NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 50 - Brandon Smith went to a restaurant, and ate all the food in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 50 - Brandon Smith went to a restaurant, and ate all the food in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 50 - Brandon Smith went to a restaurant, and ate all the food in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:39 pm

So much uncertainty is frustrating 😫 Brailey/Twal/Hoppy/KPP headache while still having Koula stinking it up too. Going to have to be all over the late mail this week dang it
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 50 - Brandon Smith went to a restaurant, and ate all the food in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 50 - Brandon Smith went to a restaurant, and ate all the food in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:40 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:So much uncertainty is frustrating 😫 Brailey/Twal/Hoppy/KPP headache while still having Koula stinking it up too. Going to have to be all over the late mail this week dang it

You say that but you'll probably do exactly what I do and tune in to find out you missed kick off by about half an hour.....every time Very Happy
    Tookey
    Tookey

Post by Tookey Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:42 pm

TU: Fonua-Blake
    TD: Watson
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:44 pm

Aardvark wrote:

You say that but you'll probably do exactly what I do and tune in to find out you missed kick off by about half an hour.....every time Very Happy

This. Especially cuz I'm always at work Saturday evenings. Am I hardcore enough to set alerts on my phone? No...maybe...?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:52 pm

I'm trading one of KPP and Galvin but no idea which one and probably need to decide tonight

I guess KPP makes the most sense
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:55 pm

I'm going without Aitken and it makes me nervous. I hope he gets 55ish tops tonight.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:11 pm

Its a crap week for late mail on KPP being in the last game of the round.

Happy to keep him if he plays (probably keep him anyway) but if want to trade out all potential targets play a lot earlier
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:18 pm

Aardvark wrote:

I've been contemplating exactly that question and my answer is 'probably not' for a myriad of reasons but primarily because I'm too chickenshit having used up my allotment of 'being burned by early trades' this season. Watson also strikes me as just the sort of busy little motherfucker who gets selected at 14 for the Blues in an attempt to have their very own Ben Hunt.

Yeah, that's the worry. I really think he will get picked for the Blues and just hope that he backs up.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:18 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Its a crap week for late mail on KPP being in the last game of the round.

Happy to keep him if he plays (probably keep him anyway) but if want to trade out all potential targets play a lot earlier

Think if he is a late out it'll be a Shoes -> Sharpe trade to have 17 for me.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:20 pm

BCT05 wrote:I'm trading one of KPP and Galvin but no idea which one and probably need to decide tonight

I wasn't going to use any trades but with news of KPP and Twal both in doubt I think I may have to make one and I have the same 2 outs as you, thinking I'm leaning more to Galvin out.

KPP has the bye next week so a few weeks off to get fit and he is a gun EDG. Galvin has been great but doesn't have the base of the other top tier HLF's and there's a chance we don't see him again.

Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:28 pm

Understand the Watson love but geez he's expensive and there's some great guns in that price range.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:33 pm

I'd have watson on the blues bench asap
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:34 pm

Just checking because the HANDs fiasco last week

Greig, Lussick, Maketoa and Matterson not named for NSW Cup

Harper and Moretti are

Maybe Eels will line up as named this week?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:35 pm

Khany wrote:I'd have watson on the blues bench asap

Watson is a chance, but I think if Cameron Murray is fit he's more likely to be added to the squad.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:38 pm

Loomer wrote:I'm going without Aitken and it makes me nervous. I hope he gets 55ish tops tonight.

Same here, may cost me in the end but I just think he's overpriced right now after a few outlier scores. No doubt he'll score well from here to the end but think I can get better value elsewhere

Tapine in this week for me at $100k less than other targets, and banking on him finishing strong
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:39 pm

Reklaw wrote:Understand the Watson love but geez he's expensive and there's some great guns in that price range.

Yes he is, yes there is and he plays for....... Badum1 The Roosters..... coached by Badum1 Trent Robinson

He's looked really dynamic in the games I've watched and if you could guarantee those minutes/that role over the remainder of the season he's probably a steal but.....he may not be.

I'm probably going to regret not buying him this week but there ya go. I can field 17 this week (at this stage anyway) and would rather fill round 16 gaps in round 16 when the SOO sides have been selected and whatever carnage happens this round has worked itself out.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:41 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Same here, may cost me in the end but I just think he's overpriced right now after a few outlier scores. No doubt he'll score well from here to the end but think I can get better value elsewhere

Tapine in this week for me at $100k less than other targets, and banking on him finishing strong

Have Mikaele and Clark in loops if one of either score well I'll do no trades otherwise Salmon to Sharpe last game. 10 trades left atm
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:41 pm

BCT05 wrote:I'm trading one of KPP and Galvin but no idea which one and probably need to decide tonight

I'm trading one of DBrown or Galvin to Watson this week. Feels like I should obviously trade Galvin, but I want to trade Brown
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:43 pm

I'm looking at Watson as a contingency plan from Hopgood if he gets ruled out late (there is talk of this with a 5 day turnaround and existing back injury).

if Hopgood misses this week he misses 15 16 19 20 at least, and then very likely also R17, while Watson would only miss 19 and 23 (16 if he plays Origin but he'd most likely back up given the Roosters long turnarounds)
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:43 pm

Ando wrote:

I wasn't going to use any trades but with news of KPP and Twal both in doubt I think I may have to make one and I have the same 2 outs as you, thinking I'm leaning more to Galvin out.

KPP has the bye next week so a few weeks off to get fit and he is a gun EDG. Galvin has been great but doesn't have the base of the other top tier HLF's and there's a chance we don't see him again.

Hmm yeah could go either way.

Hard with KPP because you'd have to trust rumours and no word of what type of injury if there even is one. So maybe Galvin is the safer out in that sense.

But is there a world where Galvin is back next week? Very unlikely I guess, but I do reckon he'll be back in a couple after a rest.

If they both were to return rd17 then it's very equal in terms of schedule.

Galvin would likely be more useful for me in rd19.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:28 pm