NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

Post by Boozecluez Mon May 08, 2023 8:26 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Might have been a few too many beers on my part clouding the memory

Haha probably, anymore and you would think I was a Sexton fan or something

Probably a good time to mention this as well
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2178-2023-sydney-meetup

Now you can join in and celebrate offloads to hands like a madman in a group setting

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

Post by Bethany_B Mon May 08, 2023 8:29 pm

easytiger wrote:

I think you overestimate my knowledge of your trades.
    I have absolutely no idea who you bought in last week, the week before or anything.

I was just looking at the team you put up, and from that, work out where I think the biggest problems are and what the available options are to resolve. But hey, what do I know?

It's your team, you have a plan, I'm happy to watch from the sidelines (or not watch, as the case may be)

Hope it pans out for you!

Yeah fair enough, cheers Smile
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 08, 2023 8:29 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I've done them now, I just can't understand why anyone's talking about selling Hynes - it does not make any sense to me.

I gave you a couple of possible reasons above why ET might have suggested it but it's simply just to use the coin the distribute into different areas to balance things out a little. He's not trying to fuck with you and it has nothing to do with you bringing him in last week. ET probably didn't even know that or would have come into his thinking or reasoning.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon May 08, 2023 8:30 pm

Camo123 wrote:

I still remember the pain of not owning Tevaga in 2019 that MTB and I had

Don’t think I’ll match the top 20 finish from that season

Need a trigger warning on this post
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon May 08, 2023 8:33 pm

Contemplating punting Moses to Brown, and pocketing the cash and the extra game

Or Moses to Drinky, pocket even more cash, and play IKat or Niko in R13
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon May 08, 2023 8:36 pm

Good time to go off topic posting about the best player we have played with/against

Played with Isabelle Kelly's brother in under 19s. He was comfortably the best player on the field every week in the Rhys Martin mould. Peaked as a NSW cup/9's player

Played against Zane Tetevano in local league rugby back in 2016. Bastards played him at outside centre while I was on the wing. Reckon I missed atleast 8 tackles just on him in a 100+ point loss. Was a monster anchoring the boat race at the pub after as well

I played u8As when the Stewart brothers were in u8Bs.

Glen was eligible for u7s and Brett for u6s though.

I stopped played after primary school (regrettably) but did play front yard footy with the Stewart’s on and off for years even in early high school. It was my best mates front yard, they lived across the road, often their older brother would come and play too (he was like 4 years older). The rest was a rotating cast of local kids. It’s fair to say I was the worst regular player in the game. Went a little better in summer with cricket.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon May 08, 2023 8:40 pm

Good time to go off topic posting about the best player we have played with/against

Played with Isabelle Kelly's brother in under 19s. He was comfortably the best player on the field every week in the Rhys Martin mould. Peaked as a NSW cup/9's player

Played against Zane Tetevano in local league rugby back in 2016. Bastards played him at outside centre while I was on the wing. Reckon I missed atleast 8 tackles just on him in a 100+ point loss. Was a monster anchoring the boat race at the pub after as well

I didnt play league beyond u13s and definitely didnt take the footy field with anyone notable.

I did play cricket for many years with dane campell who was a bit of a redcliffe dolphins stalwart. He played a few games for the Raiders, or maybe or was Knights.

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon May 08, 2023 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon May 08, 2023 8:41 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Haha probably, anymore and you would think I was a Sexton fan or something

Probably a good time to mention this as well
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2178-2023-sydney-meetup

Now you can join in and celebrate offloads to hands like a madman in a group setting

Theres also yelling at the ref even without Rabs. No worries has michaell bubble level get em onside.

Post by Guest Mon May 08, 2023 8:41 pm

Any Lane holders out there?
    Was raging pretty hard watching him, was multiple times Brown opened the line up and nowhere to be seen. Dropped the ball seemingly every time he was near the stripe.
    Moses out has thrown a spanner in the works ( both as an owner of him and Lane) in the sense that maybe now that dilly bags has the team more traffic goes to Lane?
    Just don’t know if he’ll be there when needed.
    Was thinking of going Lane/Moses to Dbags and Hopgood?
    Just looks extremely sideways in fantasy but IRL maybe an upgrade?
    Any advice please?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon May 08, 2023 8:43 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I played u8As when the Stewart brothers were in u8Bs.

Glen was eligible for u7s and Brett for u6s though.

