NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

Post by Boozecluez Mon May 08, 2023 7:58 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I can't believe you once owned Tevaga

I told you I liked Tevaga, I also told you not to buy Tevaga that one time (As it wasn't the right time to get him then haha)
    To this day you think I don't like him when he is probably one of my favourite players to watch haha
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

Post by Camo123 Mon May 08, 2023 7:58 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I can't believe you once owned Tevaga

I still remember the pain of not owning Tevaga in 2019 that MTB and I had

Don’t think I’ll match the top 20 finish from that season
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon May 08, 2023 8:00 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

13.1m, it's been there for the last 2-3 rounds because I've lost so much money on guys like Cook and Muz (thank god I sold Muz before his most recent loss)
    far be it from me to offer an opinion but that gives huge value to ET’S suggestion. You’re almost a million behind the leaders now and you won’t make that back by watching hynes lose another 1-200k possibly. It’s a chance to get set for byes and grab some undervalued guys.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon May 08, 2023 8:01 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

I was just chasing the averages! I started captaining Hynes with the constant spooks of Clearys ghost hammies and him losing goal kicking, but it looks like he is back to his best?
    he scared me too. One of my luckiest fantasy decisions I think was captaining Manu over Cleary last week. Not that it worked out better for my score but it didn’t backfire in the way that it could have.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon May 08, 2023 8:05 pm

Ok another from the vault, 2016 now I sense a trend

Who says you can't learn from your mistakes, I only have to make it to round 19 this year right?
    If you would like to save trades please ignore my advice haha
    To be fair I went from rounds 16-20 with 3 trades left when in 2019 I had only one during this period

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 21 Trend10

2016 team:

Last edited by Contrastinghobby on Mon May 08, 2023 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 08, 2023 8:05 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I guarantee you if I took that advice and sold Hynes he would score 100 while everyone else captains him and this forum would never let me hear the end of it.

I made the mistake of selling Teddy last year and I refuse to do that kind of thing again.

His point is, buying Hynes at that price tag was always going to fuck up team balance. It's just unfortunate he got his lowest score for a long time when you got him. There's no value buying him at that price, especially if you already have Cleary.

If Hynes scored 100 last weekend, you probably would be more content with your off skew team balance due to him scoring what you paid for. Getting a player at that price is going to weaken other areas of the team, it's inevitable.

I think his other point is, is that Hynes has shown that he's human and can score like other players half his price, so selling would strengthen two positions greatly while SJ slots in and is scoring keeper level.

I'm with you and probably wouldn't have the balls to do it, but there's an outside of the box merit to the suggestion. Plus it's just that, a suggestion.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon May 08, 2023 8:08 pm

I have 16 trades left, round 16 is 6 weeks away

#aheadofschedule
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon May 08, 2023 8:08 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I guarantee you if I took that advice and sold Hynes he would score 100 while everyone else captains him and this forum would never let me hear the end of it.

I made the mistake of selling Teddy last year and I refuse to do that kind of thing again.
    This forum isn’t a shitto discord server Beth. Hence the genuine advice you’re getting instead of just heckling from the grandstands.
    Also if you think everyone is captaining Hynes this week I’ve got an avatar I’d like to bet you.

Post by Guest Mon May 08, 2023 8:09 pm

Ford to Curran would be the easiest of trades.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon May 08, 2023 8:10 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Well it depends, if you sell Hynes then tell all hynes owners they are idiots after doing it
    Talk up your new purchases as the next coming of jesus and then hynes scores 100

You probably might get a couple bites

Ultimately its your team, you make the final decision
    Sell hynes if you want, just don't live in ragret

Last edited by Contrastinghobby on Mon May 08, 2023 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon May 08, 2023 8:11 pm

Krump wrote:
    far be it from me to offer an opinion but that gives huge value to ET’S suggestion. You’re almost a million behind the leaders now and you won’t make that back by watching hynes lose another 1-200k possibly. It’s a chance to get set for byes and grab some undervalued guys.

Who's to say he loses that much? He's up against a very weak Manly side and the Sharks will be pissed off after that game against the Dolphins, and he could easily hit his BE of 93 (according to footystats)

If I were to try to chase the pack in terms of team value, I would get absolutely destroyed in terms of points and have even fewer trades left, which seems like a horrific idea - even if I actually make some money off my buys.

