NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by No Worries Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:15

Loomer wrote:What happens when JWH back? Worried about owning Wong Sitili and more so Lenui. Limited options in price bracket that I don't already have

When JWH is back he gets suspended
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by my tv broke Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:18

Dick Penis has a profile on the eels site

Post by Guest Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:22

rhinoceroo wrote:

That's the Kiwi with the unlistenable podcast who sounds like he's on meth.

That podcast cracks me the fuck up. Just normal chat here in NZ
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:23

my tv broke wrote:Hahahaha ffs. I thought it was obvious when i put "MTBs LATE MAIL" that it was a piss take.

That said if you were an anon lurker, you might not get it, but thats your fault for being an anon lurker

Shitposting

Whoever shared it was obviously trying to make it look real, by not including the message you were replying to, and was the line directly above the 'late mail' in the post

But no doubt Wacko or the Mole will see it floating around the internet, and soon it will be picked up by the other late mail sites and everyone will expect it
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:24

Would love peoples opinions on the following.

In light of the absence of dependable Hooker options (other than Grant), I'm considering starting with Boyd and making a call on my main hooker option after Week 1. I'm not a fan of locking in Cheese early and would love some clarity on the Eels hooker roles. Even Levi could be an option.
    I figure I'll be making a trade in week 1 anyway, so why not do it in a manner where I can make the most informed decision. There's bound to be a failed pick in my side somewhere after Round 1 and seems simple enough to keep a bit of cash ITB for the trade. This avenue allows me to take risks on guys like Smithies or Plath and see what happens.

Obviously the Round 2 bye forces me to make a call but I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing.

Big brained or idiotic?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:24

Loomer wrote:What happens when JWH back? Worried about owning Wong Sitili and more so Lenui. Limited options in price bracket that I don't already have

Just don't own Leniu.

You've been around for years, why fall into that trap.

GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:26

my tv broke wrote:Dick Penis has a profile on the eels site

Oh wow, never even picked up on the double play on words.

I've locked him in my 2025 side already!
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:26

Milchcow wrote:

Just don't own Leniu.

You've been around for years, why fall into that trap.

Yeah gone off completely. Probably gamble on Wong+Sitili and hope for the best
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:37

In training the house down news, the daily telegraph is reporting:

1. Teddy had 15 training sessions with Roger Fabri (sprint coach), and Fabri says Teddy is faster than he has been for 3 years (but also says he has no data to back that up). In the 5 weeks, Teddy’s 60metre time went from 7.58 to 7.21seconds. Only comparison point was Xerri who clocks 6.9seconds

2. An article titled “Mam’s a cut above the rest” say he got a new hair style for Vegas.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:42

Milchcow wrote:

Whoever shared it was obviously trying to make it look real, by not including the message you were replying to, and was the line directly above the 'late mail' in the post

But no doubt Wacko or the Mole will see it floating around the internet, and soon it will be picked up by the other late mail sites and everyone will expect it

This feels so very possible, it's scary

I await the Fox news early mail starting teams Laughing
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:45

Jumping Marlin wrote:In training the house down news, the daily telegraph is reporting:

1.  Teddy had 15 training sessions with Roger Fabri (sprint coach), and Fabri says Teddy is faster than he has been for 3 years (but also says he has no data to back that up).  In the 5 weeks, Teddy’s 60metre time went from 7.58 to 7.21seconds.  Only comparison point was Xerri who clocks 6.9seconds

2. An article titled “Mam’s a cut above the rest” say he got a new hair style for Vegas.

I'm pretty sure I heard mention in the Raiders trial that big papa has lost 8kg - he's probably faster than Fog now... actually wait a minute...
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:48

GreenSchist wrote:

Oh wow, never even picked up on the double play on words.

I've locked him in my 2025 side already!

