NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:04 am

Snatchpato wrote:Fuck why is Fainu so expensive, though the kid would be 260k after last week. 380 is pretty pricey for a rookie. Any tigers fans or otherwise reckon he'll maintain a good role this year? Maybe a watchlist guy this week? Could do the Terrell May but for cheaper

I don't think any of us know what kind of coach Benji is.
    I guess having the whole Tigers starting middle off the field by 21 minutes & pulling the halfback suggests he's not going to put up with shit performances for long?

Samuela Fainu looks a first-grader though, and was arguably one of the better performers. I guess it comes down to whether he can produce at a standard every week - given he's essentially a rookie.

I think there is some merit in giving some Tigers a wide berth as who knows how long it takes them to settle.
    That being said, Api looks safe, Galvin did everything you could ask of a player on debut.
    Their fantasy relevant edges will continue to do a job, Bula is pretty safe, everyone else is possibly going to have question marks on them?
    BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:04 am

lukeayee wrote:Nobody has mentioned Mitch Kenny yet. Seriously considering him as a POD.

It's not an accident that the panthers sucked when he wasn't at 9. Soni Luke killed their plays, and I doubt they give him too much game time if Kenny is fit.

Plays in a good team, should get 65+ and under 500k. No origin either.

Check out his scoring last season playing 60min+, averaged 36, couple stinkers in there so maybe he could push closer to 40 but he's currently priced about 36 so hard to see much value, too many missed tackles.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:04 am

BaldShitTruck wrote:How are Taylan May owners feeling?

Pretty keen on this guy to bring in as a keeper, has a bye coming up but don't see a lot of downside otherwise.

It's a toss up between May for my centre to pair with Koula or Fogarty/Moses to replace Galvin as starting half

I am happy about bringing him in last week. Not an amazing score but that could be near his floor and he is a guy who will most likely stay in the team the entire year barring injury. He is at least as a keeper centre and maybe a keeper WFB. His DPP is really handy at this time of the year.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:04 am

Finch wrote:My wants from TLT

Talau or Kini to be named Very Happy - Please god, I just need one.

Also Lucas to be back, not as important.

What "wants" does everyone else have?

GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:05 am

1, 2, 3… 10

Don’t mind me, just counting the number of pricks I want to put in the bin already.

10/25 bloody hell and some of you concerned about few extra roosters or raiders hahaha
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:07 am

Might go double cow this week
    Luki to FF
    Sitili to Galvin

Will give me almost 500k itb Shocked
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:07 am

CorruptSquid wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm seeing a lot of pro Terrell May chat -- understandably. And he seems a likely candidate for me to get in this week but I can't help but feel this will all go south at some point (perhaps next week).

Relying on Wong and Sitili to keep to low minutes and JWH and Whyte to keep playing 25/30 minutes a week with the looming threat of Crichton returning seems like a recipe for disaster.

Also, was JWH playing low minutes last week an intentional decision so the 'big dog' could get up for his 300th?

Anyone in the same boat or should I just jump in?

Nah I think he looks a risk. Can’t put my finger on why I care so much about the jersey number he wears or Crichton in reserves but just struggling to pull the trigger. Prefer Hosking despite Elliott and Hopgood prob best of the lot but need to time him price wise now I’ve made the stupid mistake of turning him into a potentially crocked Haas
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:08 am

CorruptSquid wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm seeing a lot of pro Terrell May chat -- understandably. And he seems a likely candidate for me to get in this week but I can't help but feel this will all go south at some point (perhaps next week).

Relying on Wong and Sitili to keep to low minutes and JWH and Whyte to keep playing 25/30 minutes a week with the looming threat of Crichton returning seems like a recipe for disaster.

Also, was JWH playing low minutes last week an intentional decision so the 'big dog' could get up for his 300th?

Anyone in the same boat or should I just jump in?

Yes certainly have the same concerns lingering but feels like at this point you just get him, if he keeps the mins it's a big risk not having him with his ppm. I expected the mins would drop back in rd2 but now we've seen it two weeks in a row it's a bit hard to ignore.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:11 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Yeah, Kini for me. Really hoping he gets another crack at it.

