kicking, running, attacking returns etc
    Robson is a gun 80 min hooker, has a great bye schedule but a higher BE and may be priced about right at the mo
    Grant - a genuine captaincy option most weeks, looks lively everytime he gets his hands on the ball and someone you hate to watch as a non owner. Kicks the ball, runs it and tackles a lot.

When I write it out I feel like Grant;s the guy, but damn Reed's potential and extra cash are enticing, and Reece's schedule.

Eek!

Yup it's tough hey. Reed is definitely the value option, I think Robson/Grant/Cook are probably priced as is. At this stage I think I'm just leaning towards getting Cook, only 5.8% owned could be a nice POD over Grant at 24.6% to pull my rank back after a shocking start.

If you can't afford Cook I think I'd probably lean Robson over Grant tbh given his bye schedule and upcoming draw.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:41 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I'm at rank 30k and I'll be ahead of him too probably.  As others have pointed out,  many,  many times,  your biggest threats are likely behind you,  not in front of you

Didn't realise I'd posted a thumbs up/thumbs down poll. It's a pity I can't vote, I kinda want to downvote it to make it 5 all.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:42 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:Any Murray captainers? Reckon he's fired up from his short minute game last week and against the Roosters. 50 tackles and a meaty. Sign me up.

It’s tempting and I’m thinking along the same lines, thinking min 70mins for Murray this week but with the rankings so close it’s probably safer to play the percentages and C the Good
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:43 pm

Chewie wrote:

behind you:

Great show!
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:43 pm

Anyone playing IKatoa this week? Up against a depleted knights
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:43 pm

Someone has brought me back down to Earth, and I think the smart move is to sell Cheese. This leaves Boyd as my only Hooker, so I need to bring a Hooker in.

If Cheese is one of my trades I can’t trade Boyd as I will need him for HOK cover, for now, as I don’t like any Hookers in the price range I have, the next on the chopping block is Butcher. Thing with Butcher is, all it will take is one game for Roosters to click and he can walk away with a big score; however, giving up Cheese and Butcher allows me to grab Preston and Mahoney/Robson (probably Robson as less ownership and I like watching Cows play).

This gives me Robson who has Cook and Api to compete with for Origin so probably not much chance there and someone who is scoring pretty solidly so far without scoring a try. Also will be a VERY solid bench spot if I manage to grab Cook/Grant somewhere down the road. Also brings in Preston who we all know should make some money. Was pretty keen on Walsh to sure up another WFB spot, but happy to wait as they can fluctuate in price a bit more than some of the more consistent scoring positions.

Not putting an immense amount of thought into it this year, so probably stick to this, chuck the C on Haas and call it a day.

Cheese + Butcher OUT

Robson + Preston IN + 39K

Robson
    Haas Hopgood Carrigan
    Katoa Loiero
    Trindall Doueihi
    Thompson HSS
    Warbrick Turbo Miller

Sutton Carty Preston Cleary
    Doorey Uto HSS Boyd

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:44 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Didn't realise I'd posted a thumbs up/thumbs down poll. It's a pity I can't vote,  I kinda want to downvote it to make it 5 all.

What? there's a close poll out of alignment? I'm there....
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:44 pm

HumanForumMember wrote:

I feel ya, mate. AI-generated content is cool, but using it for articles or blogs can be a bit funny since it lacks the unpredictability of humans. We've come a long way though, and who knows what the future holds? Let's appreciate both human and AI contributions. Cheers!

Thanks Champ.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:46 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I'm at rank 30k and I'll be ahead of him too probably.  As others have pointed out,  many,  many times,  your biggest threats are likely behind you,  not in front of you

Edit: NVM. Should read ahead before I make a dick of myself. Again.

Very confused why this has 6 upvotes and 4 downvotes. Is there a secret poll hidden in there?

Last edited by AL on Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:12 am