NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:59 am

I got Kini as autofill - should I punt him ? For who NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 14 1f600
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:25 am

No Worries wrote:I got Kini as autofill - should I punt him ? For who  NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 14 1f600

The assistant coach (Jim Lenihan) has confirmed he will play there until round 4/5 at the earliest.

This is my current team. Only two players from Vegas

Koroisau
    McInnes Tapine Harris
    Piakura Luki
    Hynes Hutchison
    Aitken Xerri
    Papenhuyzen Ponga Kini

Levi Tupounuia Salmon Weekes/Strange
    Faamualsili/Shughes Russell Bradley Mapalangi/Stewart
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:32 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I don't think Leniu will be relevant but there are plenty of examples. Yeo didn't have a fantasy relevant role until his 7th year, bouncing around as a non keeper second rower. Cotter was a bench player/fringe first grader until his 4th year. Shaun Lane had 7 years as a non keeper second rower before breaking out to a 50+ scorer. Mitch Moses didn't hit a 50 average until his 6th season

MS just throwing his fantasy knowledge around like it's child's play
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:37 am

Flanno Snr on Flanno Jnr

“Last year Ben Hunt was, especially in attack, the centrepiece of it all. I’d like to think Kyle can get the ball to Jaydn Su’a and Moses Suli and our strike players on the edges. We need to get them more football and that will be Kyle’s main job description.

“Then Ben can flip from both sides of the field and play what he sees a little bit more, but Kyle will get the balls to our strike players and that will be his job.”
    Source: Fox sports

Not feeling confident with Flanno Jnr on my pine
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:45 am

With lack of clarity around the WFB cows I'm looking to gun up with Ponga, Walsh, and Papy to start the season. Play the questionable WFB cows in the EMG. And maybe downgrade Walsh to Campbell when he's fit
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:45 am

Nah, this is where we triple down on Flannasuasuli. Fuck duos, it's trios time baby.

Just hope Flanno's mum remembers to pack his balls when he leaves in the morning.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:47 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:Flanno Snr on Flanno Jnr

“Last year Ben Hunt was, especially in attack, the centrepiece of it all. I’d like to think Kyle can get the ball to Jaydn Su’a and Moses Suli and our strike players on the edges. We need to get them more football and that will be Kyle’s main job description.

“Then Ben can flip from both sides of the field and play what he sees a little bit more, but Kyle will get the balls to our strike players and that will be his job.”

Yeah, feels like a dud to me, I'm happy to wait and see with Flanno before putting him in my team
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:48 am

Chewie wrote:With lack of clarity around the WFB cows I'm looking to gun up with Ponga, Walsh, and Papy to start the season. Play the questionable WFB cows in the EMG. And maybe downgrade Walsh to Campbell when he's fit

Rest of the team would be relatively dire if stacked at the back no?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:49 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:

he's going to do the same thing he's done for recent years in the nrl. stick to his little channel and go 80 minutes a game without viewers realising he's on the field.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:50 am

Chewie wrote:With lack of clarity around the WFB cows I'm looking to gun up with Ponga, Walsh, and Papy to start the season. Play the questionable WFB cows in the EMG. And maybe downgrade Walsh to Campbell when he's fit

Why not just start with Kini instead of walsh (Ponga, Kini, Papy) and ride the price rises till round 4-5 (or longer), then jump to Campbell?
    Requires you hold a little cash in reserve ($100k is likely more than enough) but means you can cash generate over that period, instead of likely remaining stable with Walsh.

If Kini plays, given the Titan's schedule, he could get some decent scores as well as generating cash. Well worth starting in your 17 (just plop Weekes in your WFB for Round 2).

Edit: If I was starting with Walsh, I wouldn't already be planning to trade him out well before Origin.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:54 am

Welshy wrote:

This is really misleading. and Cherry picking at its very best

Turbo has a single season when he morphed into the greatest fantasy player ever. This was in 2021

He's had 2 injury plagued follow up seasons

2022 avg 38. 7 games played

2023 avg 48. 11 games played

His legacy average, playing fullback in minutes over 70. which includes his once in a lifetime 80 season average is....51

You can't pick a 2 game sample and say ahhh he was heading back to 2021 form. Pick him thinking he can get up around the 50 mark by all means but thinking he's going to go anywhere the 2021 season isn't happening

And Welshy comes in with the logic to settle that little argument.
    Coffee
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:57 am

BaldShitTruck wrote:Looking at possible upside in a lot of players this season that are underpriced.

I've generally always gone the gun/rookie route and find myself burning trades through the first half of the season with too much investment in 4 or 5 players who start the season at peak price. It's a gamble but figure this year I might structure my team to have upside right across it without relying on a few big scorers and the rest risky short-termers.

In saying that I'll probably retract my scrotum at the last minute and bring in Hynes/Haas/Murray for fear of missing out!

JMK
    Brown Hughes Tatola
    Curran Lane
    Cleary Fogarty
    Penisini Hammer
    Paps JAC Campbell/Kini
    Cheese Willison Duncan Luki
    Blore Weekes Burbo Armstrong/Levi

If Campbell starts R1 will run with him and Armstrong, if Kini starts R1 will run with him and Levi.

Risking it with no adequate halves cover, if Hands gets the Eels hooker role could drop a middle for him.

This is surprisingly similar to my early draft team.
    And I suck at Fantasy. (Just saying)
    lol!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:58 am

So he's Amone but with less running and more passing.

Good for IRL footy bad for fantasy maybe?

Still hard to pass up at the price.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 am

robelgordo wrote:

Amone averaged 30 at 6 in the last two years, and you want the same thing with less running?  scratch
    Regardless, I could see myself ending up with Flano in NPRs. Cheap enough, really. Only 5 days til i create a squad!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:22 am

Chewie wrote:

MS just throwing his fantasy knowledge around like it's child's play

Haha I was able to recall the players but had to check the exact circumstances.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:24 am

robelgordo wrote:

Coaches son probably saves him from getting dropped. Will eventually make some cash just have to hope he falls over the line early to get cash gen going
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:25 am

On the other hand, BHunt taking on the line both sides of the ruck and doing most of the kicking...
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:26 am

I'm now at the point of tinkering with my team where Tanah Boyd has become a real option as both Half and HOK cover.

Cleary, Hutcho, Boyd, Weekes

Mahoney, Boyd, Levi

Allows me to maximise all the MID and EDG value picks.

Last edited by GreenSchist on Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:27 am

my tv broke wrote:

Amone averaged 30 at 6 in the last two years, and you want the same thing with less running?  scratch
    Regardless, I could see myself ending up with Flano in NPRs. Cheap enough, really. Only 5 days til i create a squad!

I didn't actually look up the stats.

But yeah not promising, will see what comes up as alternatives.

I still expect he does some more kicking than Amone, not sure 1st trial gives it all away
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:28 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Haha I was able to recall the players but had to check the exact circumstances.

iPap stood out for me. Was 5th season rather than 6th when I checked.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:16 am