Are Dick and Willy brothers?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:49

Preliminary community team reveal
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2358p20-2024-communty-team-voting#747824

Come comment, and its not too late to have a vote
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:53

GreenSchist wrote:@my tv broke

Quality SAUCE over on the Amateurs Messenger chat Laughing

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 29 Img_9111

Edit: Apologies for the large image!
    lol!
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:56

the_great_wobbler wrote:

Are Dick and Willy brothers?

My brain can't handle this.

Happy to see their parents had a sense of humour.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:57

GreenSchist wrote:Would love peoples opinions on the following.

In light of the absence of dependable Hooker options (other than Grant), I'm considering starting with Boyd and making a call on my main hooker option after Week 1. I'm not a fan of locking in Cheese early and would love some clarity on the Eels hooker roles. Even Levi could be an option.
    I figure I'll be making a trade in week 1 anyway, so why not do it in a manner where I can make the most informed decision. There's bound to be a failed pick in my side somewhere after Round 1 and seems simple enough to keep a bit of cash ITB for the trade. This avenue allows me to take risks on guys like Smithies or Plath and see what happens.

Obviously the Round 2 bye forces me to make a call but I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing.

Big brained or idiotic?

I think you're more likely going to want to use that trade to pick up someone you missed than dump someone, it's pretty hard to call a pick a failure after 1 week. Injuries etc happen but I'd prefer not to be expecting them.

Also why not give yourself the chance to get it right? Outside of Grant and Cook all the likely candidates are similarly priced and if you want one of the big dogs that requires more planning.

FWIW I think just running Boyd could be a good option and he could be your main hooker option with and eel/Levi etc to cover r2
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 7:59

GreenSchist wrote:Would love peoples opinions on the following.

Big brained or idiotic?

Don't mind the theory at all. Love that stuff. But the plan involves picking Boyd....
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 8:07

the_great_wobbler wrote:

I think you're more likely going to want to use that trade to pick up someone you missed than dump someone, it's pretty hard to call a pick a failure after 1 week. Injuries etc happen but I'd prefer not to be expecting them.

Also why not give yourself the chance to get it right? Outside of Grant and Cook all the likely candidates are similarly priced and if you want one of the big dogs that requires more planning.

FWIW I think just running Boyd could be a good option and he could be your main hooker option with and eel/Levi etc to cover r2

@Mulvy as well

I've really come round to Boyd. Originally just a great cover option for my starting halves which included Hutch, it frees up more opportunity to load up on mid/edg cheapies which is where the value lies. I'm not gonna turn my nose up at an almost guaranteed 45 points every week. As mentioned previously, you can get away with a safe, valued at their average, type player. Guaranteed points and cover help earliy season as much as cash generation. Have to assume that's what most people are doing with Haas, I'm just doing it with the cheaper Boyd instead.

I may still just rock with Boyd and Levi based on this, just really not enamored with Levi, even if he wins the starting role.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 8:11

GreenSchist wrote:

@Mulvy as well

I've really come round to Boyd. Originally just a great cover option for my starting halves which included Hutch, it frees up more opportunity to load up on mid/edg cheapies which is where the value lies. I'm not gonna turn my nose up at an almost guaranteed 45 points every week. As mentioned previously, you can get away with a safe, valued at their average, type player. Guaranteed points and cover help earliy season as much as cash generation. Have to assume that's what most people are doing with Haas, I'm just doing it with the cheaper Boyd instead.

I may still just rock with Boyd and Levi based on this, just really not enamored with Levi, even if he wins the starting role.

Obviously Boyd offers half cover, but aside from that, you could just start with Robson for 45-50 scoring and not have to worry about a bye forever.

Whichever Raider partners Fog will be half cover anyway. Maybe not a great scorer but in the 18-21 a 25-30 is ok.

Been a lot of neg chat around Hutch in the last 48 hours here but I think he will be solid enough. A cumbersome trial does not make a season. Maybe Sexton is closer to getting the gig than I think though.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 8:22

Lemmy KGB wrote:Guys, I found out some very important news. The Eels have a guy called Richard Penisini

They call him Johnny two dicks

Current date/time is Sun 8 Sep 2024 - 13:58