NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:10 pm

Milchcow wrote:Reuben Cotter not seeing much chat here, but he's very popular in the community team.

If he gets starting lock, he is underpriced by 1 point based on last year in that position. everyone just hoping he'll go back to 2022 scoring?
    (edit, underpriced by close 5 points if you ignore 25 minute effort in R18)

Yes

I think he could be a sub-gun POD who pushes up to 50+ avg again, or he could be fairly priced. But unlikely to go down in price and will score well enough and byes are friendly enough to hold if there are other issues to trade first.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:11 pm

Tigs wrote:

Footy is weird sometimes.

Koro had the bleached hair at the Panthers too, didn't he? Was he late then?
    Stylebender
    Stylebender

Post by Stylebender Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:14 pm

First post of the year, hope we're well gentlemen. Looking forward to another fun season.

God damn this split round debacle is a pain in the cunt.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:16 pm

Milchcow wrote:Reuben Cotter not seeing much chat here, but he's very popular in the community team.

If he gets starting lock, he is underpriced by 1 point based on last year in that position. everyone just hoping he'll go back to 2022 scoring?

I put him in after listening to podcast saying should be injury free and more likely to score like 2022
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:16 pm

Yeah just some hopium and the late bye, but I downgraded him to Tatola this morning just so I have some extra cash
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:19 pm

I have  hopium for Taumalolo.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:21 pm

Loomer wrote:On a podcast NRL Physio thinks worth gambling on Kini holding a spot for longer than 3 weeks and Campbell not rushed back. I'm not so sure

I think Campbell gets introduced off the bench, right? Or potentially a game or two in cup. I currently do not have Kini but may just gamble.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:23 pm

On the cotter chat, I think the hope is also that cowboys bounce back into a bit of form this year (more attacking). Cotter always gets through a mountain of work, so take 5-10 tackles and add some attacking stats and hope that equates to something good
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:30 pm

Come to the consensus that I’m only going to focus on my LV players today. Goal is to lockdown the LV players in my team and then any other certainties (players that haven’t left my team not going to LV) then fill the squad out and not touch until TLT part 2. This way I ain’t worried about team make up, I have my set and forgets and players I know I’m definitely starting with, and then I can begin again next week
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:43 pm

Gonna Lock in Murray over Haas to start the year. Mainly to save an extra 100k to use for TLT2. Both are probably trade outs around Origin, given they'll both play. The round 7 bye isn't ideal, but not hugely worried about it.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:44 pm

Can Matt or another sicko point me in the right direction of cup scoring sites?

Mostly deciding on Fogarty. Is he going to completely dominate the kicking because weekes and stranger things have been low km guys in cup?

I see a few points in goals, and some in KM. Is there enough to get him to 55 average?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:47 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Footy is weird sometimes.

Koro had the bleached hair at the Panthers too, didn't he? Was he late then?

I'm glad Koro has an excuse for looking like a clown. Not sure about Ponga and Mann.

On Cotter. I mentioned before, but I reckon his scoring was down last year due to an early injury in Rd 1 and either succumbing or picking up another in Rd 3. Can't remember now. Looked alright again just before origin, then was rested some until after origin. Was on my watchlist most of last season, but always seemed like some niggle or origin that kept me away. Not huge value, but I reckon 48-50 is possible. Filtering games >40 mins and <70 puts him at 48.4 in 56 mins across LK/FR/INT. Pretty secure in his role and with Hess going down, it's made it a little harder to punt him.

At 587k, he'll be one of the first to go if I need to downgrade once TLT2 arrives, or be upgraded to Hopgood if I can find that fundage. Curran and Blore will rise in popularity next week if picked, but right now we're kinda hoping Salmon and Bradley get those spots.

I was writing out a whole team tracker earlier and thought I already know all this and who's gonna bother to read it anyway, so I axed it. Maybe I'll try again next week.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:49 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I'm glad Koro has an excuse for looking like a clown. Not sure about Ponga and Mann.

On Cotter. I mentioned before, but I reckon his scoring was down last year due to an early injury in Rd 1 and either succumbing or picking up another in Rd 3. Can't remember now. Looked alright again just before origin, then was rested some until after origin. Was on my watchlist most of last season, but always seemed like some niggle or origin that kept me away. Not huge value, but I reckon 48-50 is possible. Filtering games >40 mins and <70 puts him at 48.4 in 56 mins across LK/FR/INT. Pretty secure in his role and with Hess going down, it's made it a little harder to punt him.

At 587k, he'll be one of the first to go if I need to downgrade once TLT2 arrives, or be upgraded to Hopgood if I can find that fundage. Curran and Blore will rise in popularity next week if picked, but right now we're kinda hoping Salmon and Bradley get those spots.

I was writing out a whole team tracker earlier and thought I already know all this and who's gonna bother to read it anyway, so I axed it. Maybe I'll try again next week.

Feels a lot like Cheese/Foran where they play with no regards for their body and that leads to lots of niggling injuries. I'm tossing up Cotter vs Elliott in the same price range with Elliott currently ahead
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:51 pm

There's a few Cowboys people are hoping go back to 2022 avg, I think the difference is Cowboys were really good that year and the team fell off as a whole last year, Robson, Taumololo, Cotter a few of the guys who's scoring fell off is a down year for the cowboys. If you think they can get back to be contenders by al means take a punt on a couple of them. But Cotter wearing 10 or 13 on his back wont make a difference to his scoring. Taumololo plays as the front row and cotter the lock. They're finally looking like they'll wear the right numbers, but that's about it.
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:57 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Come to the consensus that I’m only going to focus on my LV players today. Goal is to lockdown the LV players in my team and then any other certainties (players that haven’t left my team not going to LV) then fill the squad out and not touch until TLT part 2. This way I ain’t worried about team make up, I have my set and forgets and players I know I’m definitely starting with, and then I can begin again next week

Definitely agree I've stopped worrying about next week, and am focusing entirely on the 5 or 6 I'm gonna carry into this weekend. With Cleary of course who will be locked after Sunday. Currently Running Murray, Sitili, Wong, Piakura, Burbo and Cleary. Still thinking about a Tatola or a Leniu. But will probably only end of with one of Sitili, Tatola or Leniu.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:08 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Feels a lot like Cheese/Foran where they play with no regards for their body and that leads to lots of niggling injuries. I'm tossing up Cotter vs Elliott in the same price range with Elliott currently ahead

Yeah I've definitely gotten that vibe too. I had Cotter in my original draft, then heard he was missing the 1st trial due to recent headknocks. Might be extra cautious with him if another happens, hopefully not, but unfortunately y'know.. Playing the 2nd trial gave me some confidence to bring him back, and now with Hess out for the season, I'd like to keep him and flick to a bye-friendly player after Rd 12. Cowboys play last, so if all the other cheaper midrangers are starting, he might just miss out because of that.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:22 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Can Matt or another sicko point me in the right direction of cup scoring sites?

Mostly deciding on Fogarty. Is he going to completely dominate the kicking because weekes and stranger things have been low km guys in cup?

I see a few points in goals, and some in KM. Is there enough to get him to 55 average?

Ynot has chucked all the recent reserve grade stats on yafss.com
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:24 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Can Matt or another sicko point me in the right direction of cup scoring sites?

https://yafss.com/players/

Note that Weekes has mostly played fullback in cup.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:29 pm

Weekes reminds me of Jordan Kahu but without the knee reco's
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:46 pm

i was listening to talkingleaguepod earlier re forgarty to get his 10 pts of value it equates to 6-8 points with gk & he'd only have to up his km's to just 60 to get the remainder for the 10 points of value.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:12 am