First half - looked their only dangerous player

Second half - looked like U16 boy thrown into men’s footy too soon.

Gets another go though imo
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:12 am

ytsb wrote:

It’s incredible that you’ve reached senior years but still carry on like a teenager.

There's a few of you on here that love to take pot shots, but cry like babies when I bite back. He called me a jerk. Unprovoked.

He included me in a rebuke at B/L that I had nothing to do with. I didn't 'aggressively abuse' Matt at any point. I had a humorous dig at him.

If you can find any abuse I directed at him, show it, and I'll apologise. Otherwise, why don't you just butt out and stick to fantasy?

That's what I do.

Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:13 am

GreenMachine wrote:

If Campbell hasn't played and trials? Surely they will give him a run in reserve grade for a week?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:14 am

I'm not sold on a 60 minute May either but after this week he's probably going to be in every serious team so it's one you kind of have to jump on. If it for some reason fails, everyone is in the same boat, if you miss him and he turns into a gun 50-60 point scoring MID under 600K, that's a hefty blow that could leave you behind.
    CorruptSquid
    CorruptSquid

Post by CorruptSquid Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:15 am

BCT05 wrote:

Yes certainly have the same concerns lingering but feels like at this point you just get him, if he keeps the mins it's a big risk not having him with his ppm. I expected the mins would drop back in rd2 but now we've seen it two weeks in a row it's a bit hard to ignore.

Yeah, I'll have to think about further. First game was a result of injuries and lack of interchanges I thought(?). Second game seems like it could be to save JWH for his big game. There's obviously still upside there but I'm guessing once everything comes back down to earth he'll average mid to late 40's by years end.

I do wonder if the loss against Manly will also make Robinson question how he utilizes May.

Maybe I'm over-complicating it.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:19 am

Just on Tommy Talau, if they are looking at a dislocated ankles the chances of him playing in the short to medium term are non existent. Even if no fractures involve (rare) recovery is months as opposed to weeks.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:20 am

Finch wrote:

I think there's just really no room to grow?

Looking now at last years stats, he averaged 67 minutes per game, with an average score of 35

I'd say he really needs to be 80 minutes to be worthwhile

Milchcow wrote:

He got 65+ minutes last year. And his fantasy scores were average.

What has changed to make him better this year

The fact that the panthers weren't the panthers when he wasn't on the field. Play broken down at Hooker.

If he plays 80 could be 10 points of value there. I agree he loves a MT.

If no hooker is named on the bench is he more attractive? If Soni Luke isn't named this week think I might have a punt.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:21 am

I'd almost put money on JWH starting in his 300th game and Terrell back to the bench.

Who could've imagined the buy of the week being a $574k bench middle?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:21 am

GreenMachine wrote:

In his defense, according to Titans, he wasn't hooked, was struggling with cramp so they took him off. I guess it could be a bit of both.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:21 am

easytiger wrote:I'd almost put money on JWH starting in his 300th game and Terrell back to the bench.

I'd put lots of money on this.

I'd probably also put money on Haas strapping up the knee and running out on thursday.

Can we get an update from Joel Caine

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:25 am

Looking at gun Ctr/W's

Undecided

Garrick
    RtS
    May
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:27 am

lukeayee wrote:

The fact that the panthers weren't the panthers when he wasn't on the field. Play broken down at Hooker.

If he plays 80 could be 10 points of value there. I agree he loves a MT.

If no hooker is named on the bench is he more attractive? If Soni Luke isn't named this week think I might have a punt.

My 2c, for what it's worth, is if I were to go for a POD option (which this clearly is), I'd want it to be high reward for the higher risk
    10 points of value on the condition he plays 80 every week (which he hasn't done in any kind of run for the last 2 years), seems like an unnecessary high risk for a likely low upside buy?

The flipside of the coin, is if your gut is screaming that you want to get it, then balance which regret is more;
    Getting Kenny and having him fail (e.g. no upside) vs not getting him and it turns out that he was a good buy - which bad result can you live with better

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:40 pm