NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles - Page 11 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles

Post by Chewie Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:12 am

ynot wrote:Did anyone want to help me beta test this for Finals Fantasy: https://yafss.com/finals_fantasy ?

Give it a run for Round 27 and potentially use it for the finals. It's a bit held together with sticky tape at the minute, but hopefully it works. I'll get the winner added in to yafss first thing next season.

You'll need to login, but if you setup an account for the team optimiser at the start of the year, that will continue to work.

Also more than happy to save it for next year if @Chewie is keen to run it manually.

Initial feedback @ynot :

Brilliant...

Player selection - OK
    Captaincy selection - OK
    Submitted team - OK
    View ranking - OK  (I'm currently ranked first  Trophy  so all is well, hang on you are first too)

But once submitted, can't view or edit the submitted team, can probably re-submit a new team though
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles - Page 11 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles

Post by Camo123 Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:15 am

Chewie wrote:

Initial feedback @ynot :

Brilliant...

Player selection - OK
    Captaincy selection - OK
    Submitted team - OK
    View ranking - OK  (I'm currently ranked first  Trophy  so all is well, hang on you are first too)

But once submitted, can't view or edit the submitted team, can probably re-submit a new team though
    I briefly looked at page and drop-down worked but then navigated back to page and drop-down to select player in each position doesn’t populate
    Jason Punching

Post by Jason Punching Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:17 am

ynot wrote:Did anyone want to help me beta test this for Finals Fantasy: https://yafss.com/finals_fantasy ?

Give it a run for Round 27 and potentially use it for the finals. It's a bit held together with sticky tape at the minute, but hopefully it works. I'll get the winner added in to yafss first thing next season.

You'll need to login, but if you setup an account for the team optimiser at the start of the year, that will continue to work.

Also more than happy to save it for next year if @Chewie is keen to run it manually.

keen!
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:20 am

In for Beta, created an account and logged in

- Didn't let me set team name (defaulted to '#35 Daniel Tupou Fanclub Member'

- Drop downs for selection didn't have any options

- Love the UX, simple and intuitive
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:21 am

Something deleted the team lists, you should be able to select players now.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:24 am

ynot wrote:Something deleted the team lists, you should be able to select players now.

Nice! I can see the selected team now as well Wink
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:30 am

Thanks for the feedback/testing all. Hopefully fixing that will help and we can add to it from here.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:33 am

ynot wrote:Thanks for the feedback/testing all. Hopefully fixing that will help and we can add to it from here.

Are you planning on a rolling lock-out, or a hard lock-out at the start of the round? I guess the 2nd might be easier, locking everyone including the captain at the start
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:36 am

ynot wrote:Thanks for the feedback/testing all. Hopefully fixing that will help and we can add to it from here.

All good now! (Maybe lets not mention thing team name thing again Wink )
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:45 am

Chewie wrote:

Are you planning on a rolling lock-out, or a hard lock-out at the start of the round? I guess the 2nd might be easier, locking everyone including the captain at the start

It's currently rolling lockout, but it's obviously a bit harder to do, hopefully it works. Kind of like mixer where you can change your captain if it's not locked out.

The other thing I can't really fix is the Interchange player who must come from the bench, if you pick a player from the bench who is then moved to start - I think you just get that player regardless.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:57 am

ynot wrote:

It's currently rolling lockout, but it's obviously a bit harder to do, hopefully it works. Kind of like mixer where you can change your captain if it's not locked out.

The other thing I can't really fix is the Interchange player who must come from the bench, if you pick a player from the bench who is then moved to start - I think you just get that player regardless.

I guess we can tweak the rules a bit to suit the set-up
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:01 am

What about earlier in the season when Kelma Tuilagi went to the judiciary to seek a downgrade on his 4 week suspension but then was ruled out for 6 weeks with a thumb injury. Eels just entered no contest and took the 5 weeks because he served it while injured anyway.

Is it different because Latrell's incident was off-field?

I think it's completely fair enough that it doesn't count while you're injured but wasn't the case for Tuilagi.
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:02 am

Chewie wrote:

I guess we can tweak the rules a bit to suit the set-up

Yes, please let me know if there is anything obvious to change to make things better in terms of rules/setup. And anyone else for that matter!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:15 am

ynot wrote:

We can work with this, as long as the playing field is the same for everyone
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:10 am

BCT05 wrote:What about earlier in the season when Kelma Tuilagi went to the judiciary to seek a downgrade on his 4 week suspension but then was ruled out for 6 weeks with a thumb injury. Eels just entered no contest and took the 5 weeks because he served it while injured anyway.

Is it different because Latrell's incident was off-field?

I think it's completely fair enough that it doesn't count while you're injured but wasn't the case for Tuilagi.

I think in the past it has been different for off-field, but not totally sure.

Take the point though - ordinarily suspensions are served ASAP regardless of ability to actually play.

Still think it's hilarious that the guy who they had no intention of naming is now medically cleared.

Guess it's a classic NRL debacle all round.

And at least this kinda makes up for Murray missing R1 due to the most pointless judiciary appeal ever.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:18 am

Hmm seems like it's been rejected.

But is a good point raised here on why some suspensions are served immediately, and others are not.

Also there's been some very fringe players serve suspensions over Origin for games they weren't 100% to be selected for, while apparently Latrell can't serve his for Australia.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:34 am

robelgordo wrote:Hmm seems like it's been rejected.

But is a good point raised here on why some suspensions are served immediately, and others are not.

Also there's been some very fringe players serve suspensions over Origin for games they weren't 100% to be selected for, while apparently Latrell can't serve his for Australia.

I think it all depends on whether it is a standard judiciary suspension for an on field discretion....or whether it is a token, reactionary suspension that is purely to appease media/public outcry and to make it appear like some sort of measured disciplinary action has been taken......in that case, it obviously needs to be like sometime later when the player isn't injured.

Fairly simple guidelines really.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:39 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I think it all depends on whether it is a standard judiciary suspension for an on field discretion....or whether it is a token, reactionary suspension that is purely to appease media/public outcry and to make it appear like some sort of measured disciplinary action has been taken......in that case, it obviously needs to be like sometime later when the player isn't injured.

Fairly simple guidelines really.

I think you've nailed it

Souths should immediately ask for an exemption to include him in the NRL team this week, just to complete the farce.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:51 am

robelgordo wrote:Hmm seems like it's been rejected.

If was Souths, I'd wait for pre-season, and then claim that Latrell is medically unfit to play round 1, then when the NRL says he has to serve his suspension in round 2 or later, name in in jersey 22 then try and add him as a late inclusion to the game day squad.

kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:08 am

robelgordo wrote:After Ben Hornby said Latrell was out for the season, they have now supplied evidence he is fit for R27 after all. Miraculous! Of course still didn’t name him to actually play, but this sudden 180 in his recovery timeframe will mean he can serve his suspension this week instead of R1 next year. Assuming that the NRL stand and applaud this absolute pisstake

It's bullshit they even tried to change the rule just to make him miss a game. No one else has to wait until they're fit to serve their suspension, why change it in this case. I understand the flip flopping pissing people off though.

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:40 am