I think a much better idea for my team would be Sloan and Ford to Oloapu and Hopgood - Sloan isn't worth the 15 points he'll probably get in round 13, and Ford most likely misses round 11 and 12, when I really need him in my 17.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon May 08, 2023 8:13 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:I have 16 trades left, round 16 is 6 weeks away

#aheadofschedule

I mentioned it last week but if you get to R20 with 2-3 trades, you’d have 10-11 left for 7 rounds which is about double what I usually have

I have 18 currently, but slightly lower team value around that high 13.1m range but not far off you top guys
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon May 08, 2023 8:13 pm

I’ve just always assumed and it’s seemed that to win you need to go hard and get lucky at the back end of the season. That’s what I’ve always seen?
    It could be different this year with the 8 trades but I’ll bet that the eventual winner uses them all within 3 rounds of getting them
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon May 08, 2023 8:14 pm

Krump wrote:
    This forum isn’t a shitto discord server Beth. Hence the genuine advice you’re getting instead of just heckling from the grandstands.
    Also if you think everyone is captaining Hynes this week I’ve got an avatar I’d like to bet you.

Hynes is up against a very weak Manly team this week, and then next week he's up against the same Knights team that Moses put 100 on.

If there's ever a time to own him, it's for that. I just refuse to believe that selling the best player in fantasy can possibly be a good idea. The advice is welcome but just does not compute for me

Last edited by Bethany_B on Mon May 08, 2023 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 08, 2023 8:14 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Who's to say he loses that much? He's up against a very weak Manly side and the Sharks will be pissed off after that game against the Dolphins, and he could easily hit his BE of 93 (according to footystats)

If I were to try to chase the pack in terms of team value, I would get absolutely destroyed in terms of points and have even fewer trades left, which seems like a horrific idea - even if I actually make some money off my buys.

I think a much better idea for my team would be Sloan and Ford to Oloapu and Hopgood - Sloan isn't worth the 15 points he'll probably get in round 13, and Ford most likely misses round 11 and 12, when I really need him in my 17.

Just do it then and stop asking. I've said it before but you've obviously got your mind set on these trades so just do them.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon May 08, 2023 8:15 pm

wolfking wrote:

Just do it then and stop asking.  I've said it before but you've obviously got your mind set on these trades so just do them.

I've done them now, I just can't understand why anyone's talking about selling Hynes - it does not make any sense to me.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon May 08, 2023 8:17 pm

Krump wrote:I’ve just always assumed and it’s seemed that to win you need to go hard and get lucky at the back end of the season. That’s what I’ve always seen?
    It could be different this year with the 8 trades but I’ll bet that the eventual winner uses them all within 3 rounds of getting them

I think this year is different, if you had Moses/Hopgood/Matterson or something like that in the final round bye with no trades you’d probably be screwed when a chaser could gain 100-150 points potentially in 1 round
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon May 08, 2023 8:19 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

I told you I liked Tevaga, I also told you not to buy Tevaga that one time (As it wasn't the right time to get him then haha)
    To this day you think I don't like him when he is probably one of my favourite players to watch haha

Might have been a few too many beers on my part clouding the memory
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon May 08, 2023 8:25 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Were 10 rounds into a 27 round season. If you think not having the money to have the best possible team for the next 17 weeks is important that’s your choice.

Another choice that you can make is to be a dick. Asking for advice and blowing up when you get it very much makes you look like that. The fact you basically called the guy in first an idiot is a saving grace for me, if you’d done that to someone struggling or a newcomer I’d really be coming after you.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon May 08, 2023 8:26 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Selling Hynes the week after I just bought him is probably the stupidest possible trade I could possibly think of. Surely you aren't serious about that?

I would much rather get rid of Sloan (who could very easily lose all the money he's made by R13 and then score another 10 points in R13) for a non-R13 player (Oloapu) and allow Ford to Horse (or Hopgood or JDB in fact).

Quality matters more than quantity and realistically I can only get one more good player that plays R13 - it's either Horse, Hopgood or JDB.

I do not have enough trades left to be selling genuine guns like Hynes, Cleary, Fifita etc. - Cook I would consider but he's too cheap to get anyone good for and I would then be forced to play Cheese as my only hooker

I think you overestimate my knowledge of your trades.
    I have absolutely no idea who you bought in last week, the week before or anything.

I was just looking at the team you put up, and from that, work out where I think the biggest problems are and what the available options are to resolve. But hey, what do I know?

It's your team, you have a plan, I'm happy to watch from the sidelines (or not watch, as the case may be)

Hope it pans out for you!

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:48 pm