NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 10, 2023 1:15 am

for any of you night owls, or early morningers done my weekly review in my tracker, average week and only rose 100 places,

have the Ford conundrum to deal with and thinking of trading him out

any comments or advice in their welcomed

enjoy
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

Post by Snatchpato Wed May 10, 2023 4:47 am

For someone low on trades (17 left) is Couch > Tatola worth it (knowing I probably have to trade Tatola back out at some point?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed May 10, 2023 5:47 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Random question, prompted by something I've seen twice this week.

Which is the better move?

Someone with 19 trades left trading Ford to Hopgood this week

Someone with 19 trades left trading Ford to Hopgood this week (but they have previously traded Hopgood out in the past)

Doesn't matter to me if I've previously owned someone. If Hopgood is the best option at his price point I'll grab him whether I've owned him this year, last year or 5 years ago
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed May 10, 2023 5:57 am

manlybeaver wrote:Anyone interested in lodge at 421k or everyone interested in rnd 13 players

Was an MS favourite at the start of the year but with Crichton and Tupouinua back in the mix that pushes 2 more experienced players to the middle rotation. One to let go through to the keeper I think
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed May 10, 2023 5:59 am

Snatchpato wrote:For someone low on trades (17 left) is Couch > Tatola worth it (knowing I probably have to trade Tatola back out at some point?

Couch is a dead spot while Tatola is playable during byes and if he hangs around as 18/19 it's not the end of the world
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Wed May 10, 2023 6:14 am

mattnz wrote:

Do you know what is happening with Mann? Currently listed as indefinite.

AFAIK it’s just because abdominal injuries are harder to put a time frame on than a typical muscle injury. He might have an abdominal hernia or something that makes it cloudier too but no direct info on him atm

I’ve obviously got a few player encounter stories from over the years and didn’t want to be that guy but randomly Kurt Mann when he was in newy years ago was an electrical apprentice for my father in law. The knights even tried to get my FIL to pay him extra so it was outside the league’s salary cap system. Made me realize that if the poorest team around is doing it for development players, then every club is cheating the cap big time
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed May 10, 2023 6:34 am

Not sure if it's been mentioned previously but Paul Momirovski out at least 12 weeks.

Adds a bit of Job Security for anyone taking a look at Billy Smith.

Post by Guest Wed May 10, 2023 6:42 am

Momo out for 12 weeks

Post by Guest Wed May 10, 2023 6:43 am

Yet again GreenSchist has come first…
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed May 10, 2023 6:46 am

Grouse wrote:Fuck it bringing Garrick in for Ford.
    I like Garrick, looking at bringing him in for R13 onwards. Bottoming out in price, should be good for a 40+ average in a tough WFB position. Not to mention he gains 4-6 points of value (in attacking stats + GK) as soon as the Manly attack clicks, if it ever does.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed May 10, 2023 7:01 am

Mulvy wrote:

Identical.

It always feels weird, and I've rarely done it in the past. But this year I've traded IKatoa out and in again. Cleary out and in again. Smith out and in again. And I intend to trade Hopgood in again having traded him out.

Some of this is poor self control this year. Some is the new format with a bye every week. But some is just circumstances, and if the circumstances make a previously traded out player the best pick, then they are the best pick. Regardless of how we got there and how many trades you've made.
    Yep I've brought Smith out and in, and Hopgood out and in, both times I've been satisfied with the decision. I suppose there's three subconscious questions nagging at people in this scenario:

1. Why didn't I just hold them this whole time!
    Because their role/health changed, so you traded them out wisely.

2. What's the point of bringing them back in?
    Because their role/health changed, so you're trading them back in wisely.

3. What if they just go back to scoring badly? Then I've wasted a trade!
    You can't predict the future dummy.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed May 10, 2023 7:03 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Couch is a dead spot while Tatola is playable during byes and if he hangs around as 18/19 it's not the end of the world
    Last few years I've made mistakes holding on to players that "might come back!" who actually aren't worth waiting for, and I've lost heaps of potential cash/points waiting for them. Another reason to hold in the past was "but I'm saving a trade by holding them if they do come back!"

