NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 78 - Everyone is totally, absolutely, 100% alive

standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 78 - Everyone is totally, absolutely, 100% alive - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 78 - Everyone is totally, absolutely, 100% alive

Post by standard-issue Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:38 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Panthers might banner up.

Huh? Replying to the wrong post or am I just dense?

Haha, yeah, it's me that's dense-meant to reply to this one:

"Titans with a spine of Kini/Campbell/Weaver/Randall against the Panthers.

That could get uuuuuugly."
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 78 - Everyone is totally, absolutely, 100% alive - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 78 - Everyone is totally, absolutely, 100% alive

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:46 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

My guess is that Papi comes back at 14, and stays at 14 for the finals series. Coming back to 80 minutes as a high-energy fullback in finals games after 16 months out is a big ask.

Yeah I think Papy is more likely to replace Wishart/Garlick/Eisenhuth than Meaney
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:52 pm

Have NULL and Kris as starting CTRs, Penis and Cotric at 20/21. So if Penis is really shit (sub 10) or there’s some late Cotric drama or I just decide Cotric is too gross I can trade in a CTR. 2nd last trade tho, so rather not.

Also using Haas to loop Matto and Kiraz at this point.

Would anyone loop any of these guys instead of Matto - iPap, hopEDGood, DCE, Munster, I guess all options

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:57 pm

robelgordo wrote:Have NULL and Kris as starting CTRs, Penis and Cotric at 20/21. So if Penis is really shit (sub 10)  or there’s some late Cotric drama or I just decide Cotric is too gross I can trade in a CTR. 2nd last trade tho, so rather not.

Also using Haas to loop Matto and Kiraz at this point.

Would anyone loop any of these guys instead of Matto - iPap, hopEDGood, DCE, Munster, I guess all options

Not sure it's worth it with only 2 trades plus Penis and Matto on the books mate.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:02 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Haha, yeah, it's me that's dense-meant to reply to this one:

"Titans with a spine of Kini/Campbell/Weaver/Randall against the Panthers.

That could get uuuuuugly."

Oh yup. Panthers 51+ is paying $15. Be lying if I said I wasn't tempted.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:17 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Oh yup. Panthers 51+ is paying $15. Be lying if I said I wasn't tempted.
    I’d be all over that. Multi it up with a few try scorers would be fun
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:38 pm

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:50 pm

Euan Aitken.

Is playing in the second row this week against the Tigers. And I need a CTR to cover Lemuelu in my H2H Final.

Money is no issue and I was going to go for Gagai to go big in a "revenge game" against the Bunnies.

However, if I go with Gagai my 17 is locked in for the week. No looping; nothing. Just my 17 locked in, where I need to choose either H.Graham or D.Russell.

However, if I go for Aitken, I can trade out Carrigan/Lemuelu and keep Haas as loop option for Graham/Russell.

I do apologise for these annoying H2H questions, but if anyone has a second, I'm interested to hear thoughts;

Option A - trade in Gagai, choose and stick with Russell or Graham and roll with locked in 17.
    Option B - trade in Aitken and use Haas to loop Graham/Russell.

On paper, Gagai's form suggests he could go big again this week and put up a score to possibly steer a win in a H2H match-up. However, he could also be kept relatively quiet against Bunnies and I could lock in the wrong option of out Graham/Russell.

Alternatively, Aitken could actually go pretty well against Tigers and is surely a better than decent chance for a try. Could get close to Gagai's score and giving me the looping option also has potential to add a few extra points to this option.

Sorry for the essay. Any thoughts appreciated.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:25 pm

What's the match-up looking like Teeth? 3 games played before needing to make a decision, so will get an idea of some scores and info on your opponent.

I think I like the sound of Gagai and Russell. Would normally take an EDG over CTR all day, but hard to ignore Gagai's 53 average. Aitken's EDG only slightly less, but don't really trust Bennett tbh. Likes to make game day switches and such.. same reason I'm not sure on HGraham.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:49 pm

WT Winfield wrote:What's the match-up looking like Teeth? 3 games played before needing to make a decision, so will get an idea of some scores and info on your opponent.

I think I like the sound of Gagai and Russell. Would normally take an EDG over CTR all day, but hard to ignore Gagai's 53 average. Aitken's EDG only slightly less, but don't really trust Bennett tbh. Likes to make game day switches and such.. same reason I'm not sure on HGraham.

Yeah, the three games will provide a bit of a platform for sure. Especially on my side, with SJ and Hopgood to lay down what they're going to offer this week. Two big question marks for me. And his Manu, which gives me insight into the CTR situation also.

I do like Gagai, but he is a CTR which still keeps me that little bit nervous about it. He was actually my first pick the first year I played Fantasy... and it went horribly, lol. But he's in some rich form and the Bunnies match-up probably not a bad one.

Gagai and Russell could be solid. Just struggling with the thought of Graham putting up some random big score and he's sitting there locked out with no way to obtain his score. Far more likely he scores 30-40-ish and no harm done... but what if?

And yes, I did definitely also consider the potential late game day switch from Bennett, but I guess I could monitor that and if it's looking sketchy I just go with the Gagai trade instead as it still won't be locked in yet.

But if Aitken does roll out in the back row I feel like he's worth the punt if it gives me that flexibility to make a more informed choice between Graham/Russell?
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:53 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Yeah, the three games will provide a bit of a platform for sure. Especially on my side, with SJ and Hopgood to lay down what they're going to offer this week. Two big question marks for me. And his Manu, which gives me insight into the CTR situation also.

I do like Gagai, but he is a CTR which still keeps me that little bit nervous about it. He was actually my first pick the first year I played Fantasy... and it went horribly, lol. But he's in some rich form and the Bunnies match-up probably not a bad one.