I stopped played after primary school (regrettably) but did play front yard footy with the Stewart’s on and off for years even in early high school. It was my best mates front yard, they lived across the road, often their older brother would come and play too (he was like 4 years older). The rest was a rotating cast of local kids. It’s fair to say I was the worst regular player in the game. Went a little better in summer with cricket.
    I’ll ask the question that everyone else is to polite to ask.
    Is Ben adopted?
    Just thought of another. Did jake just walk around the beaches as a kid looking for bullies to give a stern talking to and old ladies to help cross the road?
    Big daddy Scotty

Post by Big daddy Scotty Mon May 08, 2023 8:44 pm

Genderbender wrote:Any Lane holders out there?
    Was raging pretty hard watching him, was multiple times Brown opened the line up and nowhere to be seen. Dropped the ball seemingly every time he was near the stripe.
    Moses out has thrown a spanner in the works ( both as an owner of him and Lane) in the sense that maybe now that dilly bags has the team more traffic goes to Lane?
    Just don’t know if he’ll be there when needed.
    Was thinking of going Lane/Moses to Dbags and Hopgood?
    Just looks extremely sideways in fantasy but IRL maybe an upgrade?
    Any advice please?

Hey mate, lemu scored 93 against that raiders edge and Preston scored 60 on the weekend on that same edge, both with 2 tries each. I wouldn’t worry too much.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon May 08, 2023 8:44 pm

Crazy to trade Tofu back in?
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon May 08, 2023 8:48 pm

Krump wrote:
    Were 10 rounds into a 27 round season. If you think not having the money to have the best possible team for the next 17 weeks is important that’s your choice.

Another choice that you can make is to be a dick. Asking for advice and blowing up when you get it very much makes you look like that. The fact you basically called the guy in first an idiot is a saving grace for me, if you’d done that to someone struggling or a newcomer I’d really be coming after you.

I'd never claim that I'm not an idiot and I'm more than capable of making bad decisions (already have this year, and no doubt will make plenty more).

Nevertheless, the suggestion was genuine and just a suggestion.
    It's nice to have a good bunch of Origin keepers that you want in your final 17, but my concern with that strategy is that by the time R21 rolls round, you'd be so far behind from playing short too often, that your final 17 almost becomes a bit irrelevant.

It's not been fun riding without Hynes, he's a great player, great fantasy scorer, If love to fit him in, but I don't think he's 10 points better than Cleary, and I don't think many teams have enough value to support Hynes + Cleary + Haas + Fifita + Cook. It's a power block of scoring, but somethings gotta give...

Averages are cool, Total points are what wins out
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Mon May 08, 2023 8:51 pm

mickspicks wrote:Crazy to trade Tofu back in?

Not crazy but playing with an injured leg so it carries risk.

Probably worth giving another week or potentially paying a little more for a safer pick up.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Mon May 08, 2023 8:57 pm

What I find most surprising from the previous 3-4 pages is not that the advice is being ignored, but that you’d make the trades prior to TLT.
    I simply can’t understand why anyone would do this.

Anyhoo, happy birthday Mulvy.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon May 08, 2023 8:59 pm

Chucky wrote:What I find most surprising from the previous 3-4 pages is not that the advice is being ignored, but that you’d make the trades prior to TLT.
    I simply can’t understand why anyone would do this.

Anyhoo, happy birthday Mulvy.

It's named Fantasy Fanatics for a reason
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon May 08, 2023 9:00 pm

I played U18s club cricket against Darren Gough. Hit him for a majestic 4 (*edged him through the slips). He took 9 for something like 20, but I was the one who was out at the other end 💪
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon May 08, 2023 9:09 pm

mickspicks wrote:Crazy to trade Tofu back in?

Probably yes, IIRC has a big BE and Warriors have bye next week
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon May 08, 2023 9:12 pm

Finch wrote:

Probably yes, IIRC has a big BE and Warriors have bye next week

True, can probably hold off. I just love watching him - top 3 for me.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Mon May 08, 2023 9:13 pm

I played against Geoff and Mark Bugden in police footy in the early nineties.
    Cricket was my main sport and I played in a few of the old Tooheys cup style matches. Michael Slater, Shane Lee, Anthony Stuart, Stuart Clarke, Greg Matthews, Richard Chee Quee. One year we had the entire NSW squad (less the Test players).
    Wayne Holdsworth was injured but travelled with the squad and was standing on the bar in the pub doing puppetry of the penis after the game.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:44 am