In reality, even if Couch comes back he's not going to be a Grant, Haas, Preston, Carty type of cow who makes 300k+. Also I'll have to trade him out at some point, so may as well be now.

Thanks ms
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed May 10, 2023 7:45 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah, even with Murray having a long break. Forward minutes all over the place with the edges being subbed too. Low on ideas unless downgrading Hynes to DBrown for funds though.

Got Drinkwater last week, so don't really need more WFBs with Garrick/CNK. Have Bula and Olo already. Down to Tatola vs Luki it seems and Tat's cheaper and MID more valuable.

I got on Tatola last week and would like someone else to celebrate/commiserate with.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed May 10, 2023 7:49 am

GreenSchist wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned previously but Paul Momirovski out at least 12 weeks.

Adds a bit of Job Security for anyone taking a look at Billy Smith.

I was toying with Couch to Billy and this pretty much seals it
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed May 10, 2023 7:52 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    Yep I've brought Smith out and in, and Hopgood out and in, both times I've been satisfied with the decision. I suppose there's three subconscious questions nagging at people in this scenario:

1. Why didn't I just hold them this whole time!
    Because their role/health changed, so you traded them out wisely.

2. What's the point of bringing them back in?
    Because their role/health changed, so you're trading them back in wisely.

3. What if they just go back to scoring badly? Then I've wasted a trade!
    You can't predict the future dummy.

I see it as a bit of a nerdy equivalent to footy.

You can keep thinking about the ball you just dropped (with the try line open), and get so distracted you bungle the next play.

OR you can shake it off, like it never happened, get ready for the next play and who knows maybe you score in the corner.

OR you can go full Tyrell Sloan and do something completely POD that no one expects (because it's a really bad idea)
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed May 10, 2023 7:59 am

Rabbits21 wrote:I have I Kat, Lemu on the bye and have Couch and Soni too. I own Ford as well like all of us.

Can field 17 this week but that’s with Bula and AJ in my last two interchange spots they play the same game. Not sure I can get away with playing both….

I’m thinking Murray to Hopgood. Ford to a Horse or Tapine. Do we think there is a chance Horse plays origin. I’m thinking he will be 19th man. And it’s Ricky too we never know what he will do.

Is it worth making a 3rd trade and going Soni or Couch to Luki. I don’t really have any edges for round 13. I’m still a bit nervous on Luki though. Or would you wait hold Soni and play both Bula and AJ this week and reassess next week on Luki, Olapau and Te Whare etc?……

Feels really tricky this week. What’d you guys reckon?

If you are even able to field 17 without trades you're doing better than a lot of people this week regardless of who you're playing. Bula is hardly a concern about being playable anyway.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 10, 2023 8:00 am

mattnz wrote:

There are 4 risks with Ponga:
    1. He is playing shit
    2. Likely still gets selected for Origin
    3. Next HIA he is out for weeks
    4. Is prone to other injuries

Pookus McFly wrote:

Its the Ponga Paradox: if he plays shit enough to miss Origin you don’t want him, but if he plays well enough for you to want him he makes Origin
    I'm happy to pick him up if he doesn't get selected for Origin in a couple weeks, he would be cheap enough to get a spot in my 18-21
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed May 10, 2023 8:02 am

Can go Ford to Su'a in one trade with 0k ITB, surely that's a sign it was meant to be done
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed May 10, 2023 8:09 am

ShadowSabre wrote:Can go Ford to Su'a in one trade with 0k ITB, surely that's a sign it was meant to be done

I like this for Origin, however why did Suá miss rounds 8 and 9? Was he dropped or injured? If he was dropped.. are you sure he keeps the slot?
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed May 10, 2023 8:14 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:

I like this for Origin, however why did Suá miss rounds 8 and 9? Was he dropped or injured? If he was dropped.. are you sure he keeps the slot?

Definitely not dropped.
    He had a shoulder injury.

Been one of the Dragons best from the few games I've seen

Current date/time is Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:19 am