Gagai and Russell could be solid. Just struggling with the thought of Graham putting up some random big score and he's sitting there locked out with no way to obtain his score. Far more likely he scores 30-40-ish and no harm done... but what if?

And yes, I did definitely also consider the potential late game day switch from Bennett, but I guess I could monitor that and if it's looking sketchy I just go with the Gagai trade instead as it still won't be locked in yet.

But if Aitken does roll out in the back row I feel like he's worth the punt if it gives me that flexibility to make a more informed choice between Graham/Russell?

I have this decision to make this week too, with less looping issues.

If I feel ahead after 3 games, probably Aitken. If I'm down and need Gagai's ceiling I'll bring him in.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:16 pm

ynot wrote:

I have this decision to make this week too, with less looping issues.

If I feel ahead after 3 games, probably Aitken. If I'm down and need Gagai's ceiling I'll bring him in.

Yep, that's definitely a straight way to make the call.

For me the loop thing is a big factor because it has the potential to essentially add to the CTR score, whereas going with Gagai is all in on his score and whoever I pick from Russell/Graham.

And of course having the option to loop and mucking it up could be disastrous too. Tricky situation.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:29 pm

Yeah Aitken getting shifted in final teams would make the decision easier. Might be first to be moved if there's a backline injury, but still a good chance of scoring well. I tend to lean towards the guys with name pedigree, so gave Gagai the edge on this year's form. Aitken's had a good few years as a CTR keeper too though.

Probably not much between them and the ability to loop Graham and Russell could be valuable. I feel like Graham overachieved with those two scores in 56 mins though and thinking his minutes will be much the same this week. I had Russell shortlisted as a trade-in option for 17th man, while not really trusting Graham enough to consider.

I was expecting Warriors to towel us up last week, but wasn't a bad showing from the Tigs. Thinking we're a pretty good chance of getting the win this week.. so we'll probably get toweled up Laughing
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:47 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Yeah Aitken getting shifted in final teams would make the decision easier. Might be first to be moved if there's a backline injury, but still a good chance of scoring well. I tend to lean towards the guys with name pedigree, so gave Gagai the edge on this year's form. Aitken's had a good few years as a CTR keeper too though.

Probably not much between them and the ability to loop Graham and Russell could be valuable. I feel like Graham overachieved with those two scores in 56 mins though and thinking his minutes will be much the same this week. I had Russell shortlisted as a trade-in option for 17th man, while not really trusting Graham enough to consider.

I was expecting Warriors to towel us up last week, but wasn't a bad showing from the Tigs. Thinking we're a pretty good chance of getting the win this week.. so we'll probably get toweled up Laughing

I did also consider that an injury would see Aitken be most likely to get shuffled around, but don't really want to factor in those kind of what ifs too much (goodness knows I already have my fair share of them) and like you say, would hopefully still score solidly anyway.

Completely agree about Graham and his previous scores in the minutes he's played. I noted the minutes today and was surprised, assuming he'd played more for his scores. But I guess that's also why I want him in a loop - just in case he defies odds again. As a player, I've really liked what I've seen of him. Looks real good as far as I can tell and one I'd at least like to be able to have a glance at his score before I make the call.

Yep, I'll be tipping the Tigers for sure this week. Expect them to win, but like you say, pretty much assures they'll lose, lol. Either way, it definitely has potential to be a free flowing game of Fantasy scoring. Not saying it will be, but potential definitely seems to be there.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:29 am

my tv broke wrote:NRL also running the story re Fuller making his debut so i guess Dolphins arent running out as named

Fuller is a fullback. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what his inclusion might mean for the Dolphins’ lineup?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:54 am

Jele wrote:

Fuller is a fullback. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what his inclusion might mean for the Dolphins’ lineup?

Who knows what Wayne is thinking but would guess something like this:

Fuller in at fullback, Niko to bench to split minutes at hooker, Milf or iKat drop out?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:56 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Euan Aitken.

Is playing in the second row this week against the Tigers. And I need a CTR to cover Lemuelu in my H2H Final.

Money is no issue and I was going to go for Gagai to go big in a "revenge game" against the Bunnies.

However, if I go with Gagai my 17 is locked in for the week. No looping; nothing. Just my 17 locked in, where I need to choose either H.Graham or D.Russell.  

However, if I go for Aitken, I can trade out Carrigan/Lemuelu and keep Haas as loop option for Graham/Russell.

I do apologise for these annoying H2H questions, but if anyone has a second, I'm interested to hear thoughts;

Option A - trade in Gagai, choose and stick with Russell or Graham and roll with locked in 17.
    Option B - trade in Aitken and use Haas to loop Graham/Russell.

On paper, Gagai's form suggests he could go big again this week and put up a score to possibly steer a win in a H2H match-up. However, he could also be kept relatively quiet against Bunnies and I could lock in the wrong option of out Graham/Russell.

Alternatively, Aitken could actually go pretty well against Tigers and is surely a better than decent chance for a try. Could get close to Gagai's score and giving me the looping option also has potential to add a few extra points to this option.

Sorry for the essay. Any thoughts appreciated.  

I think for a H2H final, you go all in on the player with the higher ceiling which is Gagai. I'd happily play Russel over Graham too.
    lubedragon
    lubedragon

Post by lubedragon Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:42 am

Moses and Preston to Munster and Nikora? leaves me with one trade
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:56 am

lubedragon wrote:Moses and Preston to Munster and Nikora? leaves me with one trade

Solid
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:54 am

As 17th man:

TU: Harrison Graham
    TD: Bula

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:45 am