NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Post by Chewie Thu May 09, 2024 12:20 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I think whatever happens people will be "shocked"

If you tried to pick a team that didn't shock anyone, would take about 7 microseconds before the "Wow No" comments started rolling in

maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised Laughing
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Post by wolfking Thu May 09, 2024 12:22 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

I listened to the Webster bit near the end.

He isn't planning on playing young players unless there's an injury, and the weak Pompey bench was because of availability. They want to go to RTS' side more, and are working on it.

Cheers mate. I'd appreciate them trying to get the ball to RTS more but I don't think he's a centre even from the chances he had last week.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu May 09, 2024 12:29 pm

lubedragon wrote:TU: ISSAKO
    TD: Fa'alogo

I don't know why you're yelling Jamayne's name, but consider me shocked
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu May 09, 2024 12:31 pm

easytiger wrote:

I don't know why you're yelling Jamayne's name, but consider me shocked

Yeah, I didn't imagine the vote would get close, never mind lean Dolphin. Will have another think myself.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu May 09, 2024 1:03 pm

Dolphin C's CRAAAAAAAAAZY BUYS this week

Wishart - big cash generation and then games in R16, R19 and perhaps more
    Havili - the next Murray - no wait and see for me
    Cleary - clearly needs to be in my team

see team tracker for deets of who was yeets
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Thu May 09, 2024 1:13 pm

What do we think ?

👍David Fifita
    👎Nathan Cleary

Also Yeo, comment if you prefer him

Does Des reduce Minutes of Fifita with the news he is leaving next year.

Last edited by THEGAME on Thu May 09, 2024 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu May 09, 2024 1:13 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:
    Wishart - big cash generation and then games in R16, R19 and perhaps more

How is he getting big cash generation with 38 BE? Hughes is out 2-3 weeks. By the time he maybe covers Munster in 16 and 19 he could be cheaper than now

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2024 1:19 pm

THEGAME wrote:What do we think ?

👍David Fifita
    👎Nathan Cleary

Des still needs to win games
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu May 09, 2024 1:25 pm

Danny Levi is gonna be in my squad for the whole season isn’t he..
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 09, 2024 1:35 pm

Wheres Fifita going ?
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Thu May 09, 2024 1:36 pm

my tv broke wrote:Wheres Fifita going ?

Sydney, hasnt said where.

Likely Panthers or Roosters
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 09, 2024 1:39 pm

THEGAME wrote:What do we think ?

👍David Fifita
    👎Nathan Cleary

Also Yeo, comment if you prefer him

I don't understand why this question always gets asked. Why punish your team, your fans and your chances to win games just out of spite that he is signed elsewhere. I mean, they are still paying him, so they should happily flog him for 80 minutes each week as well as back up in games after Origin.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Thu May 09, 2024 1:44 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Maybe the team announcement will be in a Haunted House? or they will announce it in a pool with a dodgy filter and low level current running through the water or they'll just jump out in front of people from behind corners screaming the team list.

What won't be shocking is if Phil Gould says it will shock a few people and it actually doesn't. He'll probably repeat the same sentence about 8 times until someone acknowledges it as both profound and prophetic (which they will resist but then give in just to shut him up)

Yeah, I was hesitant to bring it up here. Should have listened to myself haha.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Thu May 09, 2024 1:50 pm

wolfking wrote:

I don't understand why this question always gets asked.  Why punish your team, your fans and your chances to win games just out of spite that he is signed elsewhere. I mean, they are still paying him, so they should happily flog him for 80 minutes each week as well as back up in games after Origin.

It isn't spite, if you aren't making the 8 then it makes sense to give some of your young players experience that they and thus your team may benefit from in the future rather than flogging a bloke who is leaving in the hopes you may win one or two extra meaningless games.

As a fan of a team that has perpetually struggled, I'd much rather see the team taking steps to benefit from in the future than flogging a dead horse. I wouldn't feel punished to see them do something that isn't shortsighted.

Last edited by Regulator on Thu May 09, 2024 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 09, 2024 1:52 pm

Weiland wrote:

Yeah, I was hesitant to bring it up here. Should have listened to myself haha.

That's no slight on you....I have been watching Ch9 too much this year and Phil Gould would have to be the worst (and yes I am including Blocker & Ennis) listen while watching a game.

I appreciate he knows a lot about rugby league but fuck he loves the sound of his own voice and delivers his oft repeated opinions like they were brought down from the mountain by Moses (no relation)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 09, 2024 1:56 pm

Regulator wrote:

It isn't spite, if you aren't making the 8 then it makes sense to give some of your young players experience that they and thus your team may benefit from in the future rather than flogging a bloke who is leaving in the hopes you may win one or two extra meaningless games.

As a fan of a team that has perpetually struggled, I'd much rather see the team taking steps to benefit from in the future than flogging a dead horse. I wouldn't feel punished to see them do something that isn't shortsighted.

Fair enough and I can see that post Origin for the last 6 weeks or something, I just think it's a bit early for that sort of talk and probably not a good look so early in the season regardless of the position on the ladder. You don't want to be seen to be giving up until the very end either IMO. There's merit to both sides of the thinking I guess.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 09, 2024 1:58 pm

Aardvark wrote:

That's no slight on you....I have been watching Ch9 too much this year and Phil Gould would have to be the worst (and yes I am including Blocker & Ennis) listen while watching a game.

I appreciate he knows a lot about rugby league but fuck he loves the sound of his own voice and delivers his oft repeated opinions like they were brought down from the mountain by Moses (no relation)

Watched a bit of 9 too and you are spot on. He is by far the worst out of all of them. Hell, I'd even take Spud Carroll and his incoherent rambling and mispronunciation of reserve grade players every day of the week over Gould.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu May 09, 2024 2:02 pm

Loomer wrote:

How is he getting big cash generation with 38 BE? Hughes is out for 2-3 weeks. By the time he maybe covers Munster in 16 and 19 he could be cheaper than now

I would predict Wishart scores well over 38 for R10, 11 and 12... Melbourne has the bye R13.. Will play 80 minutes in R16 and 19 Could get larger minutes or replace Munster in 14, 17 and 20.

I reckon it is worth the risk.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 09, 2024 2:06 pm

wolfking wrote:

Watched a bit of 9 too and you are spot on.  He is by far the worst out of all of them.  Hell, I'd even take Spud Carroll and his incoherent rambling and mispronunciation of reserve grade players every day of the week over Gould.

When he says something 5 or 6 times and no one pipes up to tell him what a genius he is, he'll literally force one of them to agree with him. You agree with that Freddy don't you? (Freddy mumbles a resigned response reluctantly agreeing)
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu May 09, 2024 2:09 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Maybe the team announcement will be in a Haunted House? or they will announce it in a pool with a dodgy filter and low level current running through the water or they'll just jump out in front of people from behind corners screaming the team list.

What won't be shocking is if Phil Gould says it will shock a few people and it actually doesn't. He'll probably repeat the same sentence about 8 times until someone acknowledges it as both profound and prophetic (which they will resist but then give in just to shut him up)
    I love this. This is why I finally purchased Kayo and the main reason why I hate listening to Phil Gould!

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:47 am